27. Apr 2024, 11:47 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Lord Dain's level 10 summon (Iron hills Dain, why it is lord instead of king)  (Gelesen 4055 mal)

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
Something that is annoying about the summon is how you can't consistently get the units you want. Say, you were having trouble vs archers, and you needed Ered luin's Defensive soldiers, but  you got Erebor's less defensive soldiers instead; that can  make the summon too much of a gamble :o.

Why not make it so it switches to a different skill set, where you can choose between summoning  Erebor and Ered luin?
It would only be in that different skill set for 6-10 seconds, and it would take Dain 6-10 seconds to call an army from one
(That way you can't summon Erebor, and Ered luin for ultimate opness :P)

And can the units possibly come pre-equipped with their special upgrades?
Ered luin would come with war-masks on their guardians
And Erebor would get Siege hammers on their guardians 8-|.

Sup :P

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Being able to choose will make the Ability too OP but still I like it but it wont be good for the balance! :)
But I stll think that he should be able to summon a Max of 3-4 Battalions of Battle Rams permamently on  the Battle Field equiped with Forge Baldes and Heavy Armor! :)
P.S. Well he is considered as "Lord" rather than King simply cuz it is something like when the Elves had High King and Men had High King,what I mean that every head of one of the 7 Clans of the Dwarves is Lord in his own right and somewhat equal to all other Dwarf Lords,and as you see in bot LOTR and The Hobbit Trilogies the Dwarf Leaders are reffered as 'Dwarf Lords" rather than "Dwarf King" cuz Lord is their primarly tittle while King is the direct discendent and heir of Durin the first and oldest of their Race which makes Thror,Thrain II , Thorin II and Dain II and all after them and before them smething like High King of all Dwarves! :) So I hope this answers your question! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Being able to choose will make the Ability too OP but still I like it but it wont be good for the balance! :)

Isn't King Dain of Erebor's abillity a bit too op in that same sense?
With all those different kingdoms, you can combine an army of dwarven slaughters(pickaxe to knock infantry around) with Ered luin defenders(No arrow damage, and perfect tanks) to create the perfect op army.

quote author=LordDainIronfoot link=topic=31522.msg404452#msg404452 date=1438754987]
But I stll think that he should be able to summon a Max of 3-4 Battalions of Battle Rams permamently on  the Battle Field equiped with Forge Baldes and Heavy Armor! :)

[/quote]

I wouldn't mind that idea, since in lore he probably didn't have the power to summon the dwarven realms as lord of iron hills.

quote author=LordDainIronfoot link=topic=31522.msg404452#msg404452 date=1438754987]
P.S. Well he is considered as "Lord" rather than King simply cuz it is something like when the Elves had High King and Men had High King,what I mean that every head of one of the 7 Clans of the Dwarves is Lord in his own right and somewhat equal to all other Dwarf Lords,and as you see in bot LOTR and The Hobbit Trilogies the Dwarf Leaders are reffered as 'Dwarf Lords" rather than "Dwarf King" cuz Lord is their primarly tittle while King is the direct discendent and heir of Durin the first and oldest of their Race which makes Thror,Thrain II , Thorin II and Dain II and all after them and before them smething like High King of all Dwarves! :) So I hope this answers your question! :)
[/quote]

While I appreciate the Dwarven history lesson, I don't recall asking a question  :D

Edit: Wait, if you mean (Iron hills Dain, why it is lord instead of king)
It would've been a question if it was:
(Iron hills Dain, why is it lord instead of king?)
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Aug 2015, 10:30 von ™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™ »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
King Dain ability to summon Allied Barracks is fine!Sinnce the Units should be bought with esourse not summoned for free and you have to do their upgrades with resourses too! :)
And is fit from him as King Under the Mountain/High King of the Dwarves to be able to call upon Armies from all Dwarven Kingdoms under his Banner! :)
I am glad you agree on the Ram Riders! :)
Well in Iron Hills he is Lord still,but in the Mod it is wirtten King and I suggest that the team shouldchange it! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
King Dain ability to summon Allied Barracks is fine!Sinnce the Units should be bought with esourse not summoned for free and you have to do their upgrades with resourses too! :)
And is fit from him as King Under the Mountain/High King of the Dwarves to be able to call upon Armies from all Dwarven Kingdoms under his Banner! :)
I am glad you agree on the Ram Riders! :)
Well in Iron Hills he is Lord still,but in the Mod it is wirtten King and I suggest that the team shouldchange it! :)

