27. Apr 2024, 13:00 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Arnor as a separate faction?  (Gelesen 9527 mal)

Carthean

• Hobbit
Arnor as a separate faction?
« am: 7. Jul 2015, 12:27 »
Greetings!

This is my first post here so I would like to start with saying how much I like this mod and appreciate all the work and effort that was put into it. It made the game a lot more enjoyable to play!

My question is the following:
Would it be possible for Arnor to become a separate faction? While I don’t know anything about how modding works, I was just wondering how difficult it would be to do this. I’ve seen someone else asking about a solution for a switch between Gondor/Arnor just like with the dwarves, but I understand that it would cause several difficulties, so that’s why I thought about this alternative. I also understand that Arnor is very similar to Gondor at this point, which may not make it very unique, however I absolutely love the concept and I would love to see a standalone faction of it. It may be too much to ask for more content such as units/buildings/tech/spells et cetera as the focus is on other factions now, however, I think even as it is now it would be great on its own. So, for simplicity’s sake, would it be (too) much trouble to make Arnor into an independent faction in its current state?

Main reasons for this change:
-   It would offer more freedom and add more variety to the game.  Players could choose depending on their preference instead of having to play as the map dictates. Personally, I always prefer Arnor over Gondor but it’s the same thing for people who prefer Gondor. They can’t play what they like given the limitation of choice and that may even lead to the avoidance of using some maps.
-   While lore-wise it may be logical to switch Gondor with Arnor on certain maps, it also takes away a lot of fun possibilities like Gondor vs Arnor or the opportunity to have Gondor and Arnor team up against a third force.
-   In this case, more is better than less. It would make some people more happy while others preferring the original idea could still play as before.

For the record, I’m very grateful that we can play as Arnor at all considering I never thought there would be such a bonus addition. This change would make me really glad though.

Thanks for hearing me out!  :)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Arnor as a separate faction?
« Antwort #1 am: 7. Jul 2015, 12:41 »
Zitat
-   In this case, more is better than less. It would make some people more happy while others preferring the original idea could still play as before.

Nope, that's not correct.
We can't add endless new factions, as there is a technical boarder. Therefore Arnor as a faction means less space for other factions.
We want to add more factions in the future, which is the reason for Arnor to be only a map-feature. By adding Arnor this way into the game, we don't use the free space, as it is technically still just Gondor and therefore gives us the possibility to add more factions into the game. :)

Carthean

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 7. Jul 2015, 13:01 »
Zitat
We want to add more factions in the future, which is the reason for Arnor to be only a map-feature.

I didn't know that. I'm sorry to hear that it can't be done, but I understand. I guess you can't make everyone happy. :) Thanks for the reply!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #3 am: 15. Sep 2015, 19:57 »
but what if i want to play with arnor on other maps

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #4 am: 15. Sep 2015, 21:30 »
Thent his changes nothing. You have to edit those maps on your own.

I never said that there are no reasons for Arnor on every faction, but we have our own reasons and therefore won't add Arnor as full faction. As said before: We did not want to add Arnor at all, but as the community really wanted Arnor to be apart of the mod, we made this as a compromise. Of course in a compromise not everyone is completely happy.^^

Other people will want to have evil men on every map, others want to have every dwarven faction as an own faction, again other guys would want to have Dol Guldur as own faction.
You see the problem?
There are too many factions (too many factions for the engine and too many for us to work on) which could be added, therefore we have to make some cuts at some points.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #5 am: 15. Sep 2015, 21:44 »
then if you make it  like a game mode kinda like the legendary heroes
then it should work no need for an extra faction just change the mod and in place of gondor you will play with arnor if its possible ofc

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #6 am: 15. Sep 2015, 21:47 »
No, it woudn't. That are two completly different systems.

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #7 am: 19. Sep 2015, 17:39 »
Could You make Gondor same as Dwarves, pick at start subfaction You will.
Is that possible? Gondor and Arnor have so many difference between.
You can't calculate when you play PvP.
Edain did good when put fortres Minas Morgul and Dol Guldur in. 3 faction in one, and fits gamestyle perfect, but Gondor can't calculate like Mordor.
Sorry if someone already post this suggestion, I can't follow each coment on forum :)

btw great work.
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #8 am: 19. Sep 2015, 18:02 »
No, such a system is technically not possible for Arnor/Gondor.

Aule the creator

« Antwort #9 am: 30. Okt 2015, 17:11 »
why because of the timeline ?? that sucks i want to see strider fight with his ancestors gondor and arnor would really look amazing fighting side by side and i think that would be  perfect if u can choose what faction you wanna use like the dwarves you guys should really look into that  (**)

Maraelion

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #10 am: 30. Okt 2015, 17:33 »
No this is not possible, because Arnor has another spellbook than Gondor.

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #11 am: 1. Nov 2015, 20:45 »
I just repeat one word:
Zitat
technically
Technically means that, no matter what we want, it's just not possible because of the engine. There are things we can't change as they are 'hardcoded'.^^

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
  • Es gibt nichts Praktischeres als eine gute Theorie
« Antwort #12 am: 1. Nov 2015, 21:50 »
Maybe someone could just make a little Submod, changing Gondor on every map to Arnor? Then everyone would be happy! :)

"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmenden Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der bestirnte Himmel über mir, und das moralische Gesetz in mir."
                   -Immanuel Kant-

Dank an CMG für das Banner und den Avatar!

Aule the creator

« Antwort #13 am: 2. Nov 2015, 04:34 »
if you cant make them like the dwarves where it gives u options on what faction to use just make arnor it own faction

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
« Antwort #14 am: 2. Nov 2015, 04:41 »
if you cant make them like the dwarves where it gives u options on what faction to use just make arnor it own faction
This isn't possible, because then they have for example the same spells and walls.