27. Apr 2024, 15:01 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ability of Merry&Pippin&Strider  (Gelesen 4413 mal)

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Ability of Merry&Pippin&Strider
« am: 7. Jul 2015, 15:58 »
OK, here I am again, posting my suggestions for Gondor which no one really cares :D

About Merry and Pippin, these two are scout heroes for early game and kind of get a battle role for late game after they get their armor upgraded. For now their final ability is basically identical, I think we could change it a little bit:

(1) For Merry, his final ability is aimed at hero or other single unit, which is appropriate for him since he proved to be a capable warrior on Pelennor and did backstab Witchking

(2) Pippin's final ability could be a little different, it could be aimed at a location nearby a friendly hero, Pippin will jump there, knock over all enemy units near that hero and only deal moderate(maybe slight) damages, however the hero will recover and move 15% faster for 5 seconds after Pippin jump nearby. This ability is designed to be a support ability to save heroes who are badly injured on battlefield and ensure their survival. After all Pippin does save Faramir in the book and support Gandalf in the movie(battle of Minas Tirith).

Also I have been thinking about the disguise ability of strider, Merry and Pippin, for Merry and Pippin, the Lorien cloak is a ability for scouting, they just remain still in the wild to provide vision. For strider, I think this ability should be a little different. He is a experienced ranger and could hide himself if he wants to. And he doesn't use the  Lorien cloak so this ability shouldn't hide him forever. Moreover, as a hero killer, this ability should be somehow related to the battle instead of scouting. My suggestion is,

(3) Strider's disguise ability: Once activated, for 5 second strider remain invisible, after that for 10 seconds strider remain unseen as long as he remains still. Once he end his disguise, all enemy units near him(small area) lose 15% defense for 5 second. This enables strider to ambush enemy heroes and enhanced his hero killer aspect.

(4) Strider's knife throwing, I think this ability could also be modified a little: it could only deal very limited damage if its target has green health bar, the lower health the target has, the higher damage it could deal, by this way we could make this ability a good "final strike" aiming at enemy heroes who attempt to flee in the battlefield

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
Re: Ability of Merry&Pippin&Strider
« Antwort #1 am: 7. Aug 2015, 10:51 »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

I just came here to say that I agree, these changes would be nice.

Sup :P

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #2 am: 7. Aug 2015, 11:32 »
Good ideas. You're right about Strider stealth: the current ability doesn't serve him and your proposal fixes that issue.

"That still only counts as one!"

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #3 am: 7. Aug 2015, 17:39 »
I do like your ideas for Merry and Pippins final abilities, but Aragorn is already arguably the best hero killer in the game. He can shred any other hero early on due to him starting with Blademaster, making his cloak make enemies even weaker would make him OP I think.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #4 am: 8. Aug 2015, 01:36 »
i think aragorn is the best hero killer in the game for now and for pippin and merry i think they are scouts so they do not need suporting skills

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 20. Okt 2015, 23:33 »
My opinions on your suggestions:

1 and 2 - I like the idea of adding scout heroes their secondary role. Way more interesting than current concept.

3 - Interesting, but wouldn't it be more logical if enemy HEROES would loose armour instead of units?

4 - I think it might be a bit OP.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #6 am: 21. Okt 2015, 06:56 »
^agreed
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Aule the creator

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #7 am: 26. Dez 2015, 07:07 »
you guys should give pippin a gondor helmet and give merry a rohan helmet for the new update  (**) they will look bad ass

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #8 am: 26. Dez 2015, 13:37 »
you guys should give pippin a gondor helmet and give merry a rohan helmet for the new update  (**) they will look bad ass

Err... ya trollin'? If different, they already have them, you got to purchase an upgrade they've got in their palantir.