28. Apr 2024, 07:49 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Hobbit Trilogy  (Gelesen 123224 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The Hobbit Trilogy
« Antwort #180 am: 12. Sep 2015, 19:23 »
Some new footage of Bard and Smaug.

Thank you very much for your periodic news about the EE, Tiberius  ;)

Hopefully, we might see promotional clips also of the Battle of Dol Guldur in the next days  :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #181 am: 16. Sep 2015, 16:38 »
Thank you Tiberius! :) And while I can say the footage was interesting and fun I am not so  verry fond of it,cuz I think there is much more interesting better stuff that can be shown than just Bard sliding on some roof!! :)

I hope we will see much better things and nopt scenes wasted on such poinless cascades! :)

Greetings! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #182 am: 16. Sep 2015, 18:52 »
A few days ago I casually watched an extra content of iTunes about BOTFA (that I can't unfortunately upload here).

It was basically an almost 9-minute video, which mainly consisted in a long and holistic comment of PJ and Philippa Boyens about the creation and the whole concept itself of the Hobbit trilogy, referring in particular to the last chapter of this trilogy.
As I kind of immediately imagined watching the video, it was the extended version of a video that I had already watched before, in the preceding days of the official release of BOTFA (in the early December).
The expanded version of that video, the one that I recently saw on iTunes, contains actual footage of the very BOTFA, that they obviously couldn't show us before the official release of the film (that's why it was cut).
This is the 'short' version of the iTunes extra content, which deals with the same main themes, but, obviously, in a more synthetical way  :)

One element, that is not present in this short version, is the comment about Galadriel and the Banishment of Sauron; this comment starts at 1.20 in the YouTube video, and, in the iTunes version, it has more content in it.
Speaking about the 'Resurrection' of Sauron and the White Council, PJ and Philippa Boyens say that Galadriel puts an enormous amount of Power in the Banishment of the Dark Lord from Dol Guldur (showing BOTFA footage of the Banishment), and that this leaves her dramatically weakened and strengthless.
The impact of this confrontation drains the majority of her magical powers, changing her forever and forever making her unable to regain her previous Might...

That's why (PJ's and Philippa Boyens' words) Galadriel has in the LOTR trilogy a 'detached' and 'passive' role and behaviour, knowing that most of her powers are inevitably gone (they also showed some footage of FOTR of Galadriel).

What do you think?
I'm not really convinced by this interpretation...  8-|
Galadriel becomes finally aware of the ineluctable decrease of her powers when she rejects the One Ring, and, consequently, her millenary Ambition of Power.
Also, at the arrival of the Fellowship in Caras Galadhon, she is at the apex of her Might, almost unmatchable in her own realm.
Also, she later fends off the three assaults from Dol Guldur with her powers, and (when Nenya had already lost its magical Power with the destruction of the One Ring) destroyed and purified Dol Guldur from the Memory and Evil of Sauron, her real Last Act of Power, resembling (obviously in a minor scale) what Lúthien did in Tol-in-Gaurhoth, always against the Power of Gorthaur/Sauron  8-)

Also, speaking about Magic and the confrontation of Dol Guldur, this is what I have found throughout the Internet.
It is another WETA concept of the White Council; and Galadriel surely gives us a direct representation of what she may be able to do, fighting with what seems to be the Shadow of Sauron  :)

« Letzte Änderung: 16. Sep 2015, 21:26 von DieWalküre »

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #183 am: 16. Sep 2015, 20:42 »
I always thought Sauron was not banished (actively) from Dol Guldur but instead retreated on his own accord in order to deceive the White Council into thinking they had weakened him. But instead he spent some time in the East and then rebuilt Barad-dûr (and the whole land of Mordor), commencing his war on the West by attacking Ithilien (and thus, Gondor).

I may be wrong, but this is how I recall it from reading the source material. (This is just off the top of my head, I did not read anything up before posting)
RPG:

Der Dunkle König

• Seher der Elben
  • Er, der in Macht ersteht
« Antwort #184 am: 16. Sep 2015, 20:53 »
That's correct, Fine. Quote from "Of the Rings of power":
" [...], and drove Sauron from his hold, and Mirkwood for a brief while was made wholesome again.
But their stroke was too late. For the Dark Lord had forseen it, and he had long prepared all his movements; [...] Therefore his flight was but a feint, and he soon returned, and ere the Wise could prevent him he re-entered his kingdom in Mordor and reared once again the dark towers of Barad-dûr."

So Sauron didn't really try to defend himself against the Council, he wanted them to believe that they banished him.

"Außerhalb der Weltkreise werde ich niemanden verfolgen denn außerhalb der Welt ist nichts. Doch innerhalb der Welt werden sie mir nicht entkommen, bis sie in das Nichts eintreten."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #185 am: 16. Sep 2015, 20:58 »
I always thought Sauron was not banished (actively) from Dol Guldur but instead retreated on his own accord in order to deceive the White Council into thinking they had weakened him. But instead he spent some time in the East and then rebuilt Barad-dûr (and the whole land of Mordor), commencing his war on the West by attacking Ithilien (and thus, Gondor).

I may be wrong, but this is how I recall it from reading the source material. (This is just off the top of my head, I did not read anything up before posting)

Yes, I agree with you.
And, this is also what Tolkien tells us in the Appendices: Sauron deceives the White Council and makes his retreat seem to be like a defeat, avoiding a direct involvement.
But, still from this source, it's also possible to infer that a sort of Battle (magical or not) between the White Council (Galadriel is thus included) and Sauron (or/and his evil forces) took place anyway  :)

Yes, according to the film's plot, it's not a complete Banishment.
But, when Galadriel says at the end that the Spirit of Sauron 'endured', it might be a subtle hint of the real purpose and intention of Galadriel in the confrontation with Sauron: she might have tried to banish him forever into the Void, the same fate of Morgoth, but, of course, eventually failed, being it something definitely beyond the Powers of the Elves.
The only complete Banishment was done exclusively by the Valar, when they threw Morgoth out of the Walls of the Night.

