13. Mai 2024, 20:01 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Massive retreat.  (Gelesen 1394 mal)

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
Massive retreat.
« am: 19. Sep 2015, 18:22 »
I think every faction should have some ability to massive retreat. If you see that you will lost battle, you can't do anything, you can't run and all your army will be smashed, only Theoden cursed, have ability retreat skill. If you lost battle, you will lost game if he constantly push. So make some ability to retreat. Already have eagels fear, troll fear, and some champ fear, Boromir stun, but that skill can be used aggressive, we need some just deffensive like Theoden's skill retreat. U could counter this, if u prepare ambush, with horeses, maybe, Give 30% ms to units but they lost 50%resistance for 20sec. If u did well with your horeses You can easly slay enemy in retreat.
I think this suggestion improve gameplay, especially when You are playing mod epic battle.
One battle lost=game is lost. You can't regroup so fast and you are always behind opponent. But if I could retreat my units avoid enemy ambush, my units can regroup near well and build towers and some new units to counter opponents army.
I know You already have a lot of work to do. But fit this in new factions :)
Good luck :)
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
Re: Massive retreat.
« Antwort #1 am: 19. Sep 2015, 18:37 »
Theodens ability is very aggresiv not defensive. You can rush a enemy and he can't counter it.
Zitat
U could counter this, if u prepare ambush, with horeses, maybe, Give 30% ms to units but they lost 50%resistance for 20sec. If u did well with your horeses You can easly slay enemy in retreat.
Mordor , Lorien and Orcs haven't horses.
Zitat
One battle lost=game
I think this suggestion improve gameplay, especially when You are playing mod epic battle.
This isn't true. Do you talk from multiplayer or singleplayer? Because the balance is for skirmish 1v1 not for epic battle.
When you know that you can't win a fight you must retreat and your units will overlive.
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Sep 2015, 18:41 von Skeeverboy »

Whale Sharku

• Dúnadan des Nordens
  • Sie sind wie Plankton für die Sense!
« Antwort #2 am: 19. Sep 2015, 20:13 »
Zitat
your units will overlive.

He wants to express that they will survive. :P
However this discussion seems extremely broad and generalizing so that no real argument can be made about either of both views.

I suggest supporting your massive retreat idea with maybe some examples as well as a brief account of why retreating without such ability is not always possible / insufficent.

gezeichnet
Whale

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Sep 2015, 12:03 »
Zitat
Mordor , Lorien and Orcs haven't horses.
All units have approximately equal movement speed, except horeses. Mordor have nazguls and Morgul riders. I didint see elfes and orcs( Misty Mountains), but I except something that they fit that.
Zitat
This isn't true. Do you talk from multiplayer or singleplayer? Because the balance is for skirmish 1v1 not for epic battle.
When you know that you can't win a fight you must retreat and your units will overlive.
Reason is that why, every time I try to retreat I lost half of my unist while they retreat(While they get formation to start to move, and where is a lot of units that is much slower) so better let them to fight and die they will stop enemy units for some time, and only if u have outpost with 2 towers to stop enemy units if u are outnumbered. He constantly push and his units is lvled up after 1-2 fights. Enemy also gets reinforcement. There is no way to stop them, and with battle ram's (op, they have a lot of resistance to meele attacks) ur base will be destroyed. You lost game. Logicaly is PvP,multiplayer, because AI isnt so smart, to do this to human player :D
I only play skirmish, and I think all modes needs this ability to retreat.

Rohan have powerfull horses, farmers are weak, they cant fight with farmers+archeres alone, so  ambush is only option that rohan win fights. You also can counter ambush with spears. There is a lot of options that you could do, but you cant retreat with succsess.
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 21. Sep 2015, 20:49 »
I think what you really want is an organized retreat where you walk backwards fighting, as opposed to basically the route that happens when you move your army away. I don't think the game engine will support it, and while it would be nice, I think that for the most part PP powers are what you should utilize to retreat with low losses.