28. Apr 2024, 00:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Hobbit Trilogy  (Gelesen 123154 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The Hobbit Trilogy
« Antwort #105 am: 26. Aug 2015, 11:00 »
Looks promising enough. :) Too bad it is only 19 minutes...  xD

Please, do not remind me of it  :D
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Aug 2015, 12:27 von DieWalküre »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #106 am: 26. Aug 2015, 11:35 »
It look s that even though only 20 Minutes but they will be full of pure epicness!I hoep we see much more Battle! :)
Such epic scene with Dain standing like a boss and his Thousand Ram Riders Cavalry descend on the Elves!!And Those Aweseom Ballsitast Destroying like few Thousand Elven Arrows in once!! OMG !!!Iron Hills Army is unbeatable!!!
Lets hope we will see enough to make  BoFA what it should be!! :)

Here is for all who wonder how the Dwarven Ballista Arrows stoped the Elven Arows!Thats at least my logical explnation from whe we have seen till now! :)
Well it seem to be something like Anti-Arrow Net created from something like a whip runing trough the lenght of the Ballista Arrow( http://i.imgur.com/lUrr4Sf.jpg ) and when Fired it begins to spin and takes down the Arrows!Thats what I see from previous Trailer Pics and this for know I think that is it! It is natural for the Dwarves to search and create something to take out the biggest advantage the Elves have over them and that is te Archery and as we know dwarves are one of the best engeneers! :)

As you see by the trajectory it swings around the Arrow and combined all those other Ballista Arrows create somethink like Wall before the Elven Arrows! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Aug 2015, 13:50 von LordDainIronfoot »
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #107 am: 26. Aug 2015, 15:53 »
Haha, this looks amazing, it seems that Iron Hills were really prepared to crush Wooden elves, Thranduil wasn't aware of this. Also this is proof that PJ really cared about dwarves and their representation in this movie (Yea those soldier models are great! :) :P).
That idea about anti arrow balista is amazing, I am speechless. :P :D

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #108 am: 26. Aug 2015, 16:06 »
Agree Crag my friend!For first time PJ or someone who creates this sort of things to care more for the Dwarves and theri presentation more than that of the Elves or Man! :)
I think PJ and WETA made excellent work with all those Models and Machines!
Iron Hills is showen as it should be the stroget Dwarven Kingdom of its time and the strognest Kongdom of Free People in the Northeast in terms of Millitary Strengh!
P.S.As much as I lvoe Thnraduil and his Kingdom(begin my Favourite Elven Kingdom ever) they didnt have a chance against Dain and his Army! And it looks we will get more than 20min it says "20min of new and extended scenes" which means we can get new scenes as well as cahnged old ones and on of them for Example may be the Arrival of Dain as seen in the Trailer!? :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #109 am: 26. Aug 2015, 19:31 »
Such epic scene with Dain standing like a boss and his Thousand Ram Riders Cavalry descend on the Elves!!And Those Aweseom Ballsitast Destroying like few Thousand Elven Arrows in once!! OMG !!!Iron Hills Army is unbeatable!!!

And I suppose that this was the main reason that made you enjoy the trailer: seeing the Elves put in their place  :D

But, remember, they are Wood Elves from Mirkwood, less wise and more dangerous...
Very different from the Elven Kindred of the High Elves of the West  :)

Haha, this looks amazing, it seems that Iron Hills were really prepared to crush Wooden elves, Thranduil wasn't aware of this. Also this is proof that PJ really cared about dwarves and their representation in this movie (Yea those soldier models are great! :) :P).
That idea about anti arrow balista is amazing, I am speechless. :P :D

