28. Apr 2024, 14:09 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief General Ideas  (Gelesen 119016 mal)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
Re: Brief General Ideas
« Antwort #90 am: 6. Nov 2015, 12:14 »
i guess you are right the witch king only should have the burning sword i will be more unique this way

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #91 am: 6. Nov 2015, 20:15 »
Furthermore: I don´t remember him having that buring sword in the books.
Yes, i think that was an interpretation of PJ (only available in the extenden edition).

"And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade." - LotR: Return of the King. Part I. Chapter IV: The Siege of Gondor

that wasn't an embellishment, that actually happened (in the book at least  :P )
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #92 am: 6. Nov 2015, 21:42 »
yes it did thanks

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #93 am: 8. Nov 2015, 09:03 »
Furthermore: I don´t remember him having that buring sword in the books.
Yes, i think that was an interpretation of PJ (only available in the extenden edition).

"And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade." - LotR: Return of the King. Part I. Chapter IV: The Siege of Gondor

that wasn't an embellishment, that actually happened (in the book at least  :P )
I was going to point it out myself  xD
I mean, come on people! how dare you change my history  [ugly]

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #94 am: 8. Nov 2015, 16:19 »
 xD :D

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #95 am: 20. Dez 2015, 09:16 »
Hello edain team (sorry posted this on the mod DB site, forgot my password to this site..:D)
But just an idea, or a wish..:D I  see you are implementing more and more material from the movie, and you are doing more fiction, which is rather satisfying for everyone:) For example the dwarven rams etc. they arent cannon but they are definitely awesome!

But here comes the wish, since MM faction hasnt been released yet, could the Dol Guldur orcs be transfered to Gundabad as battle orcs instead.
I have never really been a fan of the faction Mordor but i only play them because of the Dol Guldur orcs and its rather frutrating that you can only get them in late game or at all and they dont fit in the faction at all, the trolls of the faction belong with the minas morgul army and it doesnt fit to have both a minas morgul and a dol guldur army at the same time, timewise its wrong, just like Azog in the hobbit, timewise Easterlings attacked Erebor the same time as Saurons orcs attacked Minas tirith. But i will get to this later on.
And you cant have their correct leader or their epic battle trolls..:D the only non fiction about this transfer is their armor, the Gundabad orcs didnt have this good armor, but who knows if Bolg would have won the war maybe he would have expanded and started arming up his army and all the other factions have gotten their movie armor. Plus i dont think they mentioned armor that much in the lore so for all we know they could have wore armor as they went to war.

And in the movie they were actually Moria orcs, which makes a lot more sense, Azog was king of Moria and later on Bolg but they were actually from Gundabad.
I think this would add alot more to the gameplay. First the faction is kinda weak when its wild and undisciplined with only goblins and cave trolls, but then as the game moves on and you plunder you enemies with goblintown you get enough resources to build up Gundabad to get your heavy battle orcs and trolls to turn around the battle field
And im okay with Bolg being the leader, but i totally get why they put Azog as leader in the movie (better name, has a greater story, plus it added more character for the orc race to see the relationship between the father and son, but yes it didnt timewise make any sense..) But instead of having Azog as a hunter he could be a leader of Gundabad orcs, maybe named as the General of Gundabad or something, just to have him named as the defiler dont really make sense, since there was only one orc with that title and we all know who that was..:D

And for Mordor, Dol Guldur could still be a settlement, just a little different, in the books saurons armies in Dol Guldur consisted from time to time of easterlings, orcs, spiders and trolls, so there could maybe be a mix of these, but trolls you could get from your camp as it is now.
I think this wold add a lot, the evil men would get a bigger part of the faction, easterlings as a standard unit in Dol Guldur with different orcs and haradrim as an epic summon.
The Dol Guldur orcs are my favourite unit in the game by far, and mostly i cant even get the time to use them, and the Minas Morgul units are stronger plus call the horde only works on Minas Morgul which makes the Dol Guldur orcs less efficient.
Also i dont get the point of having 2 fortresses with the exact same use,
Dol Guldur could be a mid game fortress with easterlings spiders and orcs to support the battlefield as you build up your Minas Morgul army for your final assult. I think Mordor would get a better gameplay this way and Misty Moutains would get a lot more intresting and for those who really liked the evils of the hobbit this would bring a much better use of the Gundabad orcs.

