30. Apr 2024, 19:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Sounds for the Edain Mod from the Community  (Gelesen 75522 mal)

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
Re: Sounds for the Edain Mod from the Community
« Antwort #75 am: 3. Apr 2016, 13:54 »
So I was playing around with the new Iron hills and Dains quotes were much better but there was still once thing he was missing in my opinion and that is some revamped ability sounds especially for Baruk Khazad so I merged the normal ability sound with him saying Baruk Khazad from the expended edition with quite a good result in my opinion I did the same for his vendetta sound  with the quote added being Baruk Khazad, Khazad Ai Menu however I'm not to sure about that one let me know what you think: https://www.mediafire.com/?zux4551co89s6xc
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #76 am: 3. Apr 2016, 14:01 »
Yes, there were plans to add some specific quotations for those powers. We didn't have enough time, though, to implement them; and I was personally focused more on replacing his whole sound set.
I'm not on my PC now, I will thus have a look at your sounds later, if I can. Thank you for your suggestions  :)

I'm also very glad that you found Dáin's lines better off than they were in the previous version  ;)

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #77 am: 4. Apr 2016, 15:36 »
Yes, there were plans to add some specific quotations for those powers. We didn't have enough time, though, to implement them; and I was personally focused more on replacing his whole sound set.
I'm not on my PC now, I will thus have a look at your sounds later, if I can. Thank you for your suggestions  :)

I'm also very glad that you found Dáin's lines better off than they were in the previous version  ;)
Dain new lines are much better :0

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #78 am: 4. Apr 2016, 15:45 »
The Community has also strenuously continued to put pressure (fortunately) about it  :P
Dáin nonetheless deserved better as the leader of the faction.

I listened to your sounds. They are really great.
Nothing is obviously perfect (as all the other sounds), but I think they could be suitable for Dáin's abilities.
I'm personally in favour of this  ;)

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #79 am: 4. Apr 2016, 15:54 »
The Community has also strenuously continued to put pressure (fortunately) about it  :P
Dáin nonetheless deserved better as the leader of the faction.

I listened to your sounds. They are really great.
Nothing is obviously perfect (as all the other sounds), but I think they could be suitable for Dáin's abilities.
I'm personally in favour of this  ;)
Glad you like them Walk :)

Gimilzar

• Contest Gewinner
  • Bibliothekar Bruchtals
  • Bei meinem Bart!
« Antwort #80 am: 4. Apr 2016, 17:36 »
2. Can you PLEASE sort out both Dain Ironfoot and King Dain's quotes, get rid of the old ones found from brave and just use film audio as I've heard a lot of people complane about them. With the extended editions now released, dain has a few more lines surley we can put them in the game?

Dáin will have a new reworked and completely Hobbit-based sound set  ;)
Dáin (the user), FG and I managed to come out with a quite decent outcome. It's not obviously 100% perfect, but neither are the other sounds of the other heroes.

Thranduil too had his sound set completely overhauled. It's so much better now  :)

Hello guys, I just noticed you're reworking on Dain's soundset also.
While I am the responsible for delivering some of the new voices in Edain (german and english), my latest work I've delivered was a soundset for Murin, Drar and Narin (Hope you like them).

Currently my improved version of the (german) Dain Soundset is finished, and I'd like to give you a helping hand if you need one.

Zwergischer Soundboard Editor

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #81 am: 4. Apr 2016, 17:48 »
Oh yes, I noticed that those sound sets were implemented. I didn't know the source though.
I'm very glad to hear that, Gimilzar; you have done a really valuable work  ;)

Dáin's English sound set is theoretically complete. We are now trying to see if we can add some specific lines for Dáin's Baruk Khazâd and Vendetta abilities (as many people from the Community have suggested).
We didn't come up with something definitive yet. Any additional help and opinion is more than welcome!

Gimilzar

• Contest Gewinner
  • Bibliothekar Bruchtals
  • Bei meinem Bart!
« Antwort #82 am: 4. Apr 2016, 17:56 »
Well I've chosen for Baruk Khazâd the scene when Dain gives the firing order for the ballistas.

For the Vendetta ability I've chosen the following quote: The Hordes of Hell are upon us...
This is the most fitting for the Vendetta ability as it states an "mortal enemy" wants to challenge Dain and the Dwarves, and it kinda prepares the Dwarves strike against them.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #83 am: 4. Apr 2016, 18:09 »
Yes, those lines were also suggested by other people. Dáin (the user), especially, thought too about that line for Vendetta.

I already have at hand those sounds, but I think we could find better solutions, together.
For example, calsash created a track in which the current Vendetta sound is merged with Dáin's line 'Baruk Khazâd' (this track is supposed to be used for Baruk Khazâd).
For Vendetta, I have the other line. I would like to see, though, if anyone has a better version of it. The track I have is a bit disturbed by the background sound (and we know this issue can't be fixed so easily).

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #84 am: 4. Apr 2016, 18:15 »
Yes, those lines were also suggested by other people. Dáin (the user), especially, thought too about that line for Vendetta.