Yes, as if the Dwarves really knew who they were going to challenge.
Too bad that Galadriel could have blocked that wall of arrows herself alone, creating a magical barrier  ;)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #110 am: 26. Aug 2015, 21:07 »
I liked a lot of scenes but I simply thing this one was quire dramatic enrance of Dain that might get changed! :)
And I do not think Elves should be puted in any kind of place :D Elves are a great Race and Worthy opponent and the Dwarves having chance of defeating them just isays a lot about  the Dwarven Army! :)
The Dwarve knew they are going against Elven Army from Mirkwood and even if they didn't knew I think those Ballistas would ahve stoped pretty well the Orc Arrow even easier since they were able to stop the Elven ones! :)
And lets do not start an anicent agumant abotu Elves VS Dwarves! :)
The first Elves were PERFECT killing Machines created for stoping the Ultimate Evil that even Gods cuolnd't stop so puting them in the same league with any other race is not reasonable at alL! :) But anything after those Elves, Dwarves can defeat ,hard but can just as Elves defeat Dwarves,it depends a lot on stituation,leadership and many things! :) But remember Dwarves were able to defeat Doriath Elves(if I am not mistaken) and Dwarves were the one that did better work against the Dagons and helped the Elves,which just mean that Elves and Dwarves combined can't be stoped! :)
About Galadriel when I talk I say Millitary Power/Strenght and in that pure Millitary Might Iron Hills could have defeated Mirkwood and even Lorien and Rivvendail due to bigger numbers and better equpmant and machines,but lets not I am talking about pure melee fight not magic involved,Galadriel Magic mumbo jumbo is not classified as raw millitary strenght I hope you dunerstand what I mean my friend I mean no dissrespect to you nor to the great Elven Race! :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #111 am: 26. Aug 2015, 21:23 »
i say this dwarfs are the best Blacksmiths the can do whatever they want with steel or mithril and they are a grate warrior race so i  think the elfs has no change but with an op lady like galadriel on the field of battle i think dwarfs would have a problem wining 

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #112 am: 26. Aug 2015, 23:46 »
Walk, I am feeling some tension here.  xD  :P  :P
That ballista was mind breaking idea in movie, it is stupid maybe in eyes of some members here (don't think on you), but C'Mon chain which rotates around big ballista's arrow, that is pretty smart. They got pretty crazy and nice idea in same time. ;) And all in terms of dwarves.
I like it, no matter about its purpose. :D
We will see in EE what was its real purpose.  ;)

P.S. Walk, that is best signature  I have seen so far.  ;)  8-)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 19:38 von CragLord »

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #113 am: 27. Aug 2015, 00:15 »
And Those Aweseom Ballsitast Destroying like few Thousand Elven Arrows in once!! OMG !!!Iron Hills Army is unbeatable!!!
Lets hope we will see enough to make  BoFA what it should be!! :)

Here is for all who wonder how the Dwarven Ballista Arrows stoped the Elven Arows!Thats at least my logical explnation from whe we have seen till now! :)
Well it seem to be something like Anti-Arrow Net created from something like a whip runing trough the lenght of the Ballista Arrow( http://i.imgur.com/lUrr4Sf.jpg ) and when Fired it begins to spin and takes down the Arrows!Thats what I see from previous Trailer Pics and this for know I think that is it! It is natural for the Dwarves to search and create something to take out the biggest advantage the Elves have over them and that is te Archery and as we know dwarves are one of the best engeneers! :)

As you see by the trajectory it swings around the Arrow and combined all those other Ballista Arrows create somethink like Wall before the Elven Arrows! :)

come on, this thing is absolutely stupid...

I´d rather see some more content of the real storyline from the books, more character development of the dwarves etc. instead of even more totally crazy and unrealistic battle scenes which deny the exist of physics in Middle Earth.

That ballista was mind breaking idea in movie, it is stupid maybe in eyes of some members here (don't think on you)

touché  ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #114 am: 27. Aug 2015, 00:29 »
come on, this thing is absolutely stupid...
I´d rather see some more content of the real storyline from the books, more character development of the dwarves etc. instead of even more totally crazy and unrealistic battle scenes which deny the exist of physics in Middle Earth.

The existence of Physics in Middle Earth?  8-|

The same display of 'Physics' shown by Sauron, Galadriel, Elrond, Celebrimbor, the One Ring, the Three Rings, Gandalf, Saruman, Melkor/Morgoth, the Valar...
Are you maybe referring to this kind of Physics?

We can discuss about concepts, lore accuracy, cinematographic adaptations and so on; but, at this term, I sincerely think you should reconsider to read again or simply read (if you haven't done it so far) the LOTR and the Silmarillion, and thoroughly ponder about the inner and deep Nature and Spirit of the Tolkien's Legendarium.
You will certainly discover that 'Physics' is not one of the main significant and indicative elements of Middle Earth, not even in the dark and disenchanted Third Age of the World.

