27. Apr 2024, 21:05 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief General Ideas  (Gelesen 118881 mal)

Master killer

• Hobbit
  • The great assassin
Re: Brief General Ideas
« Antwort #75 am: 19. Okt 2015, 13:03 »
That would just make the faction more complicated.  All units should have a specific function, otherwise they become unnecessary, superfluous clutter. 
Yep you have right it will just become like you said unnecessary

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #76 am: 19. Okt 2015, 23:22 »
Little idea here, I think I have already mentioned this in an Imladris thread, but this would be the appropriate place, since it's a very small change. What about giving two swords to Lindon Warriors from both Imladris and Arnor subfactions? They could switch between bow/2 swords, I think there currently aren't any two-sword units and this asthetic improvement would really go well with Lindon elves. It would differentiate these elves from others in the mod and it would also denote their great dexterity, needed to wield bows and for two weapon fighting (D&D reference lol). This could also be applied to their hero leader Círdan. My headcanon is that these warriors follow their leaders fighting style, a pretty good link between them.

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #77 am: 19. Okt 2015, 23:31 »
Little idea here, I think I have already mentioned this in an Imladris thread, but this would be the appropriate place, since it's a very small change. What about giving two swords to Lindon Warriors from both Imladris and Arnor subfactions? They could switch between bow/2 swords, I think there currently aren't any two-sword units and this asthetic improvement would really go well with Lindon elves. It would differentiate these elves from others in the mod and it would also denote their great dexterity, needed to wield bows and for two weapon fighting (D&D reference lol). This could also be applied to their hero leader Círdan. My headcanon is that these warriors follow their leaders fighting style, a pretty good link between them.
I could imagine that this would be a VERY big thing to implement, if not impossible at all.
They´d need totally new animations, as something like this does not exist in the game already.
Quite a big job for a rather cosmetic change, I´d guess.
But of course: I may be wrong about this.

Besides that: I actually don´t like 2-weapon fighting, it´s not really natural. Who fought in reality with 2 swords? Maybe knifes, but swords? I believe that´s rather fantasy (ok lord of the ring is fantasy too...). I prefer people fighting with sword + shield or 2-handed longsword.

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #78 am: 20. Okt 2015, 00:10 »

I said small because it would change little in the game, but I don't really know how hard it would be to implement it. I really don't know anything about modding, so I  ask please excuse me for such a proposal, if it is something impossible or hard, I didn't know. However if the Team or anyone else likes the idea, I have the impression I saw this in a discontinued old mod, wouldn't it be possible to search for a given animation in another mod/place and make it work in Edain (with the creator's permission, of course)? Again, I don't really know about modding, I may be abusing my ignorance on the subject.

P.S. hours after posting it, the obvious just occurred to me: Thranduil uses two-weapon fighting animation! So would it be possible to use his on the Lindon elves?
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Okt 2015, 05:28 von NetoD20 »

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #79 am: 21. Okt 2015, 13:43 »
P.S. hours after posting it, the obvious just occurred to me: Thranduil uses two-weapon fighting animation! So would it be possible to use his on the Lindon elves?

you are right. I didn´t hink of Thranduil.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #80 am: 21. Okt 2015, 17:05 »
it is very difficult and almost impossible to mix two different animation sets. Many sets do not match and causing errors. In this example i cant mix the animation set of Eowyn (the one Thranduil is using) an the normal ruelfwar_skl.
But i must say also that I do not want that here for these units. Elves are graceful and elegant, not so brutal.
Overall i have to reject these suggestion.
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Okt 2015, 17:36 von Ealendril »

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #81 am: 21. Okt 2015, 17:32 »
Alright, thanks for answering @Ealendril ^__^

Bardok321

• Hobbit
« Antwort #82 am: 6. Nov 2015, 11:12 »

Hello Edain team and community,

For the custom Heroes the evil side has a passive poison ability. I was wondering if ,in an update, the good team (Mainly Captain of the west) is going to get a passive fire attack, such as Flame of Arnor or Servant of secret fire something of that nature. Thank you for your hard work and I can't wait for the elves.

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #83 am: 6. Nov 2015, 11:19 »

Hello Edain team and community,

For the custom Heroes the evil side has a passive poison ability. I was wondering if ,in an update, the good team (Mainly Captain of the west) is going to get a passive fire attack, such as Flame of Arnor or Servant of secret fire something of that nature. Thank you for your hard work and I can't wait for the elves.

please no burning sword like in Conquest or other RPGs.

this game (and especially Edain Mod) aims to be a "realistic" display of middle earth. I don´t reckon anyone fighting with burning sword in LotR, Sillmarillion or the Hobbit.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #84 am: 6. Nov 2015, 11:26 »
realistic display of middle earthis that a joke

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #85 am: 6. Nov 2015, 11:27 »
realistic display of middle earthis that a joke

I don´t think so. What features in the mod/ the game are not fitting to middle earth as we know it from the books?

I didn´t say realistic from our world´s point of view!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #86 am: 6. Nov 2015, 11:51 »
the witch king had a burning sword

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #87 am: 6. Nov 2015, 11:52 »
Yes, the witchking. But that doesnt mean, that every single unit in the game should get a burning sword.

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #88 am: 6. Nov 2015, 11:57 »
Furthermore: I don´t remember him having that buring sword in the books.

But anyways: even if he had one - he is something like a supernatural creature for whom other rules apply.
A normal men fighter shouldn´t get such power.
Or have you seen any Gondor/ Rohan soldier using burning sword, magic or other supernatural power?
The Dunedain have the "power" of a very long life, but that´s all.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #89 am: 6. Nov 2015, 12:01 »
Furthermore: I don´t remember him having that buring sword in the books.
Yes, i think that was an interpretation of PJ (only available in the extenden edition).