I already have at hand those sounds, but I think we could find better solutions, together.
For example, calsash created a track in which the current Vendetta sound is merged with Dáin's line 'Baruk Khazâd' (this track is supposed to be used for Baruk Khazâd).
For Vendetta, I have the other line. I would like to see, though, if anyone has a better version of it. The track I have is a bit disturbed by the background sound (and we know this issue can't be fixed so easily).
Merged with dain saying Baruk Khazad, Khazad Ai Menu which I wasnt to sure if that fitted or not but depends what everyone else thinks. Speaking of which Walk have you seen the Thread I made on Palantir pictures would be nice to know more peoples opinions?

Gimilzar

• Contest Gewinner
  • Bibliothekar Bruchtals
  • Bei meinem Bart!
« Antwort #85 am: 4. Apr 2016, 18:23 »
You can easily use the solo scenes from Dain when he is leading the vanguard on his boar and shouting "Baruk Khazad, Khazad Ai Menu", and link them like

Dain_select_in_battle1,2,3

So instead using a rather peaceful quote in the middle of a fight, he'd shout that battle cry if you select him during a fight.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #86 am: 4. Apr 2016, 18:32 »
Merged with dain saying Baruk Khazad, Khazad Ai Menu which I wasnt to sure if that fitted or not but depends what everyone else thinks. Speaking of which Walk have you seen the Thread I made on Palantir pictures would be nice to know more peoples opinions?

I think your result is quite fine, considering also that it's almost impossible aiming to perfection and, at the same time, implementing sounds from the films.
The most important function of each line is recreating the atmosphere of the two trilogies, in my opinion. Said that, inevitable flaws (if they are not so disruptive) need necessarily to be accepted  :)

So, I guess we could use calsash's track for Baruk Khazâd, and the 'The Hordes of Hell are upon us...' line for Vendetta.
This could be our definitive proposal.

Yes, I saw it. I will give my feedback as soon as possible  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Apr 2016, 18:35 von DieWalküre »

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #87 am: 4. Apr 2016, 19:02 »

I think your result is quite fine, considering also that it's almost impossible aiming to perfection and, at the same time, implementing sounds from the films.
The most important function of each line is recreating the atmosphere of the two trilogies, in my opinion. Said that, inevitable flaws (if they are not so disruptive) need necessarily to be accepted  :)

So, I guess we could use calsash's track for Baruk Khazâd, and the 'The Hordes of Hell are upon us...' line for Vendetta.
This could be our definitive proposal.

Yes, I saw it. I will give my feedback as soon as possible  ;)
Sounds awesome :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #88 am: 5. Apr 2016, 10:35 »
Hello guys. I want to say that Dain new Sounds are awesome and much better. The voice of Narin is just magnificent,I really loved it,same goes for Murin and Drar.

So long ago,few days after the Release of BotFA EE I posted a suggestion on MU regarding Dain Ability Sounds and they were "Baruk Khazad!" and "Vendetta" in particular. And I even posted links to those Lines. I suggested the "Baruk Khazad!" when Dain orders the Ballistas to open fire for "Baruk Khazad!" Ability and for "Vemdetta" I suggested "The Hordes of Hell are upon us...fight to thr Death!" ,because I think for an Ability called "Vendetta" just "The Hordes of Hell are upon us." is kinda not enough. The Line "To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!" is also a good choice for "Vendetta" but I am leaning more towards the first suggestion.

I also suggested a New Sound for when Dain is recruited,and that Sound was the Line "Ironfoot has come." from the EE.

Greetings from the Lord of the Iron Hills.
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

RuudDevil

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Bring your pretty face to my axe!
« Antwort #89 am: 5. Apr 2016, 16:32 »
Hello everyone! This thread is a little long so I hope the edain team see this but I've uploaded a few sound bites they may be interested in.

https://soundcloud.com/user-968662851/baruck-khazad

A little addition to Dain's quote revamp. Could be a base quote or used when he activates Vendetta at level 7.

(note: these are just suggestions, if you want to use them, use them however you wish)

https://soundcloud.com/user-968662851/rakan-bekar

Maybe activated when using final stand?

https://soundcloud.com/user-968662851/i-am-gandalf-the-white

If this is already in the game I apologise but this could play once the player upgrades Gandalf.

https://soundcloud.com/user-968662851/send-these-foul-beasts

Always loved this quote. Felt Gandalf needed a little more "oomph!"

https://soundcloud.com/user-968662851/the-horn-of-gondor

Not sure about this one but it saddens me that there's been no replacement to the default rallying call sound for Gondor.

https://soundcloud.com/user-968662851/strength-of-men-failed

And with hopefully Imladris on the horizon I thought this would be a fine addition for Elrond, although since Elrond already had awesome quotes in the base game this may not be needed.

https://soundcloud.com/user-968662851/elrond-the-dwarves

With that said, this one just has to be included! haha

Ikinari, Kingu wa, tourene darou oi!