Greetings  :)

DieWalküre
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Aug 2015, 00:33 von DieWalküre »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #115 am: 27. Aug 2015, 00:33 »
And again korner "boy" have found his way to eng part of forum to express his feelings, especially about dwarves.  :D

Ahhhhhhhhhh. Please man, be more realistic in imaginary world...
What do you expected from PJ, to adapt this children book in some boring binar movie?
Characters development, I agree about that.

P.S. I am pretty sure that eng part of community simple adore you.
Cheers.
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Aug 2015, 00:36 von CragLord »

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #116 am: 27. Aug 2015, 00:40 »
@ Walküre:
You got a point in that.

But all the people you mention are some kind of supernatural characters. That´s ok for me.

But if someone "normal" (dwarves don´t have magic powers...) constructs a machine, this machine should be "realistic" and according to physics.

Trebuchets in Minas Tirith - works
Grond - works
Sarumans Ballistas - works

But this?? Come on...

Couldn´t the dwarves simply lift their shields and the arrows don´t hit their target? Does it need something like this?

Same like Legolas climbing falling rocks etc. The Hobbit movies simply exaggerate action scenes completely. Especially compared to the LotR movies.
Why doesn´t Legolas fly a bat from Imladris to Mount Doom dropping the ring?
Why is crossing the bridge of Khazad Dum a problem if you have skills like this?

And again korner "boy" have found his way to eng part of forum to express his feelings, especially about dwarves.  :D

Ahhhhhhhhhh. Please man, be more realistic in imaginary world...
What do you expected from PJ, to adapt this children book in some boring binar movie?
Characters development, I agree about that.

P.S. I am pretty sure that eng part of community simple adore you.
Cheers.

Chill man. This board is for open discussion, which means you have to accept other users have different opinion to yours.

You always blame me for being rude, but if you analyze the matter correctly, it´s not me but you being rude.
I don´t call others who are severeal years older than me "boys", and besides that I´m active in this forum a while longer then you.

Besides that: I´m a huge dwarves fan, I just don´t like what PJ made out of this movie.
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Aug 2015, 00:45 von korner »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #117 am: 27. Aug 2015, 00:47 »
You got a point in that.
But all the people you mention are some kind of supernatural characters. That´s ok for me.

But if someone "normal" (dwarves don´t have magic powers...) constructs a machine, this machine should be "realistic" and according to physics.

How are those ballistas not working properly or against the law of Physics?
As LordDainIronfoot has previously written, they must have a sort of anti-arrows net attached to each projectile.
I instead find it a smart and useful way to counter the Wood Elves of Mirkwood, considering how they generally fight, relying on bows and arrows.

It was a very intelligent and strategic idea of Dáin, I honestly have to reckon  :)

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #118 am: 27. Aug 2015, 00:56 »
You got a point in that.

How are those ballistas not working properly or against the law of Physics?
As LordDainIronfoot has previously written, they must have a sort of anti-arrows net attached to each projectile.
I instead find it a smart and useful way to counter the Wood Elves of Mirkwood, considering how they generally fight, relying on bows and arrows.

It was a very intelligent and strategic idea of Dáin, I honestly have to reckon  :)

because the rotating blades or net would
- cause a huge air resistance
- cause a momentum against direction of move
which simply would lead to slowing down the projectile and make it drop after some metres.

The main thing about all that (for me) is the differences to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. In that movies nearly everything (besides supernatural creatures like Sauron, Gandalf etc.) was "realistic":
- a Mumakil cannot fly without wings
- a troll cannot jump 100 metres high
- someone who falls down a high wall dies

While in the Hobbit movies there are far too much "unrealistic" things (ballista projectiles, suicide trolls, wyrms, nearly every second Legolas move ...) that do not fit to the Middle Earth presented by the LotR trilogy.

My problem is not the action in the Hobbit. My problem is the action in the Hobbit compared to the one in the LotR. It just does not fit together, and it´s still the same world.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #119 am: 27. Aug 2015, 00:58 »
well spoken walk ;)