28. Apr 2024, 04:10 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Elrond - Lord of Imladris  (Gelesen 110586 mal)

Fellowship

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "I Aear cân ven na mar - The Sea calls us home"
Re: Elrond - Lord of Imladris
« Antwort #270 am: 26. Jan 2019, 17:42 »
You did a great job guys, as always. At the beginning, I was also not sure about removing Restoration, but now that Elrond's ultimate spell is finalized, I believe that its replacement is even more satisfying and much more fun to use. You have my full support on this proposal. I really hope we're gonna see these ideas implemented in the game eventually.

Suggestion about the ethereal sound you mentioned: How about the beautiful sound of the Tears of Nienna DieWalküre has uploaded on soundcloud? Do you think that it's proper for the Ring of Air?

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #271 am: 26. Jan 2019, 18:12 »
Thank you all for the very kind words! I'm glad that our proposal interests you so much ;)

Regarding the past restoration feature, I'll reply with two major points:

1. Arwen is appointed as the rightful hero-supporter of the faction. Not to mention that replenishment, conceptually, now belongs to the Lady. In fact, it was her who revitalised the reborn Gandalf and clothed him in white. Also, as a sorceress, her knowledge clearly surpasses that of Rivendell's lord (she herself is a hero-supporter, primarily).

2. Even though it sounds quite balance-breaking, I think that Elrond's price rise will compensate and balance his new design. Second, do you remember what I've written about the Last Alliance spell? Julio will confirm. The spell is now a sensational juggernaut of extraordinary heroes; in particular, the High King of the Noldor harnesses the fury of Aeglos, his dreadful lance. Well, add restoration to the equation and, currently, you may restore the three kings' abilities with a mere click :P

Suggestion about the ethereal sound you mentioned: How about the beautiful sound of the Tears of Nienna DieWalküre has uploaded on soundcloud? Do you think that it's proper for the Ring of Air?

Thanks for the precious support. It means a lot. Furthermore, there's someone who recalls my sound suggestions. I'm flattered ;)
That track will undoubtedly fit, I'm certain. However, there's a problem: it's already taken. The sound will be used for Nenya. After all, Galadriel remembers the Day before days in Valinórë; Elrond and Círdan don't, as they were born amidst the strife and toil of Middle-earth. Hearing the Bells of Valimar will reference that accordingly :)

If you don't have anything against it, I will start gathering 'for/against' comments.

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #272 am: 26. Jan 2019, 18:52 »
I prefered Elrond's advise ability in 3.8.1 but it changed as mount. I could not imagine him without restoration skill but the rework you have done to him is for some purpose. His aspect is changing, he has another view and characterization in the mod. When considering Arwen takes his role, this kind of work only deserves the support. Also if she won't be hero/unit support, what will be her role? Besides she has 'tolo dan nan galad' quote as the same effect for buying the spell.

Fellowship

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "I Aear cân ven na mar - The Sea calls us home"
« Antwort #273 am: 26. Jan 2019, 19:11 »
@Walküre About Restoration, I'm sure that you, as beta testers, know very well when something threatens the balance. I trust you for this change.

Sounds so otherworldly like this one are impossible to forget. ;)
I wasn't aware that this sound is going to be implemented through Nenya. It totally fits Galadriel much better, as she herself has learned a lot from the Valar while she lived in Valinor. It will be amazing to hear this beautiful melody in the game when using the Ring of Water.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #274 am: 26. Jan 2019, 20:25 »
When considering Arwen takes his role, this kind of work only deserves the support. Also if she won't be hero/unit support, what will be her role?

She already has his role (and will have in the upcoming version). Look:

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #275 am: 26. Jan 2019, 21:17 »
@Tiberius Ogden I know her skill and the spell, it is just grammer. As a result I am for it.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #276 am: 26. Jan 2019, 21:32 »
@Tiberius Ogden I know her skill and the spell, it is just grammer. As a result I am for it.

Oh, it was rhetorical question. I see now.  xD

tolgayurdal

• Gast
« Antwort #277 am: 27. Jan 2019, 08:23 »
Oh, it was rhetorical question. I see now.  xD

Exactly.  I should have mentioned.

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #278 am: 27. Jan 2019, 22:30 »
Hello, dear friends of old. I see you've been busy of late ^^

I truly agree with this new concept, but i find something that troubles me deeply:

Imladris is a truly late game faction, strong as anyone; for me is the only one that  can face a full upgraded isengard army and best it.

The question of giving the camp or fortress invincibility is really needed at late game?

Despite the previous ideas I dare to suggest to switch vilya to lvl 10 to lvl 1; why?

[...] Yet after the fall of Sauron their power was ever at work, and where they abode there mirth also dwelt and all things were unstained by the griefs of time. [...]

So, by the very beginning of Elrond's summon, the effects of the mightiest of the three should be shown. But as rage of loud water spell it should be improved each lvl (3,5,7,10).

Rage of loud water to lvl 7 (already in full strenght)

&  Wuthering Gale  to lvl 10

I hope we can reach that legendary Elrond we all want!