That's correct, Fine. Quote from "Of the Rings of power":
" [...], and drove Sauron from his hold, and Mirkwood for a brief while was made wholesome again.
But their stroke was too late. For the Dark Lord had forseen it, and he had long prepared all his movements; [...] Therefore his flight was but a feint, and he soon returned, and ere the Wise could prevent him he re-entered his kingdom in Mordor and reared once again the dark towers of Barad-dûr."

So Sauron didn't really try to defend himself against the Council, he wanted them to believe that they banished him.

Yes, this is the exact source.
Though, it's not specifically stated if there were battles or not, or which members of the White Council showed up.

Anyway, what I wrote in the previous comment refers specifically and exclusively to the BOTFA very own plot.
Something obviously different and apart from the canonical lore.
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Sep 2015, 21:04 von DieWalküre »

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #186 am: 22. Sep 2015, 17:15 »
I think the overall sins that the movies made are that they were made with audiences and merchandising in mind, as opposed to just making the best adaption that they could. It would be cool if PJ released a directors cut of the movie that was more like the fan cut version, but changing stuff like mermaid Galadriel to the original ideas pre Guillermo.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #187 am: 22. Sep 2015, 18:00 »
I think the overall sins that the movies made are that they were made with audiences and merchandising in mind, as opposed to just making the best adaption that they could. It would be cool if PJ released a directors cut of the movie that was more like the fan cut version, but changing stuff like mermaid Galadriel to the original ideas pre Guillermo.

Then, I seriously think that Mermaid/Seaweed Galadriel might be replaced by an angelic concept, or, better, a Sublime form like in FOTR  8-)

Sublime = Immensely Beautiful and Dreadful at the same time  ;)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #188 am: 22. Sep 2015, 21:27 »
Zitat
Then, I seriously think that Mermaid/Seaweed Galadriel might be replaced by an angelic concept, or, better, a Sublime form like in FOTR
Which was one of the best immediate dramatic character change I've ever watched on movies.
On the other hand the Seaweed was one of the lamest CGI effect I've ever seen on movies  [ugly]

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #189 am: 3. Okt 2015, 19:41 »

aminetude

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Go back to the void from whence you came!"
« Antwort #190 am: 3. Okt 2015, 21:08 »
Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth.

aminetude

« Antwort #191 am: 14. Okt 2015, 08:33 »
new EE pics  (**) (**) (**) (**) we get to see more of the rings of the elves !!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/The-middle-earth-memories-1521511808125279/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #192 am: 14. Okt 2015, 09:14 »
new EE pics  (**) (**) (**) (**) we get to see more of the rings of the elves !!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/The-middle-earth-memories-1521511808125279/

Yes, wonderful news  (**)

Sauron will be indeed interested in the Three Rings, and they will be probably displayed as well together, for the first time, in the Hobbit trilogy.
Great thing, furthermore, that Galadriel will have much more space for showing her potential; it remains to see if there will be other battling scenes with her and Sauron.
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Okt 2015, 09:27 von DieWalküre »

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #193 am: 14. Okt 2015, 09:59 »
I haven't watched the EE, but from what I heard in The One Ring forums, Galadriel may get a bit more fighting, but not much, and she doesn't speak Black Speech...
It would also seem everyone was right - the palantir vision scene isn't in the movie  :(.

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

aminetude

« Antwort #194 am: 14. Okt 2015, 12:11 »
1.) More scenes of Bard&Smaug
2.) More scenes of Galadriel VS. Sauron ( oh yes diwalkure !!!! there is more of our dark lady against the dark lord !!!!! )
3.) More scenes of Gandalf & the Orc that threw him while he was in a cage
4.) More scenes of Elrond, Saruman VS. The Nazguls
5.) Radagast & Gandalf will talk more after they leave Dol Guldur
6.) More scenes of the Elves when they arrive in Dale
7.) Bofur and Bilbo will talk befor Bilbo goes to Dale (like in An Unexpected Journey)
8.) Thorin will talk more with Gandalf, Thranduil and Bard while he's behind the wall
9.) Dwarves Army will fight against Elvish Army before the Orcs will come
10.) The Movie got an R-Raiting when Thorin and the other Dwarves charge out of the Mountain ( BRUTAL ORC KILLING !!! )
11.) More scenes of Dori Nori Ori fighting together
12.) More scenes of Bifur Bofor Bombur fighting together
13.) Bofur will have an awesome moment
14.) We will see more blood in the Extended Edition ( of course in got an R- rating ! )
15.) Woman of Lake-Town will fight against the Orcs
16.) More scenes of Thorin and Dain
17.) We will see a 3 Minute cart scene of the Teaser Trailer
18.) Gandalf will fight against a troll ( impressive !!!)
19.) Dain & Thranduil will fight together
20.) More scenes of Alfrid
21.) More scenes of Legolas while he is fighting
22.) We will see the scene when Bifur gets out the axe out of his Head
23.) Bombur will talk
24.) More scenes of Bolg against Legolas
25.) More scenes of Beorn in the Battle
26.) And we will get an very emotional funeral scene
and sadly he confirmed we will not see beorn tortured in dol'guludur :( it is a deleted scene.