26. Apr 2024, 11:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The white council  (Gelesen 9586 mal)

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
The white council
« am: 18. Sep 2015, 07:21 »
Someone just wrote something about the white council, which is very very hard to add to Imladris as they are champs of their own factions & imladris doesn't need more super-powerful heroes; also as fas as i remember imladris will not have a map feature in Dol Guldur. Anyway here it is what i thought:

There is a white council building by now that will recruite siege units aka mages. So i think it could have instead of one floor two, in the last one (the chamber of the movie) there will be a round table & three of the fou characters: Saruman & Gandalf sitting one infront the other & Galadriel standing watching them.

When selecting the building there will appear two buttons:

-The mages
-The white council

At the white council button will appear the following:

**Non summonable characters:

-Radagast the Brown:  I followed their trail: A none selectable Radagast in slegh appears from a corner of the map & wanders through it for a minute. Showing a large radious.
-Saruman the White: Let us examine what we know: Saruman reveals the known enemy bases.
-Galadriel: You must be careful: All soldiers gain invulnerability for 30 secs

Summonable characters lvl 2:

-Gandalf the Grey:  The same Gandalf as the summonable at the Council of Elrond (so there will be no more Gandalf at the council of Elrond) for a short period of time.

The building should be improved by recruiting the mages & it will achieve an ultimate lvl 3 that will lock Sarumans button but will unlock a new one:

-The new leader of the white council (passive ability) Gandalf will be recruited as Gandalf the white for a short period of time.

The idea consist in what we know from books & saw in movies: Gandalf was the only one member active that went for away, thats why i think he should be the only one recruitable heroe from this building & none from the Council of Elrond spell (despite i know he never layed at Imladris, but at the other hand he only went to Imladris when he seeked to reunite a council)

Hope this can help in one way or another ^^
"Viva México"

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The white council
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Sep 2015, 00:48 »

Very particular idea, I have to say  :)

This is what I recently wrote on ModDB about the evergreen and very popular proposal of the White Council being somehow implemented in Rivendell by many possible means.
This comment refers to the original summoning concept of this proposal, but, it nonetheless deals with one of the main problematic issues of this whole idea, which is basically the 'lore conflict' between the timeline of the White Council and the one of Imladris in the Edain Mod (War of the Ring).

Your proposal is indeed a bit different, but, it doesn't really resolve the lore issue of timelines, and not even the fact that Imladris would thus have a lot of powerful and unique (Leaders) heroes of other factions available, on top of its already impressive characteristic of having at hand other powerful and unique heroes via other spells (The Council of Elrond and the Last Alliance Spell).
The whole idea of the White Council never really convinced me at all, although it could certainly be very useful and impressive.

Probably, this concept as a special feature of the Dol Guldur map for Rivendell would be more appealing and, most importantly, very fair and balanced in the general perspective of the other factions and the game itself  :)

P.S. The implementation of Galadriel, according to your proposal, is the element that I don't like the most.
Invulnerability is the specific and unique trait of Nenya, the level 10 power of Galadriel.
Adding this precious tool of hers in another faction (via a system like this) would mean, I think, 'stealing' something really valuable from Galadriel and Lothlórien itself  [ugly]

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Sep 2015, 17:51 »
Hmm, the building you are referring too, is no longer part of Imladris! It was included for a short time, but then the lightbringers were simply transferred to the citadell where you can recruit them after researching an upgrade.
To be honest, I don't really need the White Counsil in Edain. I still think that the film version was garbage at best because it seriously portraited Saruman as just a huge idiot while completely glossing over his hidden desires of the ring -a step which is practicaly necessary as Fellowship starts at a point were Saruman just starts his assembling of an army, whereas in the book, Isengard is already tainted and ready for war. Therefore the entire scene makes not one bit of sense, because the fact why Saruman acts as he acts is just ignored. (Another problem of the chronology of the two trilogies: Because LotR came out previously, everyone knew Saruman as the villain.)
And after Saruman's open alliance with Sauron the White Counsil was more or less done for, for what I know. I might be wrong about this, but as far as I am concerned, this feature isn't adding much to Imladris apart from certain abilities and Gandalf who is already included in the other counsil, which makes a lot more sense then the White one. ;) Therefore I am against this idea, because in my opinion it causes a lot of inconsistencies inside of Imladris.

