27. Apr 2024, 21:30 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Hobbit Trilogy  (Gelesen 123125 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: The Hobbit Trilogy
« Antwort #90 am: 16. Aug 2015, 16:33 »
Exactly as you say Walkure!!There are so more better stuff to be shown and developed!PJ just ruined his Movies with those two and with the whole Love Triangle thing!! :)

The Love Triangle was really a bad choice, also because they didn't naturally manage to develop decently this aspect of the plot, ending up just showing a heavily watered down love story between an Elf and a Dwarf  8-|

But the positive thing is, I think, unlike ranks and ranks of Tolkien purists (or just very skilled cinematography fans and lovers  :P), that I really liked from the beginning the addition of Tauriel as a completely new character.
And I'm also very glad that she will be part of Lothlórien in the game  ;)
I am no purist and I like both Movies and Books each is great i ntheri own way!But the last Movie was good it just could have been great and much better!
I too like the adding of Tauriel she is good character and I do not mind Legolas being there it is only natural for him to be in his Kingdom next to his father!But the Love Triangle was pointless and not reasonable,and Legolas should have  had smaller role than rather being a star and taking so much screen time from a characters who deserved more! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #91 am: 17. Aug 2015, 12:07 »

I am no purist and I like both Movies and Books each is great i ntheri own way!But the last Movie was good it just could have been great and much better!
I too like the adding of Tauriel she is good character and I do not mind Legolas being there it is only natural for him to be in his Kingdom next to his father!But the Love Triangle was pointless and not reasonable,and Legolas should have  had smaller role than rather being a star and taking so much screen time from a characters who deserved more! :)

I certainly didn't mean, Dáin, that everyone who didn't like Tauriel was necessarily a petulant purist or a boring cinematography fan (also because the cinematography fans had indeed valid reasons to be concerned, about the deep plot's construction of the Hobbit trilogy), but the fiercest and heaviest 'attacks' came mainly from these two categories, with obvious and understandable considerations  :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #92 am: 17. Aug 2015, 15:35 »
I know you didn't mean that I am purist my friend! :) I just stated out that I am not one and am more openmided over all but still Icare a lot ofr the lore :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #93 am: 18. Aug 2015, 01:38 »
I know you didn't mean that I am purist my friend! :) I just stated out that I am not one and am more openmided over all but still Icare a lot ofr the lore :)

Actually, apart from the infamous Love Triangle, Tauriel is indeed, I think, a very lore accurate character  :)
But, as in many other passages of the LOTR and the Hobbit trilogy, the references to the lore are very deep and kind of 'cryptic'.

Tauriel is an Elf of Mirkwood, she serves loyally her Realm and, as an immortal being, she has lived in Middle Earth for more than a century.
She is not satisfied, though, with her life, she doesn't always share and support Thranduil's orders and dispositions, and she is really amazed by all the Magic of the free but dangerous Middle Earth, deeply wishing to leave sometimes the closed borders of her Realm.

These traits of her character are fundamental  :)
The Wood Elves of Mirkwood are, as Tolkien says, less wise and more dangerous, definitely the most rustic and less-developed Elven People in Middle Earth, still conserving their 'ethereal' aura of Elves.
The Kingdom of Mirkwood, by the time of the Hobbit, had already started a policy of almost complete Isolation from the rest of Middle Earth for more than a Millennium, closing the ties even to Lothlórien.
That's why, after more than 1000 years, the Wood Elves of Mirkwood barely knew anything about the other realms of the World, and most importantly of Lothlórien itself; the magical Golden Wood had already become for them a mysterious and mystical place, and the source of that incredible Magic, Galadriel, an element of their legends  8-)
Legolas, in the books, refers clearly to these facts, when he enters, full of Wonder, the borders of Lothlórien with the Fellowship  :)

That's why Tauriel is constantly attracted and loves all the incredible elements and parts of the wide and mysterious World in which she lives, hoping to break from the isolation of her Realm, imposed by Thranduil.

