27. Apr 2024, 22:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: funny, clever, unique stuff  (Gelesen 85633 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: funny, clever, unique stuff
« Antwort #210 am: 6. Apr 2016, 13:58 »
Poor Varda  :(
Her Light has constantly been in danger from the earliest times...

#SadDestiny
#AlwaysMelkor

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #211 am: 6. Apr 2016, 14:10 »
A great find xD
RPG:

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #212 am: 6. Apr 2016, 14:56 »
A great find xD

You never know how many precious pieces the Internet holds hidden  xD

By the way, I like to think that there is a sort of 'special relationship' between Melkor and Varda. The lore offers some hints about it.
Varda is arguably the most powerful among the Valar (not in authority, though); the element she embodies and dominates, Light, surpasses in might and importance all the other Valar's. One could also assume that Light is the most vivid and evident resemblance of God in the World, and Tolkien himself says that Varda appears as fully covered by and emanating the Light of Ilúvatar, as a memory of the holy Timeless Halls.

Needless to say, any creation in Arda that was conceived with her Light and for her Light has always been the most beautiful and remembered in tales. Just to mention: Stars, the Two Lamps, the Two Trees of Valinor, the Sun and the Moon  8-)

Tolkien also tells us that she was the first Vala to understand and see through Melkor's true intentions already from the beginning, refusing and rejecting him immediately; Manwë, on the other hand, always fought against him, while, at the same time, feeling profound sadness and piety for the Evil whose nature he had never understood so clearly.
Varda and Melkor are thus Light and Darkness, forever bound to hate and fight each other.

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
« Antwort #213 am: 6. Apr 2016, 15:05 »
Yeah if I recall correctly there was a hint somewhere that Melkor might at one point have "had the hots" for Varda but was quickly rejected. Keeping that in mind makes the image you posted even funnier xD
RPG:

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #214 am: 6. Apr 2016, 15:17 »
And, the fact that she was the first who rejected him makes her the smartest among the Valar as well.
In your opinion, how did Varda vote when the Valar sat in council to discuss about Melkor's fate after his three-era chaining?

I have the slight suspect that she voted negatively  :D Unlike her husband, Nienna and other ones...  8-|

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
« Antwort #215 am: 6. Apr 2016, 15:21 »
I am convinced that she did indeed vote to show Melkor no mercy. ^^

After the fall of Angband, (again, if I recall correctly), harsh treatment was dealt to Melkor: His legs were cut off and he was bound with an even stronger chain forcing him into quite an uncomfortable body position; on top of that he was cast out of the Gates of Night.
I think I know whose idea all that was... xD
RPG:

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #216 am: 6. Apr 2016, 15:36 »
I wouldn't be surprised by that  :D

Varda had found a cruel punishment for Melkor long before (again, thanks to her farsighted mind).
She personally hallowed the Silmarils, in order to prevent any evil hand from taking possession of them. When Melkor stole them and held them for the first time, they immediately burned his hands, leaving a painful wound that would have always lasted, until the end of Time...  :P

So, she also gave the Silmarils a powerful magical property by herself, and, considering that the very Light contained in the Jewels can be regarded as hers, she is the ultimate legitimate owner of Fëanor's creations  xD

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #217 am: 17. Apr 2016, 11:36 »
Damn, why they didn't use all of those scenes for Beorn...  :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6sbGvO0-W4

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #218 am: 17. Apr 2016, 18:31 »
My thoughts exactly. He is already a badass and would've become even greater after slaying a troll all by himself xD.

In any case I found some interesting parallels between the Hobbit and LOTR movies. Some are obvious, some are not :)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #219 am: 18. Apr 2016, 19:20 »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #220 am: 18. Apr 2016, 19:36 »
Or when people say they loved the Kili-Tauriel love story :/...

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #221 am: 18. Apr 2016, 20:11 »
Or when I hear someone attributing any line from the films that was not in the books to JRR Tolkien.

Examples: "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future", or my personal 'favorite', "There's some good in this world...and it's worth fighting for."

:-| :-| :-| :-|
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #222 am: 3. Mai 2016, 06:11 »
Found these on quizzup, gotta say tumblr text posts are the best  :D :D :D

Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #223 am: 3. Mai 2016, 09:46 »
Oh daaaaamn I laught way too hard at the Barad-dûr picture xD xD

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #224 am: 3. Mai 2016, 19:55 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAAp_luluo0&index=1&list=PL96675BDF95286773

New Epic Rap Battles of History, this one was between Tolkien and Martin (guy who writes Game of Thrones, for those who don't know). I really enjoyed it, and in my honest opinion Tolkien won the battle hands down. :D
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?