27. Apr 2024, 13:37 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dwarven archer units  (Gelesen 2110 mal)

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
Dwarven archer units
« am: 28. Jul 2015, 00:29 »
I have a wee proposition, if you'd give me a moment of your time.
Starting off: Ered luin crossbows, and Iron hills bowmen should be able to toggle between axe/bow.
Do you honestly think a dwarf would go anywhere with nothing but a ranged weapon?      ;) .
It would also add something unique for the dwarves.
The axe-throwers wouldn't need a toggle, since they already tank and do slash damage.
Sup :P

Dardrad_of_Ered_Luin

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Dwarven archer units
« Antwort #1 am: 28. Jul 2015, 01:32 »
I like the idea that they can use melee weapons
All good dwarf never flee from a fight

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 28. Jul 2015, 02:19 »
I do not like this proposal.  Lore-wise it may make sense, but it doesn't make for good gameplay.  All ranged Dwarven units should not also get melee weapons.  That would make them very OP

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #3 am: 28. Jul 2015, 04:24 »
I do not like this proposal.  Lore-wise it may make sense, but it doesn't make for good gameplay.  All ranged Dwarven units should not also get melee weapons.  That would make them very OP

Then I got another proposition.
How about an active ability.
Basically, it would be this:
"The Dwarven archers decide their bows are not of good use right now, and for 30 seconds they gain + 20% armor and , draw-forth their axes"
Iron hills archers should draw out two axes for 30 seconds.
Ered luin crossbowmen should draw out one giant hammer for 30 seconds.
That is the idea, the cool-down should be around 1 minute and 30 seconds(Basically, 90000).

Like Legolas's knife fighter ability.
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Jul 2015, 09:04 von ™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™ »
Sup :P

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 28. Jul 2015, 13:32 »
Well, mate don't trying to offend you in anyway, but what you suggest here is pointless.
Like helloa2134 said, your idea have nice Lore aspects, but it is practically balance-faction destroying idea. Dwarven units would be really OP. Point is to have counter units in every factions. If any kind of swordsmen managed to get close to archers, that swordsmen battalion should be able to kill that archer battalion. (It is part of balance) What you suggest in both posts is possibility for that archers to defend themselves(or simply to make greater damage to attacking battalion. No matter you suggest time limited axes for use that time limitations isn't important anyway). Simply they shouldn't be able to defend themselves, that is part of balance. Simple and strict. They are ranged units with reason.
Really, further don't see the point in this discussion.
P.S. Legolas is hero, it is normal to add him that toggle weapon in game, and possibility to buff defence in favour of survival. There are also motivs form Lore aspects, movie moments.

Dardrad_of_Ered_Luin

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #5 am: 28. Jul 2015, 18:04 »
sorry to say but CragLord is right
All good dwarf never flee from a fight

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #6 am: 28. Jul 2015, 18:21 »
I may like the idea mate!But to be honest it just doesnt fit into the balance of the gameplay and will give Dwarves big advantage compared to other Factions Ranged Unit!And it will make them more complicate to use!Only few Elven Units can do that and because they were shown doing it!Dwarves have tough Infantry to compansate for the lack of defense in the ranged Units! :) So over all it is cool and lore wise but just not fiting that good in game! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."