19. Mär 2024, 05:02 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Mordor Suggestions  (Gelesen 87457 mal)

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
Re: Brief Mordor Suggestions
« Antwort #135 am: 23. Dez 2016, 02:35 »
No, I don't agree with this suggestion as it's not clear what it would add to the Mordor faction. Firstly, I don't think a siege machine (albeit popular) should have any leadership abilities, in-game these aspects of sieging are fully covered by Gothmog's abilities. Secondly, Grond already has a lot of 'invisible' abilities and I do see how Grond benefits from a leadership.

If anything Grond would provide fear resistance to nearby troops, but since Gothmog already provides this and should be closeby in order to increase siege damage even further, I don't see any reason to implement it.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #136 am: 23. Dez 2016, 21:10 »
I am so glad many of you brought up the fact that Sauron's Vampire form is non-canonical. I mean, he took the form of a giant bat with blood dripping. I don't see that with the bat swarm thing that he transforms into. I mean he is Sauron, not Dracula.

Also, as I posted about Sauron's different forms, I feel that Sauron should have a snake form in his Power of Ages past repertoire. I mean that is canonical and there is already a thread if you guys wanna read about it. It is titled: Sauron's third stance.

Anyhow, I feel just some small tweaks to Sauron and maybe make the hero nazgul unit have more HP like some of the other nazgul and we're good. I feel the 5 nazgul are too weak, but then I understand why, because Gandalf, Aragorn, Glorfindel (and if going by the movie) Elrond and Saruman can take on many by themselves.

So whatever ET decides with the hero unit I am okay with. But Sauron needs some tweaks, big time.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #137 am: 25. Jan 2017, 19:06 »
Hello! In my opinion at this time the Nazgul are weak and their price is too high!. If at a later stage of the game are more or less normal, at an early stage it is just madness!. While the Necromancer has not reached the level of 6-7! Nazgul useless! so also the little ones that are very expensive and does not meet the criterion of cost / benefit. And if two Nazgûl still somehow can eyeing the five - they are only useful at level 10. Before hiring does not make sense. WK is strong but very expensive. 3500 is the most expensive characters. Similarly this applies Khamul. 2850! Oh, and yes even with regard to the two Nazgul! I wonder who that updates the Nazgul to the hunter ring? I personally always updated to the marshal. But it will be interesting if someone will share his thoughts. As if there was not one thing it is clear that at least need some polishing Nazgul, with proper elaboration, they can become unique characters. My suggestion about the Nazgul the following: At an early stage to give Nazgul weak capacity but it will be enough for them until the necromancer attains 5 level, because if you upgrade the Nazgul to marshal before Necromancer scored 5 level it is a useless waste of money just think Thorin and Glorfindel are 1800 ! as well as the Nazgul and the benefits that different! I hope this article will lead to a heated discussion about the further development of the Nazgul.

Add a few new abilities (defense, economic, tactical) for Minas Morgul and Dol Guldur. For example, only enough to compare Dol Guldur / Minas Morgul with Dale or Mirkud. Obviously Mirkwood / Dale efficient, cheaper and offers more tactical maneuvers.

Dol Guldur
Price reduced to 2000.
For Dol Guldur I offer the following update:
Poison - Passive. Leave now.
Spiders. - Fortress gets improved spiders. So five huge spiders will guard the fortress. (After using the influence of Sauron)
Enchantment of abandonment - Near the fortress there is a fog that hides the allied forces and they can be cured.
Resident Necromancer. -Pasivnoe. Fortress receives 25% reservation and 25% generate more money. Also, 25% enhances the action of the poison (the damage of the first ability.)
Minas Morgul is still in development
And what do you think?
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Jan 2017, 21:23 von DieWalküre »

mycaelspear

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #138 am: 13. Mär 2017, 08:04 »
Not a huge rush and not sure if there is a reason this hasn't been done, but could we have the mouth of sauron and the nazgul levels match saurons. Right now they are always 0 no matter what level they are. I think this would make it easier to tell at a glance how strong they currently are.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #139 am: 13. Mär 2017, 08:33 »
Right now they are always 0 no matter what level they are.

That is due to a very important aspect: it symbolises that the powers of the wraiths and of the Mouth of Sauron is completely bound to Sauron. Whenever he increases his might, as he does in the lore, those said heroes have their capabilities consequently augmented.

If we consider the fact that the Nine wield the Nine Rings, having been subdued to the Dark Lord's will, and that the Mouth might bear one of the Seven Rings too, their connection with Sauron (the Lord of the Rings) is endowed with a very powerful connotation. Speaking about gameplay, the role of Sauron as the centre and power-source of the faction is a completely unique feature of Mordor, since the other factions don't dispose of these particular mechanics (iconically referred to the nature of the Maia and of his greatest servants).

FRGCWRU

• Hobbit
« Antwort #140 am: 17. Apr 2017, 10:32 »
Hello,

Thanks for the mod. I'm pretty content with most choices made regarding the mod, so I don't actually have any significant suggestions.

I am unaware whether this has been proposed before, but I think Sauron's "Dark Will" ability should not be a time-restricted ability, but rather a togglable one (with a countdown so it can't be exploited). If it's enabled it should disable all his other spell abilities save for maybe Dark Sorcery to heal his wounds.

