27. Apr 2024, 19:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: funny, clever, unique stuff  (Gelesen 85610 mal)

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
Re: funny, clever, unique stuff
« Antwort #195 am: 7. Mär 2016, 23:19 »
Well, that's certainly right. However the original comment said
Zitat
That's the difference between makeup and cosmetics over CGI. Real costumes will always, ALWAYS be better than CGI when it comes to things like that.
Due to Gollum having a completely different physique than a more or less humanoid orc, the comment doesn't really apply. :D Those were just made in a computer because reasons, not because I'd be impossible otherwise. BTW: Personally, I don't see CGI as a problem, there are just too many examples of utterly great computer effects which would look strange at best if created via a practical effect -nevertheless, I totally agree with the picture's basic premise.
Everyone who watched the acorn scene will know the exact reason... :)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #196 am: 8. Mär 2016, 00:10 »
I actually never thought anything against CGI. But good CGI is Gollum, PS4 CGI is Azog.
I think it's very clear why the Hobbit didn't win a special effects Oscar, while the apes movie the same year won.

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #197 am: 8. Mär 2016, 08:18 »
Due to Gollum having a completely different physique than a more or less humanoid orc, the comment doesn't really apply.

Still applies then, because the Trolls or Goblin King shown in the picture also have a completely different physique, like Gollum.
Same goes for the Goblintown Orcs and the Gundabad merceneries. Just watch the Appendices of the 1st Hobbit movie: You'll see the Goblintown costumes Weta made, and you'll know the reason why they ultimately animated them.

But good CGI is Gollum, PS4 CGI is Azog.
Honestly I don't really see a quality gap between those two in the movies. Both have great light reflections, muscle movement, and acting power.
Of course they used a bad picture of Azog for their comparison, but you might as well think of scenes like weathertop or the confrontation with the dwarves on the pine trees, were Azog looked great.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #198 am: 8. Mär 2016, 10:17 »
Since I also saw on the Internet, with valid reasons, that the CGI of LOTR is considered in a whole greater than the more 'modern' one of the Hobbit, what about the digital ambient scenarios/settings?
I think the Hobbit trilogy offers indeed some valuable elements.

For example, what would you say if you were to compare the LOTR Rivendell (based, if I'm not wrong, on a physical model) to the Hobbit Rivendell?
I think the latter is represented much better in its holy and sanctuary-like aspects.
The concept of the Sacred Valley is wonderfully rendered  :)

The photography of all the Rivendell scenes is almost perfect.
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Mär 2016, 19:00 von DieWalküre »

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #199 am: 10. Mär 2016, 21:51 »
Reading something about Tom Bombadil in the Lore Corner reminded me of this gem:

P.S.: Tom probably couldn't have done all that, but I just love the mental image!  :D

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #201 am: 10. Mär 2016, 23:13 »
Well, i have to admit, that I'm little affraid of this specific Cage too. :P

Oh, and did you heard, that Frodo gets new job recently?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #202 am: 11. Mär 2016, 15:03 »
It means, Linhir, that you took your Cage-Aragorn obsession to the next level  xD

What about, to add something to that, Lucy Lawless (Xena) as Galadriel?  [ugly]

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #203 am: 11. Mär 2016, 15:15 »
That first picture really doesn't look half bad, a little too young for Galadriel maybe but other than that I quite like it.

The second one... well.  :D
RPG:

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #204 am: 11. Mär 2016, 16:07 »
I love both Xena and Lucy, but I have the slight suspect that we were tremendously lucky that PJ and the writers chose Cate instead of her  :P

Cate is much more ethereal and 'deep' as an actress, but I reckon that Lucy's physique would have been more than suitable for that role, given Galadriel's legendary strength.

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #205 am: 21. Mär 2016, 21:58 »
not sure if this is the right place to put this, but most of the "Edain Mod Feedback", I think, would be for serious discussion about the mod, and this is, well, more silly.

It seems to me that the modders created Mornamarth so that fans would be forced to use the most popular pronunciation of the Sindarin word "Amarth".

As a metal-head, I see this a lot. The Swedish death metal band Amon Amarth is often pronounced amOn amArth (the large, capitalized letters indicating where the syllable emphasis lies), even though I've never heard Amon Sul pronounced amOnsool. I've always pronounced it Amon sUl and Amon Amarth, with the syllabic emphasis on the first vowel unless there is any indication otherwise.

But with Mornamarth, it sounds odd to pronounce his name mornAmarth, as I usually would. But the popular pronunciation of Amon Amarth (as listed above) would make pronouncing his name "simpler", since it would be mOrnamArth or mOrnamarth.

I'll show myself out, thank you, but not after taking the etymology nerd of 2016 award with me. At least Professor Tolkien would be proud of me, lol.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #206 am: 21. Mär 2016, 22:18 »
not sure if this is the right place to put this, but most of the "Edain Mod Feedback", I think, would be for serious discussion about the mod, and this is, well, more silly.

I'll show myself out, thank you, but not after taking the etymology nerd of 2016 award with me. At least Professor Tolkien would be proud of me, lol.

Ok...  :D

This is a very lively space, containing a diverse and colourful content, from Xena-Galadriel to etymology  ;)
Pretty much any particular insight is very welcome.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #207 am: 3. Apr 2016, 15:38 »
This might already be on there but I'll try to convince everybody that they're looking at this the wrong way:
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #208 am: 3. Apr 2016, 16:27 »
This might already be on there but I'll try to convince everybody that they're looking at this the wrong way:

I appreciate your passionate efforts, but I will never buy that  :D
Sauron is just bad, constantly trying to sneak into other people's plans and to make them fail.

In other words: he is a plague for all Middle Earth  xD

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #209 am: 3. Apr 2016, 17:12 »
Perhaps a good plague :P?

We should look at it in a positive way. Good guy Sauron is fighting overpopulation of Middle-Earth I guess xD..