28. Mai 2024, 23:54 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New design for the Dwarven units  (Gelesen 63360 mal)

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
Re: BOTFA design for the Iron Hills units
« Antwort #105 am: 13. Dez 2015, 22:54 »
You lucky dwarflings. Do you know how long I searched for a good glimpse of Dains Armor, how many screencaptures from the movie I looked up and zoomed in?

And you get everything neat and tidy in a book! Not fair.  [ugly]
Well you pulled it off wonderfully with an amazing model of dain as accurate as those photos in the book :D

By the way what do you think of my ideas/suggestions for the dwarves? Mainly the cosmetic stuff?
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #106 am: 13. Dez 2015, 23:13 »
Thanks. :)

Judging from the size of those bolts, the Crossbows you posted are more like little ballistas or scorpions.  [ugly] Not a regular ranged unit in my eyes.

It might be neat for a specialized AoE unit, but right now we first want to finish our planned dwarves as they are.
« Letzte Änderung: 13. Dez 2015, 23:25 von Adamin »

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #107 am: 13. Dez 2015, 23:18 »
Thanks. :)

Judging from the size of those bolts, the Crossbows you posted are more like little ballistas or scorpions.  [ugly] Not a regular ranged unit in my eyes.

It might be neat for a specialized AoE unit, but right now we first want to finish our planed dwarves as they are.
Alright that's fair enough cant wait to see what else you have to show everyone:D

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #108 am: 13. Dez 2015, 23:21 »
I understand that you guys have to finish a lot of things first! :-) So take your time! :-)
About the Crossbow it was called by WETA the "boar-lista"  [ugly] Pretty catchy name! :-)
But I suggest instead of that to use just this model...

I mean to just use this Model for the look of the Crossbow,of course when you have time! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #109 am: 13. Dez 2015, 23:29 »
Isn't that the same design?

Personally I don't really like that you can't see the "bow" of the Crossbow. It's a clever idea to turn it into vertical tusks and use some kind of pulley. But on the downside because of this the weapon will probably look like a rifle from afar.
« Letzte Änderung: 13. Dez 2015, 23:51 von Adamin »

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #110 am: 13. Dez 2015, 23:34 »
The boar-lista could be their version of ranged upgrade(e.g fire arrows) giving the awesome bolts on dwarves backs armour piercing and more range. But these are things you should discuss once your done with what you have planned so far.

Isn't that the same design?

Personally I don't really like that you can't see the "bow" of the Crossbow. It's a clever idea to turn it into vertical tusks and use some kind of pulley. But on the downside because of this the weapon will look like a rifle from afar.
you could take the tusks and maybe rotate them so they look like the crossbow arms, so it would be the best of both worlds, but to be honest all I want is to see dwarves walking around with large crossbow bolts on their back :)
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Dez 2015, 11:10 von Ealendril »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #111 am: 13. Dez 2015, 23:37 »
Well if course you can make some changes to fit your style and all but just to give the Crossbows unique IHs Style look ! :-)
I know WETA had some pretty neat Multiple Arrow Crossbow for IHs Soldiers and we can think of a balanced way to include them and make.IHs even more Unique and different than Isengard Crossbow but I highly doubt the Team will like the idea for those Crossbows! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #112 am: 13. Dez 2015, 23:40 »
Btw where would one post suggestions or ideas for unreleased factions? Such as misty mountains.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #113 am: 13. Dez 2015, 23:42 »
In General Suggestions I guess,but I think it is better to firstly see it in action! :-)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #114 am: 13. Dez 2015, 23:43 »
Generally in the General Suggestions Forum, but it is advised not to propose drastic suggestion untill the faction is released, because people don't know what the faction will or won't contain at the moment.

Edit: Yet again I am too late and Dain already answered, just like he answered Thorin's call for help in the Hobbit.

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #115 am: 13. Dez 2015, 23:46 »
Thank you very much lads, and dont worry its nothing game changing its just a cosmetic thing :)

Hüter

• Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #116 am: 14. Dez 2015, 17:17 »
Personally, I admired work of WETA for LOTR, but I think, they have gone way to far in some things concerning the Hobbit. If you watch the videos showing WETAs work and ideas concerning LOTR, the main message is, that everything should still be beleavable and "realistic". For the Hobbit, in my opinion, they have forgotten a little bit this aim. For example I am pretty sure, that those crossbows would have not shot one arrow, if they were really built. And I am not even speaking of the extra weight all those boar stil elements represent.
So, I defenetly prefer Edain's intetpretation of the crossbows and also of the arrows.

Danke an CMG für den tollen Avatar und das tolle Banner

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #117 am: 14. Dez 2015, 17:47 »
Well.I do not see so unbelievable things in the Hobbit at all! :-)
And in the Book WETA say that those Crossbows were able to shoot Big Bilts in quite good distance and heavier ones at smaller distance and worked really good! :-) And take into consideration that those are Somewhat Boar Lista Crossbow slightly heavier than Heavy Crossbow and are made for medim distance fight and good Heavy Armor,Plate and Monster Skin Penetration! So yeah I find then quite good and unique to simple Crossbow! :-)

Greetings and best regards!

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #118 am: 14. Dez 2015, 18:06 »
The crossbows weren't really made for normal bolts they were used for shooting the 1 large armor piercing bolts as shown on the back of the dwarf in one of the photos :)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #119 am: 14. Dez 2015, 18:08 »
I agree with Dain, I don't see it unbelievable that a crossbow like this can fire bolts, in fact it's great that Weta managed to make working crossbows for the Iron Hills that looked unique. So I also really like the idea of the 'boar-lista'.  xD

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"