28. Apr 2024, 16:16 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Hobbit Trilogy  (Gelesen 123310 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The Hobbit Trilogy
« Antwort #285 am: 8. Jan 2016, 08:59 »
Elrond himself tells the Council, in the books, that he was there, during the War of Wrath, beholding the mighty and holy Host of the Valar engaging battle in Beleriand...

Yes, I wouldn't mind listening to Elrond's tales entire days  :P

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #286 am: 8. Jan 2016, 13:02 »
The reason that they didn't let the viewer hear about those tales of the first age is that they dont have the rights to the Silmarillion. Therefore only that small hint is given. Same goes for the names of the Blue Wizards, their names are known (Allatar and Pallando), but PJ is not allowed to give them. That's why Gandalf "forgot" their names.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #287 am: 8. Jan 2016, 16:26 »
Yes, I knew about those two, but it was, I think, because their true names are specifically mentioned only in the Silmarillion.

What I meant was some little and general references about the War of the Jewels.
In LOTR and, especially, in the Appendices, there are summaries as well about the First Age and the main 'mechanism' that characterised the events of that time, based on the direct or indirect eternal fight between Morgoth and the Valar/Eldar, with various unexpected elements here and there as it often happens in the narration.

In the Appendices is summarily mentioned the tale of the Downfall of Númenor too, and, along with the events mentioned above regarding the Elder Days, these references are periodically hinted at by Tolkien (via his characters) to always highlight the importance that those 'mythological' facts had for the course of the History of Arda (the traditional mythological references to the Ancient Past that we often find in ancient/classical literature).

Obviously, there are not many specific names, or every character of the very Silmarillion, and it would have rightly been illegal referring to them.
But, I think that a general summary in form of memories of the Past would have been fine; probably, they made Elrond stop just to not confuse people with more events and names (and with a Dark Lord greater than Sauron)  xD

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #288 am: 8. Jan 2016, 17:45 »
It could also be a little teaser so that people will search about it on the internet xD.

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #289 am: 8. Jan 2016, 20:26 »
And then we'd have more friends talking about it here ^__^

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #290 am: 8. Jan 2016, 20:41 »
And then we'd have more friends talking about it here ^__^

Of course  8-)
That is the way via which many of us ended up here  ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #291 am: 17. Jan 2016, 01:56 »
As you can see, I changed the title of the thread in 'The Hobbit Trilogy', to give it a more general range involving all the three chapters of the cinematographic adaptations of the Hobbit.
A lot of posts related to the other two films and not only to the last one (EE version).
Therefore, I felt it will be much more useful and interesting if the debate becomes broader  :)

And, I also merged the thread which dealt with the 'sins' of these films with this main one, since it basically referred to similar matters as these.

http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30896.msg390958.html#msg390958

I wish you all and myself a good discussion  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 17. Jan 2016, 03:15 von DieWalküre »

Spacetyrant93

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #292 am: 20. Jan 2016, 16:35 »
I have to say that, in complete honesty, I enjoyed the trilogy. It was so nice to have back the feeling of being transported to Middle Earth, to see again some iconic characters like Bilbo, Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel, and being presented new ones, like Thorin and his company. Rediscovering enchanted places like the Shire and Rivendell was heart-warming, and descovering new ones such as Erebor, Mirkwood and Lake-Town has been intriguing and interesting.

Yes, indeed there have been some choices in the realization that left me a bit baffed, some even slightly disappointed me, but in the end not that much, as I do enjoy variations. I can see that Weta's team had wanted to have quite fun with these movies and many things were a bit over the top, especially in the last chapter, but that's not really news (if one thinks King Kong).

Overall, the Hobbit Trilogy has satisfied me. Despite everything, it has been a memorable jump back to Middle Earth.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #293 am: 20. Jan 2016, 17:09 »
I have to say that, in complete honesty, I enjoyed the trilogy. It was so nice to have back the feeling of being transported to Middle Earth, to see again some iconic characters like Bilbo, Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel, and being presented new ones, like Thorin and his company. Rediscovering enchanted places like the Shire and Rivendell was heart-warming, and descovering new ones such as Erebor, Mirkwood and Lake-Town has been intriguing and interesting.

