26. Apr 2024, 07:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Epic battle improvement  (Gelesen 1823 mal)

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
Epic battle improvement
« am: 21. Apr 2015, 20:55 »
Hello edainers, heres an idea for a new game mode, it could take epic battles place (or another), i think many would be thankful for this one^^

WHY?
I would like to play matches like in third age total war, but the units and everything in Edain is just so much better:/ This mode could be edains version of total war^^

So what i do now is i play with friends and build up armies for like 1-2 hours and after all that wait we can battle and the first player to reach 0 command points loses, epic battle is helpful in this case, but it still takes a long time to build the armies, and then people can cheat if it doesnt go as planned.

This way you can have actual battles, and you dont have to focus on the base at the same time. It gives a more movie like feeling, like in helms deep or minas tirith, you can just focus on the battle

So heres the idea:
There could be 2 concepts:

In one you have a timer to build troops, and no spawn time and unlimited recourses from the beginning to get a battle going really fast. In this one you could decide before the battle how many cp each player is allowed for it to be balanced (like in the chat before the game, i know you cant change the cp anymore:D)

In the other version you would have the mode as it is, but you would get recourses alot faster and the spawn time would also be reduced. This one would be a combination, you can play a normal battle but this helps a lot for the battles.

Concept 1

Commandpoints: 18000
Recourses: unlimited
Troops spawn instantly
Heroes are full level from the beginning (they could be slightly weakened)
Buildings: start on full level
Spellbook: It could be unlocked but i think it would add mode to unlock spelles in the heat of battle

And i think that in this mode there should be a timer, like 20 minutes to build up your armies and after that you cant build anymore troops and then you just battle to 0 commandpoints, the one who reaches 0 first loses.

Concept 2

Command points: 18000
Recourses: maybe 3-10 times as fast
Troops have a much smaller spawn time
Buildings: start on full level

Thoughts?:)
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Apr 2015, 00:40 von Azog The Defiler »
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: Epic battle improvement
« Antwort #1 am: 21. Apr 2015, 22:38 »
The lag would be insane. It would be interesting to have a game mode where maybe all buildings started off at level three, that would enable more interesting early game battles.

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Epic battle improvement
« Antwort #2 am: 22. Apr 2015, 00:20 »
Well i once had a battle where there were overall 25000 cp and at the beginning the laggs were pretty insane^^

But you dont have to over do it, usually i have battles with like 10000-15000 and it usually works pretty fine so. And the commandpoints in epic battle is already 18000.
But again its your own choice how many units you want:)

And the fact that you would have a lot less buildings and leveling and stuff in general going on would take away some of the laggs. After the building phase its just troop movement.

But the whole point of this mode would be to just build up an army in like 20 minutes (or less) and then have an epic battle.
Currently if you want an awesome army battle you have to wait up to 2 hours before having the actual battle, and thats pretty heavy.

I just think it would be a good idea, because theres a lot of people doing this and there are already a lot of other fun game modes to play, and to add another game mode like this would certainly be very uniqe^^
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!