8. Mai 2024, 09:10 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief General Ideas  (Gelesen 120372 mal)

Makill

• Hobbit
Re: Brief General Ideas
« Antwort #120 am: 12. Mai 2016, 15:16 »
Maybe adding Arnor that, similliar to Dwarves, can be divided to different factions (Arthedain, Cardolan and Rhudaur).
Ringhero - Isildur

And Angband with its ringhero Morgoth(Melkor) that can be summoned similliar to Durin by placing One ring to an altar or statue.
Heroes like Gothmog (lord of balrogs), Ungoliant (maybe like Shelob- timed ability), Draugluin (first werefwolf), and more

Andband abilities: Summons - Ungoliant (maybe), Ancalagon (black dragon)or Glaurung (the father of dragons), balrogs (3 for 20 sec)

Other abilites like stunning enemies for 30 sec, Burn area, Darkness,

I hope it will be at least some inspiration to you. Edain mod is great so far. (**) :D :D

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #121 am: 12. Mai 2016, 15:33 »
There were many similar proposals in the past concerning these matters, but they were always rejected with very understandable, well-thought and technical reasons  :)

In brief words: If the subfaction system of the Dwarves were applied to Gondor, that would inevitably cause (as a technical implication) both Gondor and Arnor to have the same spellbook. Moreover, neither Angband nor Valinor or other elements from the First Age will ever be part of the game, because the Mod is set in the Third Age (mainly in the War of the Ring) and characters like the Valar or the Maiar would be extremely powerful and overpowered, resulting in a total disruption of the gameplay.

There are a few elements and references to the First Age in the game, but they are implemented in proper and wise ways.

Makill

• Hobbit
« Antwort #122 am: 12. Mai 2016, 18:58 »
Consider it at least as Submod. it would be great to play as factions of the First age (Mainly in The war of the Jewels). The dead mod Tol Eressa (http://www.moddb.com/mods/tol-eressa) contained perfect and beautiful maps of the places of the first age like Nargothrond.
I would be great to see it at least as submod after the main mod is done.

« Letzte Änderung: 12. Mai 2016, 19:04 von Makill »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #123 am: 12. Mai 2016, 19:21 »
Oh, I just looked at some pictures. Nargothrond is really lovely and majestic. It looked very promising indeed.

A Submod? Well, if someone managed to get the approval of the Edain Team and had the proper skills, it would be great to see what could be made with material from the First Age. To be honest, though, I sincerely doubt that something of this kind has so high chances to develop in a really consistent project (here or on ModDB). Nevertheless, only time will tell.

Makill

• Hobbit
« Antwort #124 am: 12. Mai 2016, 19:54 »
Indeed.

After the Edain mod is done, Edain Team could take it as a secondary project.
And like War of the Ring mode, create its own standalone mode The War of The Jewels that would take place in Beleriand.

It will take a lot of time, but i think it would be worth it.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #125 am: 12. Mai 2016, 19:57 »
I don't think that edain will be done in the near future. ;) We're working on edain for 10 years now and I think we will  be able to work at least 10 more.

Submods are not made by the team, but by other persons. We don't have anything against a first age submod, but there has to be someone who does it and it won't be us. :P

Makill

• Hobbit
« Antwort #126 am: 12. Mai 2016, 20:22 »
well  :P you made me sad :o but also happy, knowing that a lots of new stuff is going to be added in 10 years  xD

At least i got the attention of someone from the Edain Team  :D

How many persons are actually actively working on the mod?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #127 am: 13. Mai 2016, 14:10 »
How many persons are actually actively working on the mod?

You can find the information you need in the Edain Readme, where there is a detailed list of all the past and present members of the Edain Team and of the Internal Staff (such as Beta Testers and Moderators).

YeshuaEnthusiast

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #128 am: 29. Mai 2016, 18:05 »
Hey Edain Team,

Will/can there be the option to have the Golden Arrow upgrade for the Imladris Castle towers? Being a little more of a defensive faction it would really be helpful even if it was at an expensive price in the game...