It isn't actually that big of a change, xD.
He already summons 4 units from Ered luin/ Erebor.
It would just be nice if you could choose what units you summoned  ;)

And, King Dain of Erebor's summon is better than the Iron hills one.
Why?
1: It is another barracks (Huge adavantage)
2:You get a-lot of unit diversity with this barracks, and you can choose whatever unit from whatever realm you want.
3: A funny thing is, this barracks has a habit of shooting arrows once you get it  8-|
So, it can act as a tower,a second/third barracks,and unlike Iron hills Dain's summon, you can consistently  hire dwarves from other kingdoms.
And if you got a level 10 Dain, you won't mind the extra resources.

Another thing, (Iron hills) Dain does not summon fully upgraded infantry, so you still have to pay for that.

The team should probably change his name to Lord Dain or Dain Ironfoot; Or should I say Dain ironHead  :D
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Aug 2015, 11:41 von ™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™ »

CragLord

• Gast

Well, I must explain you few things.
As LordDainIronfoot said earlier there is difference between dwarven lord and king.
I say there is BIG difference.
Lord as title exists from first age, there was seven realms and seven dwarven lords. They were all equal among themselves. Durin was most famous LORD. He was Lord of Longbeards clan, not King.
About title KING, maybe it was used for Durin as King of Khazad-dûm in first age because he has founded realm of  Khazad-dûm (can't be precise about that, I presume that I have read it somewhere) but this title became reqular with foundation of Erebor kingdom and specialy with discovery of Arkenstone.
Simply Thrór was King Under the Mountain and possesion of Arkenstone gave him right to call armies of all seven realms to his aid. Simply dwarven realms pledged loyalty to the Lord who possesed Arkenstone (Why? I don't know, but this made nice hierarchy amoung Dwarven Clans/Realms). This is principal analasys, plese don't go into details. So we could say there is one King (High Lord) of Dwarves in third age and others are still Lords in their realms. That title King is connected with Erebor like its seat of power, and Durin's descendants (clan Longbeards) are in possesion of that title (Simply this happened with Durins line, it was luck in discovery of that Stone). Later Dain inherit this title from Thorin II Oakenshield as closest alive member of Durin line, and dwarves simply don't change this type of hierarchy until end of their time. So Dain become King under Mountain.

