1. Mai 2024, 05:30 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Smaug's movie design implemented in Edain?  (Gelesen 1831 mal)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
Smaug's movie design implemented in Edain?
« am: 8. Aug 2015, 11:29 »
As you may have understood from my username, I am a huge fan of Smaug. So when I watched the Desolation of Smaug for the first time, I simply loved Smaug's design!  xD
I really like the way PJ interpreted him as half-dragon, half-serpent (with his long neck, the spikes around his head, and the fact that he has only two legs, using his wings to 'crawl') - true, he looks more like a wyvern than a dragon, but I like him that way - it further develops his maliciousness  :)
In Edain 3.8.1 Smaug had a different, non-movie design, with four legs. And while I really liked that design, I still like Smaug's movie design better.
I really think  the Edain Team should implement Smaug's design in the Misty Mountains faction of 4.0. Do you think they should stay with the current design, or change it?

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Smaug's movie design implemented in Edain?
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Aug 2015, 12:40 »
We have already announced that we will stick with tolkien's idea of smaug (he painted him very often) and therefore Smaug won't become a wyvern, but remain a normal european dragon.

Additionally this is also because of the amount of work - animating a dragon is really difficult and there is no other unit we can take for it, but there is already a dragon with all animations ingame.

Therefore:

No chances for any changes here.^^

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
Re: Smaug's movie design implemented in Edain?
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Aug 2015, 12:59 »
Well, if you guys like Smaug's current design more than his movie one, then stay with it, after all the mod is yours. I guess I'll have to live with it  :(

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"