27. Apr 2024, 07:57 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should each Dwarven Realm get and Extra Siege Unit based on its strentgh!?

Yes,it wil be nice to have another Siege Unit and boost the Earth Shaker a little bit!
No,they are fine as they are!
No,but he Shaker should be removed to balance the numbers!

Autor Thema: Earth Shaker is it fair!? :)  (Gelesen 18617 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Earth Shaker is it fair!? :)
« Antwort #30 am: 7. Aug 2015, 01:23 »
And what different I said from Walkure or Tienity!? I said that to be fair there should be new units fornother factions or just remove yhe earth shakers but ad I said I am more for adding new units than rather remove units! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #31 am: 7. Aug 2015, 10:45 »
And what different I said from Walkure or Tienity!? I said that to be fair there should be new units fornother factions or just remove yhe earth shakers but ad I said I am more for adding new units than rather remove units! :-)

Sup.
I have a wee proposition, if i'd have a moment of your time  xD

What if you just... GAVE UP ! ;) on giving more siege weapons to other dwarven realms?
Erebor is the siege faction(They should have more siege than others).
Ered luin gets their heroes(Two more than the other realms).
Iron hills gets their armor penetrating axes (And by the way, those + slaughterers tear through all Isengard infantry; even with shield uruks, and the steelworks upgrades [uglybunti])

To be honest, the only thing that should happen is the earth-hammer getting a buff.
Such as, it having more health, and doing some damage to units it hits; like a mini word of power :P.
Sup :P

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #32 am: 7. Aug 2015, 11:02 »
Why dot you try to think of balance and game play an extra unit is and extra unit in the same way we can give Iron Hills and extra Unit Infatry especially with damage against monster's and we will say that they're speciality so it is ok!?We can give Mithril Mail to Ered Luin Infantry and say Armor is their speciality!!
Armor Penetrating Axes is like War Masks and Siege Hammers each is for the specialty of Each Kingdom so try to use reasonble and valid points and read that a lot of other people agree with the Siege Hammers question! :-) So would you consider just sodding off! :D Have a nice day :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #33 am: 7. Aug 2015, 11:19 »
Why dot you try to think of balance and game play an extra unit is and extra unit in the same way we can give Iron Hills and extra Unit Infatry especially with damage against monster's and we will say that they're speciality so it is ok!?We can give Mithril Mail to Ered Luin Infantry and say Armor is their speciality!!
Armor Penetrating Axes is like War Masks and Siege Hammers each is for the specialty of Each Kingdom so try to use reasonble and valid points and read that a lot of other people agree with the Siege Hammers question! :-) So would you consider just sodding off! :D Have a nice day :-)

What if we, say did this scenario:
Isengard has two sub-factions, only one of these sub-factions has an extra unit.
This unit is unlocked exactly when the Uruk hai swordsmen are unlocked
And this unit has the exact same stats, only it has new skin.
Would that make this sub-faction of isengard better than others in any way, except fun?.

And, Erebor's extra unit doesn't really affect anything, because it is never used.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #34 am: 7. Aug 2015, 11:24 »

Please don't post that kind of comments in any topic, not even like joke. This is dissusion, people here polish ideas, that is point. If you see this pointless, why you then wrote comment in first place?

You can't compare factions in this way... That kind of balance is wrong in general (Ered Luin have strong heroes so they don't need any good kind of infantry? Or Iron Hills don't need strong heroes because they have strong infantry?). I don't see things in that way. (I know you wrote correct facts there, Ered Luin has OP heroes, but that doesn't mean they don't need new siege unit with unique properties)
They (Erebor dwarves) are siege faction, like all dwarven faction in general. Ok they are more than other faction (Gloin). At main comment which LordDain wrote idea is clear, other faction should get siege weapons with different purposes. Balista isn't siege (building destroy) weapon, it is antimonster weapon (very nice idea), about ered luin i must admit that I don't see point in ladders (I also don't have idea for this new siege weapon). So Erebor will stay top building destroyer as faction. Also I am not for idea of removing shakers, simply they need some kind of change (armour buff, attack change etc). They represent very nice idea in general.
And one very clear statement:
Earth Shakers are not useless for sure! Only if some of you people don't play with them that is other problem. They will become more popular with some change (Maybe greater armour, change of cd of attack, change of attack in general etc). I support idea about adding 2 more unique siege unit in general.