Ok, I recognise they may be too deep and cryptic references to detect, but that's how, I think, everything is connected  ;)

Tauriel is indeed a beautiful character.
Every form of criticism is obviously and always legitimate (and her role has many flaws), but, maybe, instead of immediately bashing her always and everywhere, someone might try to reflect a bit more intensively about the connection between her and Middle Earth (even if she is a completely fictional character of the Hobbit trilogy)  :)

« Letzte Änderung: 18. Aug 2015, 14:20 von DieWalküre »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #94 am: 20. Aug 2015, 20:03 »
I've just found completely new and official concept art from Dol Guldur. ;)

Text:

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #95 am: 20. Aug 2015, 20:28 »

This is really SUPERB  (**)
Thank you, Tiberius  :)

The presence/Magic of Galadriel indeed influences all the surrounding things, being it an enormously mighty kind of Magic, coming from another Land and from other Ancient Times; as the presence of the Valar makes Aman immortal and eternally joyful  8-)

Honestly, these pictures make me a bit more confident in the outcome of the EE of the Battle of Dol Guldur.
We might see, then, a longer version of the entrance of Galadriel in the Dark Fortress, and all the effects that she causes  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Aug 2015, 20:31 von DieWalküre »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #96 am: 20. Aug 2015, 22:11 »
It most certainly will be nice and awesoem to see that!I really hope to see more extended clash in DG between the Lady of Light and the Dark Lord! :) It will be EPIC,and only if they have used her Light Blessed Form for that encounter! :(
P.S. I am looking forward to the Second Dwarven Army of Dain too...I hope that it will be as epic as in the Trailers! :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #97 am: 21. Aug 2015, 00:11 »
It most certainly will be nice and awesoem to see that!I really hope to see more extended clash in DG between the Lady of Light and the Dark Lord! :)

True  :)
Galadriel enters Dol Guldur and confronts Sauron, her Nemesis in the World for many centuries, but, especially, in the Third Age.
This is absolutely something that surely happened rarely in the History of Arda.
Clashes between great armies are epic, but I personally find more sensational two 'Titans' like Galadriel and Sauron directly confronting each other, mightier than hosts, armies and ranks of soldiers; as Light against Darkness, as the memory of Valinor (and the Two Trees) against the nightmare of Utumno.

I sincerely still have hope that a quite satisfying version of the Battle of Dol Guldur will be made, because there is so much involved in a relatively short part of the film (Galadriel, Sauron, Elrond, the Three Rings and the Istari).

« Letzte Änderung: 21. Aug 2015, 00:28 von DieWalküre »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #98 am: 21. Aug 2015, 15:24 »
And here is a kinda of fanmade Trailer of BoFA EE it look sre ally nice and has some good hints! :)
And the even better news are that soon we can expect an OFFICIAL BoFA EE Trailer which will be long around 2:37! :)
And I hvae heard a rumor that we may get another cuted scene with Thrain II and even some changed scenes! :) Can't wait to see all the good stuff in the EE,at least I hope that they will be good! :D

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #99 am: 22. Aug 2015, 01:05 »
And here is a kinda of fanmade Trailer of BoFA EE it look sre ally nice and has some good hints! :)

This is the video Dáin is talking about  :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #100 am: 22. Aug 2015, 06:39 »
Thank you Walkure,damn my smartphone I thought the link was there!!:@ My apologize to all! :-)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast

Fingolfin,Hoher König der Noldor

• Rohirrim
  • House Tolkien- We Rule them all
« Antwort #102 am: 26. Aug 2015, 09:00 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #103 am: 26. Aug 2015, 10:06 »

And here it comes ;).

Oh, I see  :)
There are also some actual extended scenes in the trailer as well.

Thank you Fingolfin, High King of the Noldor, for having shared this with us  ;)

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #104 am: 26. Aug 2015, 10:59 »
Looks promising enough. :) Too bad it is only 19 minutes...  xD

"That still only counts as one!"