So there is big difference (In ruling power) between Lord Dain II Ironfoot and King Dain under the Mountain. That justifies King Dain ability to summon barracks and call to arms any of seven (In my opinion there is no seven dwarven realms in third age, because Belegost and Nogrod have been destroyed at end of first age and survivors of that clans went to Khazad dûm, later from was exodus from Khazad dûm to Gray Mountains, then from Gray Mountains to Erebor. After arrival of Smaug they fleed from Erebor back to Blue Mountains (ruins of Belegost) and later they reclaim Erebor, for more informations simply read one of these: Lotr Wiki or Tolkien Gateway) dwarven realms (in game we have three possibility ofc). About Lord Dain II Ironfoot, he is at first place LORD of Iron Hills and there lies his jurisdiction, because of that I am HARDCORE follower of idea to replace that summon power at level 10 with Ram summoning or someother IronHills units, becasuse he don't have that ruling power to call others dwarven realms to his aid (simply he hadn't global ruling power at that point of time, maybe some clans will come to help him, but take some informations into consideration, like why he (Dain II Ironfoot) didn't help Thorin with his quest (they were kin, and he refuses to help, simply Thorin didn't have global ruling power) and there is also some ancient brawl between Longbeards and Ironfists (Clan from Red Mountains), so this is one more reason)
Those reasons simply justify possibility of making new summon power for Dain.
So current summon spell is more than enogh (It is agains Lore facts!!!) and you complain about units upgrade and units choise. C'Mon!   
There is no reason to reapeat facts I wrote above, simply this is too much for DainIronfoot already, and don't compare King Dain and Lord Dain Ironfoot and theirs abilities.
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 20:02 von CragLord »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
I agree with CragLord! :)
I just want to say that Durin I the Deathless was a king from the begining he never had a title Lord! :) Just eveyr other Dwarf Ruler were considered a Lord and while they were autonomus and kinda equal they all followed and honor and loyal conection with each Clans and as a respect for the First and Oldest of their Race Durin and his descendents were considered as Kings and as I said something like a High Kinf of the Dwarves and could call upon the other Dwarven Lords for help but will they help depends on them if they are loyal enought to their word and honor they will answer as it is seen when even the Orocarni Dwarfs answer the call of Thrain II,as for the Arkenstone it was found by Thrain I and just served as an ultimate symbol of the King and they and then the Lord officially pledged a vow to help and support the wielder but still he has to be of Durins line and Dain is a direct desdcendent like Thorin! :) So Lord Dain is quite equal to Thorin but since he didnt have the title King he could just form alliance with other Dwarven Clans based on the fact that he is heor of Durin but they can choose will they help!On that is based the propossal of me and Tienity about the Assembly Halls of Iron Hills! :)

CragLord

• Gast
More precise explanation about Kings line. I apologise for some errors, simply didn't check before writting of pervous comment (about Durin).  :)
P.S. Only problem among clans that is known in Lore is between Ironfists and Longbears about realm of Mount Gundaband, so Ironfists are only clan that have shown disrespect to the Durin's line of Dwarven Kings, simply greed of this clan was greater then their honour. ;)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
No problem it is not big deal it is just I am kind perfectionist! :D While they have a grudge against Longbeards cuz of their big greed (even without Ring of Power)  still they honored their Older Forefather and joined to avenge the dishonor done to the Heir of Durin and fought will the Longbeards! :)

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
The team should just make him summon the dwarves from the battle of five armies.

He would summon two battallions of elite dwarves.
What is funny is, they would be different.
One is infantry
The other is cavalry.

The infantry would have 1750 health, and be  a battalion size of 10.
Their damage would be very low, and they would move very slow.
They would have an ability called "to battle sons of Durin!".
The ability would work just like the normal iron hills guardians' ability (Charge)
They would charge the enemy, and for 30 seconds, they would have double damage, but -20% armor for that duration. They would be 90 command points.

The ram riders would be in a battalion of 5, and have 2000 health.
But, unlike the infantry, they would deal very high damage, and they would move very fast.
Their special ability could be giving a mount to a target hero.
If you use the ability on Murin or Thorin, they would mount onto a ram, and get a new skill set, which would be:

For Lord Dain!
You would select an enemy hero, and your hero would charge him. After charging the hero, your hero would:
Gain Double damage, but would lose 25% armor.

Only one hero can be under the effect of this ability at a time.

The second, and last would be: Dismount.
Simple, the hero would go back to normal.

The cavalry would also be 120 command points.
You can only have up to 3 of these units  at a time.
(Meaning if you have 3 of each of these units, you can not summon anymore, but if you had 2 of the infantry, and 3 of the cav, you could summon another bat of infantry)

The cool-down of this abillity should be long, considering this gives Iron hills heavy infantry.

CragLord

• Gast
My friend, that idea was proposed many times. :)
ET simply don't see it like good enough. LordDain and others tried many times similar ideas with different varieties (rams and other stuff), for now there is no success.  :( 
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 20:01 von CragLord »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Thanks you ywt again for defending my and Tienitys ideas!!It is sad but true! :-) We tried so many concepts and ideas ti no success about Movie Iron Hills Army it is simply that the Team doesnt like them! :( It was the same with Erebor Army from AuJ so many years ago I wasnt able to convince them and they used the Erebor Soldiers for the Veterans neglecting their awesome Old Models! :-)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
i think he should summon goat riders xD