27. Apr 2024, 12:46 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New Ultimate Spell fo Dwarves!?  (Gelesen 17488 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: New Ultimate Spell fo Dwarves!?
« Antwort #30 am: 27. Jul 2015, 17:14 »
Is it possible to reduce the footprint that the citadel requires? I like the spell, but I too find it very difficult to place, can it be changed to be kinda destructive as it forms, allowing you to summon it under enemy unit's?
I do not think it will feel good for Dwarves to be able to immidiatly summon a great building let alone under enemy units to do damage! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Dardrad_of_Ered_Luin

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #31 am: 27. Jul 2015, 18:13 »
I agree with LordDainIronfoot
All good dwarf never flee from a fight

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: 27. Jul 2015, 18:48 »
Yea, you have right, casting Earthquake is weird right now. I am not for earth shaker to be unit responsible for making global earthquake. Maybe is better to implement new  global building for Dwarven faction. Some kind of Earth Hammer, similar building exist in vanila campain. Building should be unique, and without that building dwarfs shouldn't be able to cast that ultimate power, so production cost for this building shouldn't be high. Also in Erebor faction requirement for Earth Shaker production is to have this building.
Some images that could be used for base of building appearance:

Look from vanila:

« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 20:14 von CragLord »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #33 am: 27. Jul 2015, 18:49 »
I qute like that suggestion and the Machine looks badass! ;)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #34 am: 27. Jul 2015, 19:04 »
casting Earthquake is weird right now
Completely agree. It fits for spellcasters etc., not for Dwarves.

Look from vanila:
I really like it. Much more suitable. :)

By the way Dain - why Erebor has "Earth shakers" and rest of Dwarven kingdoms has nothing? Is it conceptual? I think that no, but honestly, I think that I've never used that unit.  xD

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #35 am: 27. Jul 2015, 19:07 »
that earth shaker idea its awesome

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #36 am: 27. Jul 2015, 19:09 »
casting Earthquake is weird right now
Completely agree. It fits for spellcasters etc., not for Dwarves.

Look from vanila:
I really like it. Much more suitable. :)

By the way Dain - why Erebor has "Earth shakers" and rest of Dwarven kingdoms has nothing? Is it conceptual? I think that no, but honestly, I think that I've never used that unit.  xD
Well I used it only once and just to see how it looks and what it does! :D I do not mind it but other Factions need something unique and special too!It is not fair and not balanced if one has 1 Siege Unit more than the others! :)

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #37 am: 27. Jul 2015, 23:12 »
Is it possible to reduce the footprint that the citadel requires? I like the spell, but I too find it very difficult to place, can it be changed to be kinda destructive as it forms, allowing you to summon it under enemy unit's?
I do not think it will feel good for Dwarves to be able to immediately summon a great building let alone under enemy units to do damage! :)
I only proposed that so that it would be easier to place, currently you need to find a wide open area with no units on it, and it basically makes it only useful to defend your main camp with.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #38 am: 28. Jul 2015, 18:44 »
I just can't find it useful enough!And so Dwarvish!It is not like the Dwarves could make a Fortress everywhere in Middle Earth wher they wanted :D

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #39 am: 28. Jul 2015, 19:27 »
If it's not useful, then we can make it stronger. Yes, they can't make fortresses everywhere... buta lso such a big battle wasn't everywhere.
For me the building summon is a great tool to show the character of the dwarves and have a unique spell. I agree that it's a bit tricky to place, but I wouldn't delete this spell for a normal summon. I have written many reasons against it already. The only real reason against the building I've read here is "It's difficult to place and to weak".
The first one is a bit tricky to change, but I'm trying to change the maps so that there are always some palces for the fortress and for the second one... well, it would be easy to make it op. :P

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #40 am: 28. Jul 2015, 19:38 »
Well, "such big battle wasnt everywhere"can be sai for each Spell fo that kind! But that aside I guess once more I am unable to convince you or change your mind! :) I think the thread was fun and it should be closed now!But At least consider some suggestion about the Ëarthquake Spell :) Greeting and good luck to the Team! :)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #41 am: 28. Jul 2015, 19:46 »
Of course it can be said to every spell of that kind.:P
Just wanted to show you that your point "there wasn't everywhere such a big fortress" is not really different to that.^^ That's why I said it.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #42 am: 28. Jul 2015, 19:52 »
Well, I can say again that I am not for removing this spell from palantir. But there should be some changes. Yes, it is very annoying to find nice strategic place for Citadel, and if you could make it stronger but not op, connect it to tunnel network maybe again?
And I already reported this in Bug Section, but have freedom to say again.
I beg you to add rune effect to this Summoned Citadel like you done with Outpost/Camp/Castle Citadels. (It would be nice when Thorin casts all 4 runes to Summoned Citadel that all 4 runes be applied to Citadel's expansions (Catapults,Towers), other words to have that visual effect.)  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Aug 2015, 03:34 von CragLord »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #43 am: 28. Jul 2015, 20:00 »
Of course it can be said to every spell of that kind.:P
Just wanted to show you that your point "there wasn't everywhere such a big fortress" is not really different to that.^^ That's why I said it.
I see ! :) Well you can battle everywhere but you can't build a fortress everywhere :D :D Just a joke! :)
 I know when a proposal is turned down! :)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #44 am: 28. Jul 2015, 20:08 »
I know when a proposal is turned down! :)
But the second "better earthquake" proposal is on the road. ;)