P.S. Also someone wrote that shakers are nothing (So other factions don't need new siege units, there is nothing to balance. Really? Have you tried to use 4 Shakers at same time on same area? Damage is great on buildings! I don't say this is easy to do, but they are not useless or "nothing". Simply, try to think in this way, two new units should also have unique way of using them. This is balance about numbers as Tiberius said).

« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 20:01 von CragLord »

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #35 am: 7. Aug 2015, 11:24 »

What if we, say did this scenario:
Isengard has two sub-factions, only one of these sub-factions has an extra unit.
This unit is unlocked exactly when the Uruk hai swordsmen are unlocked
And this unit has the exact same stats, only it has new skin.
Would that make this sub-faction of isengard better than others in any way, except fun?.

And, the factions are already specialized, Ered luin gets two more heroes than the others. I can't really say what Iron hills advantage is besides how great their infantry does vs other infantry, when compared the other two sub-factions.
But, while Ered luin gets two more heroes, Erebor has their Earth-shaker.

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #36 am: 7. Aug 2015, 11:26 »
Sup.
I have a wee proposition, if i'd have a moment of your time  xD

What if you just... GAVE UP ! ;)

Please don't post that kind of comments in any topic, not even like joke. This is dissusion, people here polish ideas, that is point. If you see this pointless, why you then wrote comment in first place?

Erebor is the siege faction(They should have more siege than others).
Ered luin gets their heroes(Two more than the other realms).
Iron hills gets their armor penetrating axes (And by the way, those + slaughterers tear through all Isengard infantry; even with shield uruks, and the steelworks upgrades [uglybunti])
You can't compare factions in this way... That kind of balance is wrong in general (Ered Luin have strong heroes so they don't need any good kind of infantry? Or Iron Hills don't need strong heroes because they have strong infantry?). I don't see things in that way. (I know you wrote correct facts there, Ered Luin has OP heroes, but that doesn't mean they don't need new siege unit with unique properties)
They (Erebor dwarves) are siege faction, like all dwarven faction in general. Ok they are more than other faction (Gloin). At main comment which LordDain wrote idea is clear, other faction should get siege weapons with different purposes. Balista isn't siege (building destroy) weapon, it is antimonster weapon (very nice idea), about ered luin i must admit that I don't see point in ladders (I also don't have idea for this new siege weapon). So Erebor will stay top building destroyer as faction. Also I am not for idea of removing shakers, simply they need some kind of change (armour buff, attack change etc). They represent very nice idea in general.
And one very clear statement:
Earth Shakers are not useless for sure! Only if some of you people don't play with them that is other problem. They will become more popular with some change (Maybe greater armour, change of cd of attack, change of attack in general etc). I support idea about adding 2 more unique siege unit in general.

P.S. Also someone wrote that shakers are nothing (So other factions don't need new siege units, there is nothing to balance. Really? Have you tried to use 4 Shakers at same time on same area? Damage is great on buildings! I don't say this is easy to do, but they are not useless or "nothing". Simply, try to think in this way, two new units should also have unique way of using them. This is balance about numbers as Tiberius said).

Dude, if you have 4 shakers, you could've gotten 4 catapults, or 4 demolishers.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #37 am: 7. Aug 2015, 11:30 »
CragLord is absolutely right!And you shouldn't call the Dwarven Kingdoms Sub-Factions because they are not that they are an absolutely separated and different fully functional Factions!A sub faction is Dale ,Lake Town ,Mirkwood and.etc and even there there is a balance of the units and their numbers :-) :-)
And I is some people doesnt like to use Shakers or cant use them doesnt mean that others cant to! :-) With some changes the Shakers can become more useful and easy to use which would like a lot but still yhe other two Kingdoms should get new ones for the sake of balance but they will also be limited like the Shakers! :-)
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Aug 2015, 11:34 von LordDainIronfoot »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #38 am: 7. Aug 2015, 11:34 »

It is about area damage, not single target damage. And here we don't polemicize
about catapult vs shaker or demolisher vs shaker. I just say shakers are not useless. And if you noticed only that from my previous post, then I don't have much more to say.