That way you kind of have a way to give Sauron a more physical and immediate presence like his arrival during The Last Alliance, while giving the player a way to give him a little more backbone so you don't have to keep an eye on him constantly. His gaining of the ring was supposed to put an end to Middle-earth after all.

Just a small suggestion though.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #141 am: 17. Apr 2017, 10:47 »
Welcome to the forum.

First of all, I don't think this suggestion is a bad idea, but there are some things that are a  bit problematic.
The movement speed bonus the abilitiy grants him would be really usefull as a permanent effect. When out of battle, it would be far better to use the ability to quickly move from one place to another, which contradicts Saurons the fact that his slow speed is his main weakness.
Furthermore, disabling other abilities while Dark Will is active would cause players too use as many abilities as possible, then switch to Dark Will until the abilities have reloaded and the same again.

FRGCWRU

• Hobbit
« Antwort #142 am: 17. Apr 2017, 10:54 »
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Should he be that slow a force? Not doubting or trying to knock you, genuinely asking because I don't have a specific recollection from the lore stating so.

Your concern about that exploit is troublesome for sure. Hence the suggestion of countdown setting for the "Dark Will" ability. Like you can only enable it every 5 minutes or something, and once enabled it'll take at least 5 minutes before you get the option to change back. Or if this is possible, make it so that whenever you have it disabled and use an ability other than Dark Will it will set the "Dark Will" ability countdown timer back another 60 seconds or so. I don't know what's possible scripting wise though.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #143 am: 17. Apr 2017, 11:06 »
It's less aboult lore and more about game design. Sauron is probably the strongest hero in the mod both considering raw values and his abilities. So there needs to be some kind of weakness. He is absolutly deadly, but only if he gets close enough to his enemies.

5 minutes would work, but such a long countdown could be really frustrating for players. The other one is theoretically possible, but it is hell of work to code and not worth that much trobule in my opinion.

FRGCWRU

• Hobbit
« Antwort #144 am: 17. Apr 2017, 15:11 »
I see. Just hope it will be considered. I kind of like the idea that he can transfer his power into his physical prowess with the consequence that he foregoes his other abilities. Right now he can do both at the same time, while there's little reason not to. And it seems a little weird that he could only augment himself for short periods yet still have all other spells available simultaneously. It would also go great with the theme of Sauron's versatility/transformations.

FRGCWRU

• Hobbit
« Antwort #145 am: 17. Apr 2017, 23:16 »
Since we're on the subject (and I think it is pretty pertinent to 4.5's Spellbook overhaul). There's two other suggestions I would like to make.

First the more important one. I'll explain why it is important first. I love playing with Mordor, but to me it felt the faction is lacking something, and I know why.

Both Mordor's final "10 point" spells are rarely ever very useful to me. Now I'm not saying they're bad. It's just that they could be tweaked a bit.

I think the Gorthaur spell effect should always be useful, because Grond already rarely is (you can't already have a Grond, and you'd need to have a Siegework at which you aren't already building something else, and it needs to remain intact long enough for it to work; I rarely use siege units anyway since there's already too much to mind in the game without them).

How to do this? Well, I think the Gorthaur spell should have a different effect based on the state which Sauron is presently in. Which currently isn't the case and it only works if Sauron is both purchased, alive, and not in his Ring form. So maybe the Gorthaur effect should instantly revive Sauron back to his original non-Gorthaur form if he's dead. If he's in his regular form it should turn him into his Gorthaur form as usual. And if he's in his Ring form it should give him an extra bonus to his armor. If he's already in his Gorthaur form or in his Ring + Gorthaur form it should just replenish his health.

It also makes hunting for the Ring more viable for Mordor as well. Because currently hunting for the ring means forfeiting the Gorthaur spell which costs a lot of power points and is already almost as strong anyway. Unless you plan on letting Sauron die after gaining the ring only then will the Gorthaur spell be useful again, but then why hunt for it in the first place. If there's one faction for which the hunt of the Ring needs to be important it is Mordor.

The second one: I think Sauron's will keeping Mordor together is a key point that somehow needs to be referenced in Edain. Maybe in the form of a ranged spell for Sauron that gives buildings within a certain area (maybe only the central hub building plus the inner layer of buildings, not the outer towers and walls) a permanent bonus to their armor as long as he's alive.

Secret Keeper

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #146 am: 21. Apr 2017, 18:38 »
Hello everyone,

just small question/suggestion. Why mordor can't build towers on their outposts? It seems like they are the only one.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #147 am: 18. Sep 2017, 18:15 »
Hello.
I suggest that the Necromancers picture should be changed. Now it resembles that how he attacks, not the actual dark, shady figure. This picture would be more appropirate.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #148 am: 18. Sep 2017, 22:10 »
It puzzled me too, sometimes. But I also see the reason for the current design to remain, Gandalf. That's probably the most pivotal scene in which Sauron in his shadow appearance is involved, and he's battling Gandalf in a very fierce of a confrontation. Darkness against Light. The ancestral and never-ending conflict that has stained with blood the long pages of Arda's history. As you understand, the reference is very much iconic. Thus, I personally prefer it to remain as it is :)

So that all peoples and realms shall know about your noble deeds, Gandalf :P

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #149 am: 18. Sep 2017, 23:08 »
Yeah, right. But I still prefer more unit centered image not battle centered.