I totally agree with you, and I think that this has also been one of the main reasons why the majority of the fans holistically liked the trilogy.
Perfect words, nothing to add about it  :)

Regarding the numerous flaws of the trilogy, you can see throughout the Internet and in this very same thread that a lot of different themes have been brought out, from technical aspects to conceptual ones.
And I would also like to focus on the inner 'spiritual' aspects of these films, that inevitably lacked many things and still don't totally reach the standards of the LOTR trilogy.

I mean, it's very clear to me, in watching and trying to make a fair comparison between the two trilogies, that there is a general different 'spirit' in LOTR, and that this spirit doesn't necessarily relate to the different characteristics of the events dealt with.
I believe that, whether PJ admits it or not, a lot more in terms of passion and accuracy (even if that means renouncing to grotesque elements and choosing strict creativity) was poured in the construction of LOTR; as if there had been the intention of reaching the best outcome possible in the first trilogy, while standards and boundaries regarding the second one were unchained and definitely wilder.

But, having that in mind, I too don't regret having watched the Hobbit and dived into Middle Earth once again  ;)

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #294 am: 20. Jan 2016, 17:17 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

I personally think this video explains very well why The Hobbit was not as good as LotR.

"That still only counts as one!"

Spacetyrant93

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #295 am: 20. Jan 2016, 18:42 »
Well, tachnically speaking, the books aren't exactly comparable either, so it's even XD

I agree, the spirit changed, and probably people were less motivated, plus the rush and everything. I get that they could've gone other ways, make different choices and much more, but considering what they did, with what problems, deadlines and the rest, I really can't find it in me to blame them that much.
Whether they have 'flaws' or not I think it's mostly up to personal taste, for exemple many people didn't like Radagast, but I did, and really much .
I just enjoy both trilogies for what in my head is 'The Middle Earth Saga'.

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #296 am: 20. Jan 2016, 21:33 »
^Exactly what I think of the Hobbit trilogy as well  :).

I love the Hobbit movies and, no matter how strange it may sound, I actually find no flaws in it; that is my personal opinion, but I agree that with the circumstances PJ had, he really has made a great trilogy that is imo totally worthy and on level with Lotr.

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #297 am: 20. Jan 2016, 22:57 »
I feel quite the same! :-)

Although there are few things I quite disagree and don't approve so much,I too understand the situation PJ was left with the sudden leave of Del Toro and all he had to go trough! :-)

So for me the Movies were epic,perfect cast,perfect Visual from WETA on Armors,Costumes and etc.,perfect Music and Sounds by Shore and the Singers ,great Details and 3 Movies of Epic Middle Earth adventure is something that can never be bad in my eyes!I enjoyed the Hobbit Trilogy from the bottom of my heart,and it will remain as my favourite Movies alongside LOTR Trilogy! :-)

Greetings mates! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #298 am: 20. Jan 2016, 23:08 »
and choosing strict creativity

Interesting. What exactly did you mean by that?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #299 am: 24. Jan 2016, 21:39 »
Interesting. What exactly did you mean by that?

Yes, maybe I used strict in a very cryptic way  xD

It's because I personally think that PJ managed to find a very well-thought equilibrium between his iconic interest in grotesque elements and the awareness that he was working on a trilogy (LOTR) about which the word solemn may be the most accurate adjective.

I mean, I believe that he intentionally chose to 'contain' his wildest and most disruptive fantasies (because he could have truly had the opportunity to unleash his creativity in the most bizarre ways, approaching to the events of LOTR), in a more conscious will of making a coherent and elegant outcome, mainly free from the exaggerations and disharmonious things that characterised the Hobbit trilogy.

Sometimes, elegance, coherence and perfection require less Quantity, in order to be of a higher Quality, and some boundaries are necessarily needed.
But, this is obviously an opinion of mine  :)