19. Mai 2024, 16:33 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New design for the Dwarven units  (Gelesen 63021 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: BOTFA design for the Iron Hills units
« Antwort #135 am: 15. Dez 2015, 11:06 »
I agree with Varda and Adamin! :) It is impliedclearly enough that in some areas if not most Dwarves are more gifted than Men especially!

And if we talk about Physical Streght I think it clear that Dwarves are much stronger than the Race of Men,and it is shown in multiple occasions including in the Movies! Tolkien has made it clear that Dwarve posses Endurance,Stamina and Strengh greater than those of Me(having several especaillay strong Men doesnt mean the Race is Equal to the Dwarven) I am most sure that Average Dwarf is much stronger and enndure more than an average Men! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #136 am: 15. Dez 2015, 11:36 »
Well, it wouldn't matter whether Men or Dwarves are stronger, it still won't be a problem for me to have a few of them for breakfast :D.
But joke aside, I have to agree with Dain again  :P
Dwarves are definitely stronger than Men, both in the movies and the books. That's why I find the crossbow interesting, unique, and undoubtedly Dwarvish  :).

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #137 am: 15. Dez 2015, 14:15 »
Hello people,

I have tried to read some of previous pages and main suggestion now is about Weta designed boar lista implementation? xD
Personally I would like to see it in game but just under condition that it won't be in look of some bazoka from bigger distance (or rifle as Adamin have described it etc)
So if it is possible to make some unique model which will be recognizable I am for integration. If not, then it souldn't be implemented in my opinion.
I agree that dwarves with their strength was able to carry it and use in proper way.
Once more thing which is my opinion good compomise is to use those epic boar symbols from it and integrate it on current dwarven crossbow.
For example, make a head (mouth) of boar as place from where arrows is entering air on regular crossbow, make bow part from current crossbow to be as boar's tusks etc.
In my opinion this is maybe the best thing, simply to change current dwarven crossbow (as Dain has said it looks maybe similar to Isenguard one or too much generalized) with those boar symbols which are official symbols for IH in weta designs. In that way we will have crossbow which looks on this, but it keeps old shape.

Regards,
CragLord

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #138 am: 15. Dez 2015, 15:32 »
It seems Crag got exactly what I meant!As I said in some of my  previous posts to use the Boar Lista and make some Unique and IHs Boar Looking Crossbow with Normal Size ,just to use simular designs thats all! :-)

But then someone started with the Boar Lista being too big and not working and etc. All I meant is to use similar look for Normal Crossbow,but still I wouldn't mind seeing some Elite Unit or something else using yhe Big Heavy Boar Lista for Heavy Armored Enemies after all it is quite good defense [uglybunti]

Greetings and best regards! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #139 am: 15. Dez 2015, 15:34 »
Alright, I think everyone got it, you like the boar-lista LordDain. You can stop now. ;)

From the teams standpoint all I'll say is: Not going to happen right now.

Hüter

• Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #140 am: 15. Dez 2015, 15:39 »
@ Adamin:
Damn, was just writing a very long answer, but as this
Zitat
From the teams standpoint all I'll say is: Not going to happen right now.
was the core message I wanted to achieve, I won't post it now  :D :D

Danke an CMG für den tollen Avatar und das tolle Banner

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
« Antwort #141 am: 15. Dez 2015, 15:45 »
Send it to me as a PM. ;)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #142 am: 15. Dez 2015, 17:06 »
Isn't it off-topic anyway? The Man vs Dwarf debate? Shall we get back to topic?
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #143 am: 15. Dez 2015, 17:16 »
Isn't it off-topic anyway? The Man vs Dwarf debate? Shall we get back to topic?

Not exactly  :)

Of course, that debate would have been suitable as well for lore-related threads in the Prancing Pony.
But, it was linked, here, to the main topic of this thread and to someone's feedback not only about the announced surprises of the new design but also related to the very Hobbit trilogy too.

That's why I didn't regard it as off-topic.
And I got myself involved too in it  xD

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #144 am: 15. Dez 2015, 17:24 »
One could argue that Men were at least the same strength as Dwarves, or stronger, when looking at the passage in the Fellowship of the Ring, where the Fellowship gets stuck in the snow while attempting to cross the Pass of Caradhras.
Here it is Aragorn and Boromir, who clear the path for the rest of the fellowship, while Legolas scouts ahead (because he can walk upon the snow). Boromir makes some remarks about the Strength of Men, but if you look closer I think the fact that Gimli did not help them move the snow out of the way is simply because of his height, since the snow was waist-high (if I recall correctly) for Aragorn and Boromir.

This sort of off-topic mention aside, I think that the team has done an amazing job with the new dwarven unit looks and I do not see the need to further change them. Indeed, the ones who have asked for the Iron Hills looks from the movies should rather thank the team for listening to their requests...

This, of course, is just my personal opinion.
RPG:

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
« Antwort #145 am: 15. Dez 2015, 17:27 »
As a question will the banner carriers have the same helmets as the normal soldiers or the crested ones like murin has? :)
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
« Antwort #146 am: 15. Dez 2015, 17:29 »
Yes for now.

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
« Antwort #147 am: 15. Dez 2015, 17:31 »
Yes for now.
alright great work with the models btw, not actually sure if i had said that before. :)
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #148 am: 15. Dez 2015, 17:53 »

I have another opinion.
Apart from that contingent moment on the Pass of Caradhras, I relied more on a general and holistic overview based on the fundamental information that we can gather in the Silmarillion as well in the LOTR; even though I think that the former definitely has a wider vision since it often deals with the foundations of Arda and the sentient beings who inhabit it.

Anyway, this is not really the main theme.
They were really just interesting speculations deriving from it.

Regarding the models, I couldn't be happier as I didn't totally expect it.
Only, I think that everything could always be subjected to changes if just only one person has a smart idea or an intuition about it that the others didn't have, even about something that initially may have been a simple detail.
Otherwise, I think that many valuable concepts would have not found light if some generous and 'stubborn' souls had not had the strength to remark or go into details to look for other possible combinations.
Everything can always be expressed or remarked unless if it doesn't violate the rules and the common reason of a pacific coexistence here.

Said that, I also believe that the needed thanks have already been made to the Edain Team, as these changes received a huge positive response and feedback, being also arguably the most cared about and followed proposal in the English Community (being myself too among the ones who proposed this), supported by the majority of its members and always perfected with passion and constructive will by who poured their great efforts into it, even though it caused indeed some misunderstandings in the past.
I'm sure that the gratitude towards the amazing achievements of the Edain Team is something everytime present and tangible, because indeed acknowledged via their incredible efforts and everyone else's for the sake of the whole Edan Community.

Greetings  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Dez 2015, 14:26 von Varda »

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
« Antwort #149 am: 15. Dez 2015, 21:57 »
Tell us what you think of the Dwarves of Erebor!