28. Apr 2024, 05:27 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief General Ideas  (Gelesen 118945 mal)

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Brief General Ideas
« Antwort #105 am: 10. Apr 2016, 22:20 »
Could the name of the maps indicate whether it's a camp or a castle (I don't remember if it's the dedicated name for big outposts huhu) ? Like for example : [C] Map name .
Because sometimes it's obvious that it will be a small camp (on 8-player maps for example) but sometimes it isn't!

Cheers,
Leri_weill

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #106 am: 11. Apr 2016, 19:54 »
We will integrate it in the description.

lordglorfindel

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #107 am: 17. Apr 2016, 13:57 »
Hello guys. If You could find more atmospheric rhytms it would be such better.I'll show  you some musics if you want.Thank you for your great pains.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #108 am: 17. Apr 2016, 14:08 »
Hello guys. If You could find more atmospheric rhytms it would be such better.I'll show  you some musics if you want.Thank you for your great pains.

I will post the same answer that I gave you on ModDB  :)

Zitat
As you were answered, the thematic themes of both the trilogies are already in the game, differentiated for each faction, and it's well enough, in my opinion.

In addition to that, if you talk about additional ambient and atmosphere sounds for the Mod, new tracks from the Edain Mod's official soundtrack have been recently added. They are made by the brilliant Forhir, a member of the Community.

lordglorfindel

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #109 am: 17. Apr 2016, 23:22 »
Haha I have seen it.Thank you for your reply.I hope Forhir get what he deserve.Good luck to him

CommanderJohn

• Hobbit
« Antwort #110 am: 20. Apr 2016, 06:00 »
I don't know what play dynamics the Misty Mountains will have, I was thinking in something lore-wise, for example: Goblins always will worship/praise Goblins Chieftains... without them they are lost. maybe without them they have little health and damage but when you buy a Goblin War-chief and add them to certain small army of goblins they get bonuses (with 'this' one poison damage, with 'that one' heavy armor). And if the goblin war-chief dies then the goblins lose the bonus and they can enter en beserker mode or panic mode and be unpredictable. Maybe the trick to defeat the goblins it's to try and kill their War-chief, they even can have some kind of bodyguards that will give their life for their leader. I would love to know what would happen if you have 2 leaders at the same time... would they enter in conflict even being in the same faction? have some kind of crazy bonuses because of that? or they will collaborate and fight for the greater good?
What do you think? :) what would you like to see in the Misty Mountains?

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #111 am: 20. Apr 2016, 09:05 »

Your idea seems a bit confuse to me but yet very interesting. You should think a bit more deeply about it because there is definitively somethink that could be done :D

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #112 am: 20. Apr 2016, 13:31 »

First of all, the Misty Mountains are still in the developing phase. Thus, I think it is quite premature talking about the faction's mechanics, unless we have very clear information about it. I can't really recall, though, that anything similar to what you proposed was in the official news (that are quite old, by the way). I have the feeling that the Misty Mountains will still be subjected to changes, as it happened with the other factions  :)

On the matter, your suggestion seems to be a bit complicated and confusing, at times. If you gave us more details about it, we could maybe try to understand better the core of the idea and maybe develop it in a decent way.

P.S. If you desire to ask questions to the Community and collecting other people's opinions, it's definitely better if you use the Discussion and Feedback Section; the proper space for that purpose.

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #113 am: 21. Apr 2016, 20:33 »
Before I create a new thread, is it possible that units do random damage ? For example to make that a Gondorian Archer deals randomly between 95 and 105 damage instead of 100 ?

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #114 am: 22. Apr 2016, 10:46 »
No and i dont understand the sense of such a system. It would be terrible to balance.

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #115 am: 23. Apr 2016, 13:29 »
No and i dont understand the sense of such a system. It would be terrible to balance.

A lot of RPGs use this system; it could have reflected the fact that a soldier sometimes misses his hit (or shot) and for example hits the shield of his enemy or contrariwise reaches the throat of his foe and deals deadly damage. I find it boring to now that this unit/hero will die in exactly three hits if I attack him with a particular hero or other unit.
But nevermind, if it's not possible there's no point talking about that anymore  xD

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #116 am: 3. Mai 2016, 18:38 »
Please delete bonus to damage from freaking walls its to op example theoden damage default 350 on wall 420 and don't even mention archers i understand range eventually vision range too but damage boost is to op .Second brief suggestion make heroes loose thier level after dead if possible or make that they need more exp to get to next lvl

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #117 am: 3. Mai 2016, 18:48 »
Second brief suggestion make heroes loose thier level after dead if possible or make that they need more exp to get to next lvl

This would be a total nightmare for balance, gameplay and game's enjoyability. Some heroes are already quite hard to level up and most of their powers are inevitably deeply intertwined with each faction's strategy (just think about Sauron's Influence or Galadriel's Power of the Seer).

Not to mention that this aspect (heroes maintaining their level) has always been a pillar of the BFME serie since the first game.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #118 am: 6. Mai 2016, 19:46 »
Could it be possible to add a rebuild button on the camp walls? It's just so frustrating to not be able to rebuild them
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #119 am: 6. Mai 2016, 21:04 »
Zitat
Could it be possible to add a rebuild button on the camp walls? It's just so frustrating to not be able to rebuild them
+1

I don't see why Walls should be the only things that can be rebuilt among the passive defenses. It might not seem like much, but it can mean a pretty big deal, since it makes it harder for your opponent to surround buildings.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”