P.S. Please use spoiler button when you place comment like that, because of disscusion overview.  ;)  :)

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #39 am: 7. Aug 2015, 11:46 »
The point is that it is not an advantage over the other factions.
I am done, good night.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #40 am: 7. Aug 2015, 11:47 »
I am with you CragLord they see only fraction of what he wrote and only what they want to see!I think any further discussion with them is pointless :-) :-)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #41 am: 7. Aug 2015, 11:57 »
As I said above, other new units also shouldn't be some kind of advatange for other factions.  :) Simply you didn't try to undestand idea in general, you (and other similar comments) stuck with no advantage unit = no balance.

P.S. Sweet dreams.  xD

Thank you Dain, I know you are with me. I think it is versa, that I am here supporting your topic&idea!  :D  ;)

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #42 am: 7. Aug 2015, 14:09 »
So everything that you are trying to say is that you want new siege for the others factions..ok agree, but not support your idea saying that if erebor have earthshackers  now isnt balanced xD I mean this is ridicolous you have to see the gameplay, not the numbers to balance a game, becaause as far as i know, Mordor have more units than any other faction, so have more variety and versatility, is this a balance problem? No, so why earthshackers must be a problem in erebor? I mean, talk clear to the team: WE WANT new sieges to ered Luin and Iron HIlls, And not say that the earthshackers isnt fair for erebor because it is simply useless to your real objective: get new sieges for other  2 factions. Completely agree in everything except on delete earthshackers.
Give the team new concepts of gameplay to this new sieges and probably it will work, but saying that isnt fair to erebor have the earthshacker wont help your objective. I mean, we have played a lot of years with the earthshackers there isnt any real reason to delete them.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #43 am: 7. Aug 2015, 14:22 »
I never saud I want to delete thw Earth Shakers I just said that it is an opinion!I mych prefer to be done fe changes to them to make them more useful and cool than removing them! :-) Ans as Tiberius said an Extra Unit is extra unit the numbers says it all! :-) Plus the Team will never do or agree with anything if it is just "We want it do it !..." So we are providing reasonable numbers and facts to convince them that it will ba balanced,unique and reasonable to do it and will good for the game! :-)
P.S. Even so CragLord I am glad for the help amf support! :-)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #44 am: 7. Aug 2015, 14:32 »
Yes, we want new siege units! xD That is point of this topic. :) Erebor bonus unit isn't main reason, it is somehow inspiration for idea of adding new units, try to look in that way. I don't support idea about removing Earthshakers, I said that few times in comments above. And about balance, faction Erebor is unbalanced (because of Earth shakers) in number of avaliable units for production. I didn't say that earthshakers are OP like single Unit! They are not, currently, and this is not making any unbalance! (unbalance only exist in greater number of this unit,like I said above, if you successed to produce and somehow use few of them in same time with Gloin etc, they do rock and roll to buildings in area. You know this, you play with Erebor... Anyway, this is only effect you can get from this "extra" unit, and other faction can't. To be clear: Earthshakers are only reason for adding new unique siege, there is no reason for removing them.)  I am not for making them op or some hardcore buff, I am maybe for changing them somehow, again I am not supporting or like idea about removing them. They represent very nice concept.
Simply you are stuck with someone's idea about removing them. :)

P.S. Balistas should be same for IronHils, good against Monsters, but should have some limitations like Earthshakers have great attack cool down... Simply, I think you understand my preposition in general, just you are stuck with that removing. :) I am not for idea about removing them. :)

« Letzte Änderung: 7. Aug 2015, 14:54 von CragLord »