However DieWalküre's idea about a map special in DG could be a nice idea. What makes me uncertain about this is the fact, that the DG-map is more of Sauron's fortress from the war of the ring while the hobbit-DG is more his secret lair after his fall, which he choose to do his research at the last known place the ring once was.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #3 am: 22. Sep 2015, 10:27 »
I LOVE YOUR IDEA MAN

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #4 am: 22. Sep 2015, 14:44 »
The White Council Chamber is no longer buildable by Imladris, yes; but to my knowledge the Team still have its model. Maybe that building will be included in a White Council special map or something?
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Sep 2015, 17:02 von Ealendril »

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 22. Sep 2015, 17:47 »
I still think that the film version was garbage at best because it seriously portraited Saruman as just a huge idiot while completely glossing over his hidden desires of the ring -a step which is practicaly necessary as Fellowship starts at a point were Saruman just starts his assembling of an army, whereas in the book, Isengard is already tainted and ready for war. Therefore the entire scene makes not one bit of sense, because the fact why Saruman acts as he acts is just ignored.

Well, I don't really think that the whole White Council plot was total garbage.
Actually, many people, as I have read throughout the Internet, liked it very much; some at the point of saying that it was one of the precious elements (very few) that 'saved' the Hobbit trilogy.
I personally agree with them, and, in my opinion, the White Council plot was the best part of this serie of films, and the one that I enjoyed the most (even though it is a secondary subplot in the whole Hobbit plot).
Not only was it great because we had the chance to see again on the screen really superb actors, but also because it was very interesting and impressive having a deep look at the events which involved mighty characters as the members of the White Council are; this subplot was arguably the element that connected the two trilogies the most.
But this doesn't mean, of course, that there wasn't any flaw in it either way.

Concerning Saruman, one could keep on talking about his role and the actions of the White Council for hours; I will just say that the portrayal of this subplot was more than satisfying, in my opinion, if we also consider that, according to the pure lore, the vigilance of the White Council, the investigation of Gandalf and the interest of Saruman for the One Ring involve centuries, and thus it would have been above the common cinematographic standards focusing too much on these characters and following strictly the lore (we are still talking about films).
Nonetheless, I believe that there are indeed a few deep and subtle (very subtle) hints of the interest of Saruman about the One Ring both in AUJ and BOTFA.
The fact that he strongly believes that Sauron and the One Ring have completely disappeared from the World could be indicative, or the fact that he knows a lot about the Rings of Power in general, showing an enigmatic interest (also, in the EE of AUJ, Gandalf and Saruman have a brief discussion about the Seven Rings of the Dwarves).

However DieWalküre's idea about a map special in DG could be a nice idea. What makes me uncertain about this is the fact, that the DG-map is more of Sauron's fortress from the war of the ring while the hobbit-DG is more his secret lair after his fall, which he choose to do his research at the last known place the ring once was.

It's true, Sauron hid in Dol Guldur to recover his powers, but it's also true that this place was already dreadful and dangerous; its poisonous influence had already started to corrupt deeply the environment of Mirkwood for a long time, forcing Thranduil to move his realm in the far North of these Woods.
Furthermore, we have to consider that Sauron himself was directly present in the fortress, and this raises the standards on another level.
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Sep 2015, 01:54 von DieWalküre »

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #6 am: 10. Okt 2015, 02:23 »
Hmm, the building you are referring too, is no longer part of Imladris! It was included for a short time, but then the lightbringers were simply transferred to the citadell where you can recruit them after researching an upgrade.

The White Council Chamber is no longer buildable by Imladris, yes;

but but but but but
It was so beautiful! and unique! And amazing! It was a place for my favourite units in the game, the mages (which I hope won't be called lightbringers, such a silly name, call them for what they are: wizards, mages, sorcerers, badasses). Neto is sad, very sad.

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 27. Okt 2015, 19:49 »
Peter Jackson ruined his very last chance to make something epic about the white council, please Edain Team PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! make something about them!! whatever you want maybe an easteregg or a map feature or anything!!!

There maybe those who think these guys mean nothing in TA history but there are a lot of us that want them together!!!! pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! we beg yaaaaa!!! haha

But really, there should be one way or another!!!
"Viva México"

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #8 am: 27. Okt 2015, 21:37 »
While I disagree that PJ completely ruined his White Council portrayal (he certainly mucked up big time with things like Samara, Lady of Light), I too agree that we should like to see them in the mod in one form or another.

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #9 am: 27. Okt 2015, 22:44 »
^^I agree with NetoD20,I love the look of the White Council building. I really hope the Team keeps the model in the mod, then we can at least use it in WorldBuilder maps  :).

