27. Apr 2024, 13:40 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New Ultimate Spell fo Dwarves!?  (Gelesen 17489 mal)

Tienety

• Gast
Re: New Ultimate Spell fo Dwarves!?
« Antwort #15 am: 26. Jul 2015, 20:16 »
The Citadel is one of the most unique spells in the game, I actually wish we had more spells this unique instead of the usual army summons. We can certainly make it stronger if it's too weak, but I don't think we'll remove it.

If I know, Gorthaur/Ring Sauron has a very similar spell. :D

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: 26. Jul 2015, 20:21 »
If I know, Gorthaur/Ring Sauron has a very similar spell. :D
Yes, but Dwarven fortress is ultimate spell for the spellbook and Sauron has it as a final skill. Either way it's still unique for both cases, but yes, if someone else will have fortress summoning as well, it won't be unique then.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #17 am: 26. Jul 2015, 21:05 »
The problem is not.only in the uniqueness but also I do not think it fits so good and the current system ,I mean small.tower's are one but this building is quite big and It is really hard to find a place for it most of the time! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: 26. Jul 2015, 21:13 »
The problem is not.only in the uniqueness but also I do not think it fits so good and the current system ,I mean small.tower's are one but this building is quite big and It is really hard to find a place for it most of the time! :-)
Yes, this is big problem with Citadel spell. It is very difficult to summon Citadel somewhere on the map(especially on maps as Osgiliath), because this building is too big.  [ugly]
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jul 2015, 21:16 von Tienety »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #19 am: 26. Jul 2015, 21:25 »
Exactly and I think thats really big problem and disadvantage some times cuz it practically makes it useless!
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Dardrad_of_Ered_Luin

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #20 am: 26. Jul 2015, 23:16 »
I agree with the point that mentioned LordDainIronfoot
All good dwarf never flee from a fight

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #21 am: 27. Jul 2015, 01:31 »
I  agree with LordDainIronfoot

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #22 am: 27. Jul 2015, 04:33 »
I am glad you agree with me guys! :-)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #23 am: 27. Jul 2015, 12:05 »
Whatever you say mate about the dwarfs its usually very good and lore lore friendly

and not only the dwarfs mate you usually have good suggestions and i wanna ask you if you have a good suggestion about gandalf  http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31433.0.html check it

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: 27. Jul 2015, 14:29 »
Well this suggestion is really tempting. Like most of yours which are concern Dwarfs.
I would like to test this spell in this beta version of game. :)
Often I also got mad, when trying to place Citadel on some maps. (Really frustrating)
But I also found this spell very crucial (personally in my gameplays) for Dwarven faction.
I am also for upgrading Citadel somehow, make it stronger at least. (it is not too weak right now, but it isn't strong.)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #25 am: 27. Jul 2015, 15:30 »
I still prefer a Army Summon!The Citadel is not so useful and hard to place!I also use it as a line of deffense but still I prefer a strong Army with cool Heroes!Not to mention it looks kind of  wierd like a spell for a Building coming out from nowhere! Something unique is not always better in my opinion! :)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #26 am: 27. Jul 2015, 15:43 »
But army summons are also not always better.
Dwarves are known for their strong buildings and for having some of the best architects.
A troup summon doesn't really show something special about the dwarves, it just gives you some units, that's all.
While Isengard is known for building a huge army within a small time (therefore they can summon a big army), the dwarves don't have the possibility to create such a huge army within seconds and are more known for mining, building some fortresses and stay there.
This is perfectly shown with the last spell.

Why remove something which shows one of the most important aspects of a faction and remove it with a generic spell which just shows one event where the faction participated in?

This spell will most likely be used very often offensive and I personally don't think that it fits for the dwarven to have so many strong offensive possibilities, while they were in truth far more defensive in the third age.

Dardrad_of_Ered_Luin

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #27 am: 27. Jul 2015, 16:08 »
Then if the dwarves buildings are so hard because it is so easy to destroy the citadel which is also all a problem size. :(

So I would not complain if the change and make it a bit harder and if the size was not a problem but it is noteworthy that a spell to convene an army like the one mentioned, it is tempting. :)
All good dwarf never flee from a fight

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #28 am: 27. Jul 2015, 17:11 »
Is it possible to reduce the footprint that the citadel requires? I like the spell, but I too find it very difficult to place, can it be changed to be kinda destructive as it forms, allowing you to summon it under enemy unit's?

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #29 am: 27. Jul 2015, 17:13 »
But army summons are also not always better.
Dwarves are known for their strong buildings and for having some of the best architects.
A troup summon doesn't really show something special about the dwarves, it just gives you some units, that's all.
While Isengard is known for building a huge army within a small time (therefore they can summon a big army), the dwarves don't have the possibility to create such a huge army within seconds and are more known for mining, building some fortresses and stay there.
This is perfectly shown with the last spell.

Why remove something which shows one of the most important aspects of a faction and remove it with a generic spell which just shows one event where the faction participated in?

This spell will most likely be used very often offensive and I personally don't think that it fits for the dwarven to have so many strong offensive possibilities, while they were in truth far more defensive in the third age.
I see your point Gnomi( and thanks for replying to my threadit means a lot to me) ! But the Citadel is too big and troublesome to place sometimes!Also as I said I do not see it so fiting for the current building system!
Well it is nore mere event,it was a very important moment from the Dwarven history!not only that they won and reduced a lot the Numbers of Orcs in the montains,but alos a lot of mighty Noble DWarves died in it and the number of the Dwrves were significantly decreased after that great Battle!Not to mention is shows a rare moment of their history if not the first and last where Dwarves from all Middle _Earth and All 7 Kingdom United under the Banner of Thrain to fight for a common cause to honor and defent the memory ofth eheir of Oldest of Their Race,one who represents something like a High King of all Dwarves! :) I think the battle has a signifficant meaning and will represent one of the greartest Dwarven Hosts! :) And it will show the Might of the Dwarves! :)