This is all! sorry for the massive text but hope you consider this:) And sorry if it sounds like im complainging on the mod, im not, the mod is friggin epic, its just this little detail, most players like the good factions more so it doesnt really matter for them, but for me who loved the hobbit evil army, and probably for everyone else who loved the evil hobbit army, this would make them all very happy:D

Also, if they were transfered maybe add a little fur here and there to their armor and make them more pale, this way they would look more like orcs from Gundabad:)
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Dez 2015, 10:55 von Varda »
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #96 am: 23. Dez 2015, 22:55 »
I don't know what's planned in terms of the sorcerers of Angmar but I'd like to suggest that they get a basic attack with the same range as their spell but that doesn't no or little damage. The idea would that they wouldn't go through the enemy lines during full army attacks. E.g I do a full attack, the vanilla sorcerers would immediately go to the point of attack and get destroyed unless I micro them carefully. With a small attack they will attack the front line and stay at a safe distance without doing any damage apart from their spells.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #97 am: 23. Dez 2015, 23:59 »
I have basically the opposite issue. Such units (for instance Lothlorien singers) stop when you order them to attack the enemy and therefore do not move along your full army when you make a move. It would be great if they could follow your army and stop at safe distance, although I'm not sure it is possible.

Anyway, I have a different concern, though similar in a way. Most of the abilities in the game have a "casting time", forcing the hero to stop and removing his previous orders. It is not the case for some spells that grant movement speed (Lorien borderguards' patrol, Merry's third ability). My suggestion is to standardize it and make so that every spell that is supposed to give movement speed does NOT make your hero stop.
Here is a short list: (not exhaustive)
- Ugluk's march
- Lord Dain's (Iron Hills) first ability
- Bilbo's "I'm goig on an adventure"
Currently, the aforementioned heroes stop upon activating the ability. I don't know how you guys feel about it, but I do find it frustrating.

"That still only counts as one!"

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #98 am: 24. Dez 2015, 00:15 »
There are technical reasons for the stopping while casting an ability as far as I know. If I remember correctly this was brought up internally at some point, too, and a teammember said that unfortunately it's not possible.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #99 am: 24. Dez 2015, 00:35 »
There are technical reasons for the stopping while casting an ability as far as I know. If I remember correctly this was brought up internally at some point, too, and a teammember said that unfortunately it's not possible.
Right.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #100 am: 24. Dez 2015, 10:53 »
Ok pity. :(  thank you for answering.

"That still only counts as one!"

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #101 am: 17. Jan 2016, 21:01 »
It is a secondary modification, it can be add to a submod for example

If you want to talk about Submods or other similar matters, you can open a thread in the Off-Topic section, since this thread and the relative board deal with actual suggestions or feedback about the Edain Mod  :)

FedeH

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #102 am: 2. Apr 2016, 06:58 »
Hello everybody i'm RuudDevil (JK, but i'm a huge fan of his videos BTW) I have a small suggestion, is it possible to modify the distance of the camera? as it is right now i feel it too zoomed in, example to compare:

BUT, in certain maps, the camera is a bit further away, i think for example that the distance on Brandywine is just perfect, you still see everything in detail but also get a cleaner view of the map

i know (or at least suspect) that due to competitive reasons a free zoom in/out is not an option, but when i play in my 48" TV, everything feel huge and big battles are a bit of a problem to control properly.

What do you think?

Sefie1999AD

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #103 am: 9. Apr 2016, 02:16 »
I'd like to propose that Heavy Armor gives higher resistance to unupgraded structural damage. Turtling becomes somewhat too easy when arrow towers tear down your fully upgraded forces like nothing. It's fine if arrow towers with Fire/Ice/Silverthorn/Steel Bolt Arrows breach through Heavy Armor, but I don't think units with Heavy Armor should be that vulnerable to basic defences.

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #104 am: 9. Apr 2016, 12:43 »
I'd like to propose that Heavy Armor gives higher resistance to unupgraded structural damage. Turtling becomes somewhat too easy when arrow towers tear down your fully upgraded forces like nothing. It's fine if arrow towers with Fire/Ice/Silverthorn/Steel Bolt Arrows breach through Heavy Armor, but I don't think units with Heavy Armor should be that vulnerable to basic defences.

In that case defernse would become really hard for the defender player. I think if you dont get siege ytou shouldnt be able to take a base. With the current dmg of the towers you cannot get in a base with an armie without siege, at least if you dont want to get lot of casualties. Speciallyt faction that cannot upgrade defenses such as rohan/angmar would be in clear disadvantage.