6. Mai 2024, 03:50 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Which female angmar champion do you want?

Vampire
7 (26.9%)
Spy/Scout
3 (11.5%)
Sorceress
10 (38.5%)
Swordswoman
6 (23.1%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 25

Autor Thema: New Angmar Champion  (Gelesen 8315 mal)

Raptor6

• Bilbos Festgast
New Angmar Champion
« am: 22. Mai 2015, 18:41 »
I have several ideas for a female hero of Angmar.

1. A vampire woman

2. An Angmarrim sorceress

3. A spy or scout type character

4. A Swordswoman who can toggle between sword and and bow and arrow. Also including a mount option.

I have several references for the designs

http://img12.nnm.me/2/a/a/9/c/7d845d35ab794a8edbf9d11e3e5.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f9/31/7b/f9317bc0e318067d7be9c347bb8f73d4.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b2/47/bb/b247bb236c506c08ee0d359d716c79fb.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/20/eb/9d/20eb9d0f47d4504c4fcd68d29d16cfba.jpg

Or I could always share some of my own drawings for model references.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Re: New Angmar Champion
« Antwort #1 am: 22. Mai 2015, 18:54 »
Nice inspiration from Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood. 8-)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #2 am: 22. Mai 2015, 19:24 »
The problem is just that such ideas doesn't help us very much...
How should the heroes be integrated? Abilities? Strengths? Weaknesses? Why do you think that they fit into the faction/the faction needs them?^^

Raptor6

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 22. Mai 2015, 20:22 »
I'm writing them down now actually. But you'll have to wait, I'm leaving home in about 10 minutes and I'll be driving for about an hour and a half.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #4 am: 22. Mai 2015, 22:33 »
Lol take your time mate. this thread will still be open when you get back  ;)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 22. Mai 2015, 22:38 »
this thread will still be open when you get back  ;)

Really, Modding union forums are without countdowns. :D

Raptor6

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 23. Mai 2015, 07:07 »
Okay, I got some ideas for the the vampire.

1. Vampire
. Bloodlust: Level 1, it's a passive ability when she engages in battle, she gains a lust for blood. It grants her 4% more speed and inflicts 2% more damage.
. Flight: Level 3, she can transform into a bat and fly; and she can attack from above fellbeast style.
. Summon Bats: Level 6, she can summons a swarm of bats to act as her shield, weakening enemy units.
. Kiss: Level 9, She can bite enemy troops and make them into vampires much like how they turn into wights when stabbed by ringwraiths.

Her weapons are a pair of curved blades.

I'll post more ideas later.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #7 am: 23. Mai 2015, 20:21 »
I don't know, it doesn't convince me, not for your ideas themselves about her abilities, but for the lore accuracy of the whole concept.

The Vampires, that Tolkien refers to in his texts, are mysterious and evil bat-like creatures that have probably the ability of shape shifting in both 'humans' and giant bats, and that were at the service of Gorthaur/Sauron, who could by the way turn in a vampire as well.
The problem is that the Vampires were only present in the World in Beleriand, during the First Age, legendary times for the people of the Third Age, in which immensely terrible powers used to clash both for the Good and the Evil; it is likely that after the War of Wrath all these creatures (Vampires, Werewolves,...) were totally slain by the Host of the Valar, and thus became elements of the legends of Men of the Third Age, as it often happens with characters or events concerning the Past of Middle Earth).

Furthermore, the particular power of shape shifting is deeply related to the Valar and the Maiar, a power that Gorthaur/Sauron already has in the game.

I personally would prefer more a sorceress concept, or something more related to the universe of Men in the Third Age  :)

Raptor6

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 24. Mai 2015, 21:47 »
Ok, how's this...

Sorceress

. Blood Magic: Leven 1, when she casts the spell, her basic attack gains more 4% more damage, causes bleeding effect on heroes.
. Mount: Level 3, she can toggle between foot and steed.
. Dead Mist: Level 6, She can summons a mist that weakens enemies and strengthens allies
. Summon Weights: Level 9, she can summon a hoard of burrow weights which lasts for a minute.

I apologize if these powers don't sound cool or uniq for her. If so, then I am more than happy to hear other peoples ideas for powers/abilities.

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #9 am: 25. Mai 2015, 02:21 »
hmm, interesting idea.

Just a few thoughts, what would her specialty be? I always thought of Angmar as an icy, northern side, and her abilities feel very support-class: like she strengthens and empowers the other Angmar units, but can't hold her own in a one-on-one with some of the opposition's more powerful, heavy-hitting heroes. The barrow-wight spell seems alright, but i feel like she lacks a very powerful, offensive spell.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Raptor6

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #10 am: 25. Mai 2015, 04:39 »
How about a spell where she selects an area of enemy troops that kills them on the spot?  Like a storm of icy horses raining upon them, like the Riverhorse and Avalanche attack put together.

Raptor6

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #11 am: 27. Jun 2015, 06:01 »
Here is my first concept sketch for how the character could look. It's not one of my better drawings, but this is just a concept. I'm thinking a similar color scheme to Aganduar from War in The North but instread of Red and Black, it's Black and Blue.

('m honestly a much better drawer than this. I wasn't using a good material paper for complex sketching, but I should re-make it some time.)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #12 am: 27. Jun 2015, 12:14 »
Waw, that's actually a pretty good sketch :)

You're sure you don't work for a concepts studio or something?

Raptor6

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #13 am: 25. Jul 2015, 22:59 »
No I don't though I really wish I could.

So after looking at the results for the vote poll, it looks like you guys really want her to be a vampiress?

am I right.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #14 am: 25. Jul 2015, 23:08 »
No I don't though I really wish I could.

So after looking at the results for the vote poll, it looks like you guys really want her to be a vampiress?

am I right.

It seems to  :)
She would be a descendant of the terrible Vampires led by Sauron in the First Age.