4. Mai 2024, 23:27 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Dwarven Suggestions  (Gelesen 120263 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Brief Dwarven Suggestions
« Antwort #75 am: 12. Nov 2015, 14:28 »
I do not like the idea of Dwrves with two Axes!Wielding Two Weapons is somethign which takes a lot of skill and exprirince similar to how Two Handed Weapons are much harder to use! So I think wielding two Axes is something for Heroes like Dwalin!
PLus I really think the Twa Axes will make them look lie omse berserkers than  disciplined Dwarven Army! But that is of course simply my personal opinion! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #76 am: 12. Nov 2015, 14:46 »
I understand personal preferences, it is very used word here. :)

But same is with shield+one weapon combination, you need also experience for that, maybe even greater then in case of two single handed weapons. In term of strength, shield + one weapon is much harder, so it is also much more difficult to handle instead of 2 single handed weapons. Also I disagree that 2 single handed weapons are only for heroes, in case of Khazad Dum veterans this combination looks great, so I really don't know why it shouldn't be used in case of regular unit. I think that be unique because only IH guardians will have this kind of weapons  in dwarven factions as regular unit (beside Khazad Dum veterans ofc). Also when they got more offensive experience they will get upgrade of two handed axe which will have same armor effect in game. For me this looks very gradient and logical. :)
I agree two axes will make them look more dangerous but that is not reason they can't be disciplined Dwarven army. They will have proper armor and 2 single handed axes, for me that is more offensive unit, but disciplined one.
P.S. Bersekers are for me some half naked crazy units who are going to kill themself or destroy enemie, I really don't find this in case of proposal for IH guardians...

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #77 am: 12. Nov 2015, 15:07 »
Well Khazad Dum Veterans can use 2 Weapons so IHs Having 2 will not be so unique anyway! :) I ahve never said that 2 Weapns weapons should be only for Heroes I jsut said that Dwalin is an Example of SKill and EXP to wield such Weapons! :) I disagree about Shield + Weapon being as hard or harder,it is much esier to deffend with Shield and Attack than Attack and Defend only with 2 Weapons! :) The New Dwarven CaH can have 2 Weapons too,so I really tihnk giving IHs that will not add anythign new to the Game nor will be looking so good!:) But as I said it is my opinion about the Dwarves and all! :0

And let's not forget that if we go by Lore the only IHs Dwarf which is aid to use Axe is Dain while the Veterans which are Veterans used Two Handed Mattocks and Short Brough Swords which suggest that IHs Soldiers prefer to use those 2 kind of Weapons! :)

Greetings! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #78 am: 19. Nov 2015, 08:44 »
I think this is the right place to share this.

Here are a few extra lines for Dain Ironfoot (either IH or Erebor version). Tried to get them as clear as possible, but if I prefer especially tracks 3 and 7 for their significance to the lore of the character and of the Dwarves.

https://soundcloud.com/1truvikingbard/sets/dain-ironfoot-for-edain-mod
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #79 am: 19. Nov 2015, 21:00 »
Nice sampling from the movies! I always felt that Dáin was lacking some personality in Edain. I really liked some of the quotes EA made for him in vanilla, but there's no way the creators are going to put them back.

Quote 1 I personally find a bit too long, I generally do not enjoy quotes this long because they continue after I've selected another unit, leading to unintelligible rambling.
Quote 2 can be used for when Dáin mounts his boar because it can be heard in the background. Obviously for Lord Dáin only.
Quote 3 for his ability Baruk Khazad! as Lord Dáin or also the 'Defend the Halls' ability as King Dáin.
Quote 4 and 5 are regular attack order quotes, but more suited for battle than the current ones.
In quote 6 I'm not sure what is said, something like 'Khazad-du bekâ'. It could be used for when Dáin retreats or for King Dáin's Defend the Halls ability.
Quote 7 is also definitely usable for attack orders, possibly also for King Dáin's 'Defend the Halls'.
Quote 8 might be used for just before Dáin dies, or when he retreats back to the camp.

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #80 am: 19. Nov 2015, 22:16 »
i admit that i could have split the first one, or just leave off the beginning and just keep "You pointy-eared princess" (it works for Orcs, since they're corrupted Elves and, therefore, have pointed ears). But, just as a humorous note, Thorin Stonehelm tends to ramble as well:

Zitat
The bards will sing songs this day of great deeds done well, and we will be the heroes of those songs!

i like what you said, Garlodur, about the standard BfME2 Dain's quotes ("Pick up those beards!" or "Protect your beards!", among others). That's why i liked the "Fight to the death!" line, since it fits with Dain's ultimate fate of battling to the very end during the Battle of Dale in the War of the Ring (and it hearkens back to his BfME2 quote where, in similar reference, he says "To the death!")
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

