27. Apr 2024, 22:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Balin as Lord Of Moria  (Gelesen 10306 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Balin as Lord Of Moria
« am: 13. Jul 2015, 10:56 »
I remember in one of the Old Versions of the Mod Balin had a really cool look as Lord of Moria and now with his great skin from the Movie I was just wondering would it be better if whne he becomes Lord Of Moria to get more Royal and Noble look like before may be ven similar to it http://modding-union.com/updates/edain2/uload/balin_1270945478.jpg
I think it will look really nice! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Re: Balin as Lord Of Moria
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Jul 2015, 11:07 »
No, because Balin wasn't the Lord of Moria in the timeline of the Hobbit.
Ered-Luin-> Hobbit. Erebor-> War of the Ring.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #2 am: 13. Jul 2015, 11:17 »
Oh so the time between the both is not in the time line of the Mod! :) I see,oj I am sorry then! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 19. Jul 2015, 16:54 »
Balin wasn't the Lord of Moria in the timeline of the Hobbit
Although in the description Balin has "Lord of Moria" ...  8-|

Maybe minor bug.

And even on level 6 is reference about Moria/Khazad-dum:

So it deserves some better descriptions, otherwise is timeline problem.

But back to general discussion about him, I have sometimes funny moments with his teleport ability. It seems that he is very skilfull sorcerer, and finally I know what "Balin, at your service means" - because it should be "Balin, teleport at your service"  :P ...

Seriously - are we able to find something better for him? I am not supporter of passive abilities in general, but maybe some passive bonus fits there, because although his role is supportive and in addition has palantir for runes, so all of his abilities are only active.

In the description for teleport ability is something about expedition - why? Expedition has completely new, important  and real concept. It seems that his skill is only remnant of previous version.
I think that teleport skill finds better place in Wizard cah submod. In addition Alatar has teleport as well.

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 19. Jul 2015, 17:23 »
I agree, Balin is not a wizard. Teleport is not fit for him. [ugly]

Maybe Balin can have this ability on level 3:
Balin's Chariot: Mount/Dismount on chariot. Balin will drive his chariot. 

Also, maybe Ori, Dori and Nori ability can work differently on his chariot. They can be crew for Balin's Chariot.

Balin will probably drive the Dwarven Chariot in EE:

So, all dwarven subfactions will have something for faster transport:
Ered Luin: Balin's Chariot
Erebor: Dain's battlewagons
Iron Hills: Dain's boar

What do you think about this idea?
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Jul 2015, 17:27 von Tienety »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #5 am: 19. Jul 2015, 18:16 »
When I suggest that Balin should get new look as he mecomes Lord Of Moria the team said it will not fit there timeline The Hobbit and LOTR which is kinda weird since the time line is that but it doesnt cover the time betwen them!? :)  And I thought that Balins "Expedition"Ability is a representation to his Excpedition to Moria,and then I thought why he has that kind of Spell which reallymakes him like Wizard(which he most certainly is not) but also it kinda do not fit the time line either,since if he can't be Lord Of Moria then he sjhouldn't have that ability sicne the espedition didn't happen! ? :)
About your idea of ability!Hmm I can bet my moth sellery that those War Chariot is from Iron Hills and with them the Dwarves pulled the Iron Ballistas to Erebor!I ahve facts and reason to prove it but I hope EE will show it too!And if that is the case I do not see them fiting as Balin Ability! And would like to see thos War Chariots more as Iron Hills instead of Battlewagons! :)

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #6 am: 19. Jul 2015, 22:51 »
Pls dont remove  teleport of Balin, thats awesome abilitie, and is as usefull as other many abilities, so why remove it? I think Balin is a good hero supporter and also have his teleport. I mean this is his abilitie, you buy balin not only for runes, you buy him for his awesome abilitie. I love it because it brings you a enormous advantage to get enemie archer, outnumber them, help an allie quicly, i mean this abilitie was and is a core on my tactic with ered Luin, and is very funny, and give the slow and armored dwarves of ered Luin the chance to move quicly and make something no hoped.

-"I want my expedition"-Balin Lord of Moria.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 19. Jul 2015, 23:21 »
teleport of Balin, thats awesome abilitie
Well, definitely is! And it seems that he doesn't use common transport rings but that Balin uses better technology (at a higher stage of development) - it looks like Asgard transport system. :o :P

so why remove it?
Not remove it but replace it by something more suitable. For instance some battle wagon as Tienety suggested or something else.

I think Balin is a good hero supporter and also have his teleport.
Yes, ... also has his teleport, ... teleport ...  :o ... try to write it too - teleport.  xD
Balin as a dwarf has "teleport" ... :P
I have nothing against it, because as I said: "Balin, teleport at your service" ...

I love it because it brings you a enormous advantage to get enemie archer, outnumber them, help an allie quicly, i mean this abilitie was and is a core on my tactic with ered Luin, and is very funny, and give the slow and armored dwarves of ered Luin the chance to move quicly and make something no hoped.
I forgot to mention it - although Balin is only "medium hero" and you can get his teleport ability very early, it seems that such ability is extremely useful - maybe even OP. When we checked him we tried to some things with him as well, but you described him perfectly and more in detail. ;)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 19. Jul 2015, 23:39 »
I am wonder how to implement 4 dwarves in/on chariot? Is it possibe without new chariot model?

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #9 am: 20. Jul 2015, 06:48 »
The problem is that "Teleportation" is like a Magical Spell or Space-Time Manipulation :D bth of which do not fir very much with the Dwarves as a concept!I like Balin and thats why I suggesten even cooler Lord design for him!But consider too what I said about the timeline! :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #10 am: 20. Jul 2015, 09:35 »
balin was the lord of moria for sometime why not put him in erebor with his lord appearance

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: 20. Jul 2015, 09:48 »
balin was the lord of moria for sometime why not put him in erebor with his lord appearance
Balin can't be in Erebor because there is one problem:

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 20. Jul 2015, 10:30 »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #13 am: 20. Jul 2015, 11:34 »
Sad or not that is the truth! :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #14 am: 20. Jul 2015, 14:32 »
i can see the problem