Greetings ^^
"Viva México"

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #279 am: 27. Jan 2019, 23:39 »
Hola companero Mexicano!  xD

I truly agree with this new concept, but i find something that troubles me deeply:

Imladris is a truly late game faction, strong as anyone; for me is the only one that  can face a full upgraded isengard army and best it.

The question of giving the camp or fortress invincibility is really needed at late game?

That's the point. If you're winning you probably won't need that Elrond's ability, however, when things go wrong you can always return to recover to hidden sanctuary where Vilya protects you. It can work in different way - imagine that you lead the troops into enemy base but your opponent suddenly strikes from nowhere and gets into your base - at that moment you make Vilya active and enemy forces will have to wait until the effect is over, meantime you can return and drive them out of your base.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #280 am: 28. Jan 2019, 16:19 »
I have to admit that his AmosVogel's point does make some sense. It could lead to snowballing issues where the losing player has an even harder chance of making a comeback.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #281 am: 28. Jan 2019, 19:19 »
The next patch will make it more feasible to contrast snowballing and so plan a proper comeback, regardless of one's own heroic ability. Furthermore, in our precise context, I think we've envisioned everything fairly enough, preventing the effect from being that disproportionate. An incredibly useful instrument, certainly, though requiring some judgement and wisdom to be used. Once distant from the safe borders of your blessed base, Vilya's influence will not affect your units and heroes, thus allowing the enemy player to confront his opponent in the open field, with equal chances.

As noted in my aforementioned consideration, the actual state of things (as of now) is actually far grimmer for your adversary. Elrond can refresh all abilities of Last Alliance heroes, of whom Gil-galad causes utter devastation for both buildings and troops (and he may do that twice, thanks to his lieutenant's intervention). The Last Alliance spell itself is to serve a preponderant siege-based purpose.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #282 am: 28. Jan 2019, 22:18 »
I like how you two manage to change Elrond. I admit I was not so much sure at the beginning. But I like the final concept, I can see now the whole deeper meaning of it. Elrond still has his wind armor and the rest of his mass slayer characterstic, but now it's Vilya that has a well deserved prominent role and shitable power. Still, I have A bit a doubt about simple and straight invincibility effect. It would be very simple to implement and very powerful at the same time and also an effect confined in your base. But that effect I better see on dwarves (as you wrote,my friend Walküre  some comment ago when you were still at the developing phase), and it wouldn't be so unique. What about act, not only in terms of lore theme, but as an actual implementation, on time? The magic of the Ring of Air works actually against time (the decay due to the passing of time). I've not a complete clear idea in mind, but for example:

Vilya's Blessing : the power of Vilya protects the people of Rivendell against decay and evil. As long as the effect endures, inside your base:
Buildings are repaired twice as fast, heroes skills get -30% cooldown time (maybe in this way we will still have a taste of the old restoration ability, which some member of the community are fond), units are recruited faster.

These are only three example. What I mean is that under the effect of Vilya time has less effect on Things. What do you think?

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #283 am: 28. Jan 2019, 22:40 »
I was waiting for your coming, kindly and honourable friend :)

First of all, thanks for the support. What I can assure you, and it's much apparent from the ensuing discussion, is that we strived and struggled a lot to come up with a worthy rendition. It's true that I was initially against invincibility, but that eventually became the most appealing option (due to technical limitations). Embalming your castle with invulnerability also towers over Nenya, in terms of hierarchy and sheer power. This we wanted to underline very much. It's nothing more than the lore of the Three. Vilya occupies the prime spot in the 'ranking' of the Ring of Powers, set aside the One Ring.

Your idea, as I got it, sort of implies that the ability should either be passive or be characterised by a long duration. Well, we have already ruled out passive features, though lore-accurate. If, instead, you're thinking about a long duration, it's the very display of your proposal that I don't regard as proper:
Healing or repairing must necessarily be jettisoned away. Not only would such powers mirror the own magic of the Ring of Water, but both themes are already present in the faction, in the most pervasive way possible (spells, wall extensions and Arwen). Círdan comes in handy when mending structure damages or raising the armour of all buildings. Lastly, Galadriel will have a new ability, Radiant Aid, which is going to restore (fully restore) the target hero; we wish to keep this magnificent aspect of hers unique, as it relates to her heavenly apparition in ROTK and to her sheltering the reborn Gandalf.

Tiberius Ogden

• Gast
« Antwort #284 am: 29. Jan 2019, 00:59 »
We're still in the circles.  xD
It's quite simple.
Elrond has four abilities (if we don't consider a horse as an ability).
Three abilities represent mass slayer role, because he is mass slayer in Imladris faction (restoration is gone because it represented hero support role which has Arwen).
Fourth and ultimate ability (Vilya) represents his faction role - protector of the last homely house and bearer of the mightiest elven ring where we clearly wanted beat Nenya - if Nenya is ultimate healer in Lothlorien, then Vilya must be ultimate protector in Imladris. There is nothing stronger than invincibility (in this case used solely for defense not like Dwarves for ofensive purposes) but we tried to balance it as much as possible. :)