BalkanLuka

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #81 am: 21. Nov 2015, 20:35 »
An extremely minor suggestion and that is that Murin gets back the ability to send out charging dwarves instead of ram riders, as it is more fitting to him because he is more of a infantry leading hero than cavalry, also magicaly apearing dwarves when two batalions clash is a bit more understandable than goats that pop out of nowhere, and also they are already used as scout units so there is no need to have them in two places- better to  charge with actual ram riders than use them as a temporary ability.
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Nov 2015, 20:41 von BalkanLuka »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #82 am: 21. Nov 2015, 21:46 »
Well there was a tim when Murin summoned few Infantry Soldiers Charging but the Team decided to change them to Ram Riders because it is more logical and fitting! Infantry poping from nowhere is just as weird as Ram Riders! :) And Infantry is already used as Regular Army Soldiers so you get my point,or you want to suggest a new Looking Soldiers just for his Charge!? :)

I hope you will not missunderstand me! But to me the Ram Charge is really great fit for that Ability thats all! :)

Greetings and best Regards from the  Lord of the Iron Hills! :)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #83 am: 21. Nov 2015, 23:27 »
I understand why you suggested this, but it is a bit "charmed circle" in this situation. Simply I understand that Murin is not Goat rider, instead he is strong dwarven soldier on foot, and I agree that soldiers are more fitting for Murin, but in my opinion ram riders are more appropriate for knock back situation then a dwarven soldiers, and knock back or trampling is point of this spell at first place. 
Argument about goats that pop out of nowhere is totally irrelevant in this situation or any similar because this is some kind of summoning (with trample purpose) ability and it is common in game already. To underline, I am not for this change, I support ram riders in this form (maybe in future with different skin), because they are simply better for knock backing or trampling enemies which is point of this spell at first place. :)

P.S. Поздрав Лука, добро дошао на форум!

Regards,
Crag
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Nov 2015, 23:33 von CragLord »

BalkanLuka

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #84 am: 22. Nov 2015, 13:59 »
About Lord Dain Ironfoots coment, i didnt properly explain my reason, why i thought that infantrymen would be fiting, an that is that when i fight with Murin, I always acompany him with some dwarf infantry, so when he uses his charge ability it looks like he orders some of his men from the nerby batalions to charge with him. That was the basic premise for my sugestion.

Crag Lord thx  for the welcome.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #85 am: 26. Nov 2015, 19:42 »
Just wondering, why does the Erebor catapult fire only two bullets although Erebor is supposed to be the 'anti-building' realm? Wouldn't it be more logical to switch with Iron Hills catapult?

"That still only counts as one!"

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #86 am: 5. Dez 2015, 23:09 »
I don't know if this is big enough of a topic to start its own thread.
Since 4.2, Iron Hills has been able to create dwarves from Ered Mithrin from its new outpost. 

So my question is, Should the dwarves of Ered Mithrin be added to Erebor King Dain's lvl 10, Meeting of the Dwarven Realms, as units that can be made at the Assembly Barracks?

I think lore wise, this would make perfect sense.  And the in the descrption of the skill, its says that "An Assembly Barracks is constructed, which can be used to train ANY Dwarven unit."

So what's the opinion on this? 

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #87 am: 5. Dez 2015, 23:20 »
Hmm... You are right, lore-wise this would be logical. However e.g. the Dragonslayer is basically a replacement for the non existent hero IH does not possess using Ered Mithrin, so I think for Erebor which is totally fine hero-wise this might be too much.
Also: Are there even Dwarves still alive in the Ered Mithrin during the war of the ring? It is a pretty nasty environment, so I certainly don't know. (However, there are a lot of people especially in the English forum who know a lot more about the Dwarves. ;))
I might agree on adding Zealots and Hunters, but Dragonslayers would effectively be another hero, so perhaps a reduced Ered Mithrin will be fine?

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #88 am: 6. Dez 2015, 00:28 »
I must say this is pretty logical suggestion. :)

By my dwarven knowledge I will try to give some small info. It is interesting stuff in my opinion:

Now concerning your suggestion about adding those Ered Mithrin units in Assembly Barraks, I find that maybe justified from lore side. All dwarves in one barracks, and there a lot of reasons, as you have maybe read what I wrote about Ered Mithrin dwarves, they have probably reinstalled their colonies in Ered Mithrin in time when Dain in king under the mountain. :)
But I am not so experienced from balance terms etc. Also maybe idea for those barracks was just to collect all units from Dwarven barracks not counting expansions etc. 
I agree with Melkor, DragonSlayers would be too much! They are simply OP and they are currently some replacement for absence of expanison's hero in IH faction. :) So without them in first place.

Best regards,
CragLord

« Letzte Änderung: 6. Dez 2015, 01:08 von CragLord »

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #89 am: 6. Dez 2015, 00:59 »
I personally think that the Assembly Barracks should not be able to recruit Ered Mithrin troops.  Yes, logically and lorewise it makes sense, but I think from a gameplay perspective it is flawed.  The assembly barracks allows access to the regular troops of the IH and EL sub factions but it should not grant access to their outpost units as well. 

Ered Mithrin units are designed to be a heavily armored complement to IH regular, relatively lightly armored (by Dwarven standards) infantry.  I'm not sure, since Erebor can recruit EL units from the assembly barracks, that Erebor needs Ered Mithrin units.  At the same time, giving them access to dragonslayers would be OP.