Thanks and Blessings,

YeshuaEnthusiast
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Jun 2016, 19:02 von YeshuaEnthusiast »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #129 am: 29. Mai 2016, 18:15 »
Will/can there be the option to have the Golden Arrow upgrade for the Imladris Castle towers? Being a little more of a defensive faction it would really be helpful even if it was at an expensive price in the game...

I think this proposal/question had better be merged with the Brief Suggestions thread, in form of, as that thread's title indicates, a brief suggestion.

MERGED

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #130 am: 16. Jul 2016, 07:42 »
Arnor Visual Suggestions:
I had two suggestions for Arnor:
1. Can the White Tree symbol on their barracks be changes to their building plot symbol, and can the Gondor shield be replaced with a Arnor shield?
3. The Gatehouse on castle maps has Gondor banners and wooden plates with the White Tree on the interior, can these be changed to the banners seen on the rest of the castle, the Arnor ones.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

FedeH

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #131 am: 26. Jul 2016, 01:01 »
Hello, i have a few short suggestions:

-Please make pressing Q do not select the ponies.
-Allow the door from the castles to be selected via drag+drop like normal units, when you're in a rush in an angmar castle with the 10PP power, that roof over the door makes the task quite problematic (and the same problem applies to imladris as i've seen in the ruudevil videos). I know i can make a group for the door alone, but i'd like to be able to avoid having to do that. it could be only selectable when you don't have another unit in the drag+drop area, like the way it works with buildings.
-I'd like to have rally points for both the Entmoot and the Rohirrim camp, it'd be really convenient.
-Bringing back the exit all option of the mineshafts? Or, if not possible, making it work like in the vanilla version, each batallion individually, not concerning if another batallion is entering the mine (nowadays you can't exit the mineshaft until every last soldier is inside, thus losing some momentum in fast movement a lot of batallions in the middle of a battle or a sneaky rush attack using the mineshaft power).

EDIT: i'd like to add lowering the siege speed, both ranged and rams (about 10-15%), right now they're too mobile, against brutal AI it's quite a challenge to kill ballistas with infantry.
Thanks!
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Jul 2016, 17:52 von FedeH »

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #132 am: 3. Aug 2016, 14:11 »
CAH Olog Hai Class should have diffrent damage type and effect they are trolls ;) something like bash like other trolls the look of thier attack looks bad compared to how big they are and of course they cant trample when they should even with minimal damage

Canmancan215

• Hobbit
« Antwort #133 am: 4. Aug 2016, 19:36 »
Hey guys, first off I just want to say when I saw your Mod I was hyped you guys have made new in depth factions with awesome models and so much more! I love everything you guys are doing and continue to do!

Now to my point, I think that many of us are excited for the future of this mod, with a new faction and updates on the way! I think I speak for a lot of us when I say we are curious about the future of this mod, after the Misty Mountains, what next? I'm very curious about how far you plan to go with this mod. (Hopefully endless ;) )

Anyway, I know you touched on this before but I think a lot of us would like to see an evil men faction. Yeah you know where I'm doing with this.  :D Here is my suggestion, do a faction called Men of the East or Evil Men. Set it up as the Dwarves, one faction where you can choose Rhun, Harad, or Dunland. I know this would be a lot of work because architecturally and style wise they are very different looking factions but wow would they be amazing to see and use on the field in great numbers!

Anyway I really hope you guys give a Men of the East faction another look and discuss it a little more. I love the mod and keep up the great work can't wait to see what you guys got planned.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #134 am: 4. Aug 2016, 21:21 »
Welcome to Modding Union, Canmancan215! Yes, the future of the Edain Mod after the Misty Mountains has already been discussed here and on ModDB too various times. This matter is, though, something that the Edain Team has never made an official statement about.

Therefore, every topic concerning the Evil Men faction proposal or similar suggestions remains pure fan-made speculation for now (though accurate and detailed it may be). The English Moderators have always opted to close such threads, but I recently decided to establish a proper space in the Off-Topic section, where you can freely express your ideas and even vote for a poll.

When the appropriate time comes, I will make sure to restore the thread as an ordinary Edain-related topic.