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #10 am: 4. Nov 2015, 05:59 »
The White Council Chamber is no longer buildable by Imladris, yes; but to my knowledge the Team still have its model. Maybe that building will be included in a White Council special map or something?
The White Council building is gone?! Oh no, I thought that was a cool idea! :(

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #11 am: 4. Nov 2015, 09:15 »
^^Believe me, I loved the White Council building for Imladris and I found it a nice addition to the faction. But unfortunately the Team has obviously removed it.
But I think they still have the model of the building, so let's hope they at least make it placeable on maps in WorldBuilder  ;).

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #12 am: 4. Nov 2015, 13:46 »
chill guys obviously the team will rework imladris you don't know what the team will put in the faction

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #13 am: 4. Nov 2015, 16:39 »
chill guys obviously the team will rework imladris you don't know what the team will put in the faction

Exactly.
As Lothlórien has been subjected to significant changes both graphically and conceptually, the same could easily be for Rivendell, as it has not been released yet, and, probably, won't be the next faction to be so as well.

Just be confident, and, when the time will come, share these or other future suggestions with the Community  ;)

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #14 am: 6. Nov 2015, 04:58 »

Thanks for the hint at the next faction  :P
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Nov 2015, 09:56 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #15 am: 6. Nov 2015, 10:06 »

Thanks for the hint at the next faction  :P

Well, it's not a secret that the next faction to be released won't be among the Good, as somehow stated officially on ModDB (and here, maybe)  xD

Specifically, this is a comment of Ealendril on ModDB, short yet very explanatory, I would say.

Zitat
Definitly an evil faction.

But, I don't obviously know if there will be unexpected last-minute surprises  :)
Anyway, back on topic.

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #16 am: 23. Nov 2015, 14:33 »

I agree with you, but I have some other concept to propose. The white council building could be built as Rivendell settlement where you can't recruit heroes, but use such abilities:
- "Let us examine what we know"/Saruman (Allied troops on the map receive +25% battle experience temporarily)
- "Are we, are we at peace?"/Gandalf (ability can be applied to allied building, making it temporarily invulnerable)
- "You should have stayed dead"/Elrond (Blows enemies away in a target area (In previous versions this, I think, was a spellbook ability named "Breeze of Manwe")
- "If our enemy has returned, we must know"/Galadriel (Convinces an enemy hero to fight on your side temporarily)
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Nov 2015, 15:26 von DieWalküre »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #17 am: 23. Nov 2015, 22:48 »
well i like you suggestion oh gandalf the white  but the galadriel one dose not make any sense xD

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #18 am: 24. Nov 2015, 05:32 »
I agree with you, but I have some other concept to propose. The white council building could be built as Rivendell settlement where you can't recruit heroes, but use such abilities:

Why should Imladris have several white council settlements? Remember what the team said: its because of that that rangers are outside.

I may say i surrender, there is no way the white could be implemented in the game; only as a map feature:

Rivendel & Dol Guldur, no more.

Also, why Galadriel should ever convert the enemy?

Also if you wanna play as the white guys, try the new fanmade map of the white council! is great!

----------------------------------------------------

Well here is a new proposition!

Its too much, but since the elder days my ideas have been very complex, but ET is awesome sooo:

Its all about a map feature

The Grey heavens:

Imladris: As the elder elven faction, Imladris should be the one to see the arrival of the istari (besides i now the mod is situated at the end of the TA).
*In this map the council of Elrond will be changed to the former Mist or wind of Manwe.
*Also the last alliance will be changed to the Arrival of the istari. BUT... instead of summoning it every where, it will summon a boat (or two or three) in which the five will arrive to the heavens, for a medium period of time. OR a five-ten minute timer & the five will automatically get out -forever- to their journeys.

Lothlórien: In this case it will be different, there we could only summon blessed Galadriel. Because this faction will be the one that leaves. Instead of summoning Radagast, we will be able to summon Gandalf the white (only three abilities, as Radagast), Elrond the white (no vilya), old bilbo & Frodo. This map will be like a mission map (as Isengard's one), after summoning them the only way to win is to put them all in boats & make them leave the map. But if we fail & the enemy destroys the boats, we will loose :( haha

Well also the Dol guldur map, but you know about it! haha

Also but not hoping something, what if a good Isengard map is created, it would be named 'When the light faded'

We will start inside Isengard, automatically with former Edain lvl 10 Saruman the white (no attack techniques & wizard blast blocked); the building plots will be occupied by some gondorian buildings. The gates will be closed until Saruman looks five times in the palantir which will be at orthanc, there whill be a button that will change as Denethor's:

*Leave Sauron to me!: the white wizard dares to use Orthanc stone and  reveals the whole map.
*My will is stronger: Sauron finds Saruman via palantir & tries to convert him. The whole map is revealed but Saruman looses 10% of his health. Wizard Blast becomes available. Two gondorian buildings are destroyed automatically.
*Pictures of disspair: Sauron is overruling the leader of the Istari making him think there is no hope, One light alone in darkness ^^. The whole map is revealed & Saruman looses 20% more of his health. Half of the buildings are destroyed.
*I have seen it: An scripted Gandalf the grey enters the map, Saruman automatically leaves orthanc (we MUST purchase Saruman of many colors) & start fighting his old fellow. (if Gandalf Kills him, the game is over). If Gandalf is killed, the nazgul mini horde will arrive trying to enter isengard. But will die only with the blast of the wizard Blast. All buildings are destroyed.
*Built me an army worthy of Mordor. The whole map is revealed, Rohan starts to attack you & you can start to build isengards buildings.The gate will be open freely.

It should be a 1vs1vs1 The other players should be isengard & rohan. That isengard only will build wildmen & will have 20% of handicap.

OMG its too much but anyways haha i wanted to share my thoughts, maybe if it is not the Edain Team those wonderful mappers can make something ^^

Hope this helps one way or another!
"Viva México"

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #19 am: 1. Dez 2015, 20:15 »

If your concern is lore, then why are Thorin and those Dwarves playable? Several of them were long dead by the time of LOTR.
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Dez 2015, 20:21 von DieWalküre »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #20 am: 1. Dez 2015, 20:20 »

The Blue Mountains faction is exactly set during the Hobbit timeline, and those Dwarves were all alive, coherently with the lore.
Your point is just not valid.

The only Dwarven faction set during the War of the Ring timeline is Erebor.
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Dez 2015, 20:24 von DieWalküre »

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #21 am: 2. Dez 2015, 00:54 »

The Blue Mountains faction is exactly set during the Hobbit timeline, and those Dwarves were all alive, coherently with the lore.
Your point is just not valid.

The only Dwarven faction set during the War of the Ring timeline is Erebor.
I thought you wanted the factions to be around only during the War of the Ring? So Ered Luin and Iron Hills don't make sense based on that lore criteria. If Ered Luin is OK, why not the White Council? They were both active in the time period of The Hobbit. And what about Angmar?

I am not trying to be rude please understand :) I am just confused as to your rationale.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #22 am: 2. Dez 2015, 13:00 »

I'm quite confused too, honestly  :)
I have the feeling that you are putting words in my mouth that I didn't write, and mixing various different matters.

Where did I exactly write that I want all the factions to be necessarily set during the War of the Ring timeline?
There are factions (the majority) which follow the War of the Ring timeline, and others don't, like the Blue Mountains and Angmar.
The problem is that Rivendell is indeed set during the LOTR timeline, and the White Council belongs to the precedent centuries.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #23 am: 2. Dez 2015, 14:38 »
in Walkure s defense he never said that

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #24 am: 2. Dez 2015, 23:29 »

I'm quite confused too, honestly  :)
I have the feeling that you are putting words in my mouth that I didn't write, and mixing various different matters.

Where did I exactly write that I want all the factions to be necessarily set during the War of the Ring timeline?
There are factions (the majority) which follow the War of the Ring timeline, and others don't, like the Blue Mountains and Angmar.
The problem is that Rivendell is indeed set during the LOTR timeline, and the White Council belongs to the precedent centuries.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  :D

Well then just make Rivendell a Hobbit-era faction :P It wasn't really active during LOTR anyways aside from the Council of Elrond.  xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #25 am: 4. Dez 2015, 00:46 »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  :D

Well then just make Rivendell a Hobbit-era faction :P It wasn't really active during LOTR anyways aside from the Council of Elrond.  xD

I think that it won't be possible.

Even though it's obviously true that the majority of the characters of Rivendell is immortal and thus didn't change much from the Hobbit events, Rivendell will have conceptual elements referring to the LOTR timeline as the Council of Elrond spell, and, if I remember correctly, there will be also heroes like Aragorn/Strider with the Northern Rangers and probably old Bilbo as well (this is actually just a speculation, but I really hope it will be real).

Not to mention that the faction itself is conceptually based mainly on the LOTR trilogy, where it and its characters had definitely more space.

Therefore, Rivendell is set during the War of the Ring timeline too  :)

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #26 am: 5. Dez 2015, 20:13 »

Will Strider be recruitable? Or just a summon?
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Dez 2015, 21:37 von Varda Snow-white »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #27 am: 5. Dez 2015, 21:50 »
Will Strider be recruitable? Or just a summon?

I don't really remember if official and specific news about him have already been released.
It might still be a complete mystery  xD

But, the important thing you have to know is that he will be included and Rivendell will probably be set in the War of the Ring timeline  :)