28. Apr 2024, 00:34 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should Lord/King Dain get a little boost!?

Lord Dain should have Moderate Knockback and Area DMG while King Dain should get only Knockback!
Lord Dain Should get only Knockback and King Dain too!?
Thorin III Stonehelm(Erebor) should get Knockback and Area DMG and Lord Dain Area DMG and Knockback!
Thorin III Stonehelm(Erebor) should get Knocbackand Lord Dain only Knockback too!
No change is needed!

Autor Thema: Lord/King Dain does he deserve a little boost!?  (Gelesen 7351 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Lord/King Dain does he deserve a little boost!?
« am: 20. Sep 2015, 11:06 »
Hello to all!As I see this days the Forums are way too quiet amd I thought of something that we can discuss! :-)
So I was thinking that most Leaders of a Faction have Knockback and Area DMG like Arvedui,Thorin(trough Balins Runes of course) and some Heroes are not even Leaders but are known for their great physical strength and fighting style like Boromir ! :-)

So my point is that Dain is a Leader of its Factions and is a Dwarf(which are much more powerful physically than Humans) and is an Heir Of Durin is probably even stronger than most Dwarves especially as Lord Dain when he is in his prime!And as one of the Greatest Dwarven Warriors ever and especially during.the Third Age I think he should get some Knockback and Area DMG to represent his Leadership status and Physical Strength with that Mighty War Hammer! :-)

So what do you guys think is it justified and deserved for Dain to get it but not as strong as Durin just some bonus! :-)
Greetings to all and have a great day! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Tienety

• Gast
Re: Lord/King Dain does he deserve a little boost!?
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Sep 2015, 11:55 »
I like this idea. If I know, Iron Hills and Erebor subfactions don't have any hero with knockback but Balin can give knockback and Area DMG for all heroes in Ered Luin. [ugly]

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Sep 2015, 12:51 »
Hmm, well Dain from the Iron Hills does have his boar, so that is a form of knockback I suppose. Although, I
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Sep 2015, 13:02 »
Every mounted Hero has it,we are talking on foot that only leaders and characters who are noted to have great physical strength and similar fighting style! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #4 am: 20. Sep 2015, 13:09 »
Hmm seems the forum cut off my post... I don't feel like typing it again lol
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 20. Sep 2015, 15:55 »
So my point is that Dain is a Leader of its Factions and is a Dwarf(which are much more powerful physically than Humans) and is an Heir Of Durin is probably even stronger than most Dwarves especially as Lord Dain when he is in his prime!And as one of the Greatest Dwarven Warriors ever and especially during.the Third Age I think he should get some Knockback and Area DMG to represent his Leadership status and Physical Strength with that Mighty War Hammer! :-)

Yes, it could be a valuable addition  :)
He can easily 'deserve' this tool as the Leader of his faction, the lore indeed tells us that the Dwarves are obviously overall more resistant against Magic and stronger than Humans, and in BOTFA we clearly saw the display of Dáin's physical Strength in the heat of the Battle.
However, it's crucial that this hypothetical knock back effect remains very 'moderate'; 1-2 units involved, for example.

Hmm, well Dain from the Iron Hills does have his boar, so that is a form of knockback I suppose.

This is the usual 'charge' effect that most of the cavalry units and heroes' Mounts of the game has.

Every mounted Hero has it,we are talking on foot that only leaders and characters who are noted to have great physical strength and similar fighting style! :-)

Or enormous magical powers  :P

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #6 am: 20. Sep 2015, 17:35 »
While it is certainly lorewise a well placed buff / change, I don't really see the purpose strictly gameplay-wise: Of course Dain is a strong warrior, but ingame he has the role of a support (both Dains), therefore at least AoE-damage isn't really at place. I could however agree or support the idea of giving him a small knockback against troups without damaging them (exactly like Boromir) because this form of knockback is practically a cc-effect which supports your own troups by disrupting the enemy. Also this would be a way of not making this feature too dominant or strong as dwarvens already have very strong heroes.
What I like however is the small balancing issue between Iron Hills, Erebor and Ered Luin as with your idea Iron Hills and Erebor would have easier access to knockback. On the other hand: This feature would propably be of better use in the hands of Thorin Stonehelm (is this his english name?), so I am not certain about your proposal, eventhough I like parts of it. :)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #7 am: 20. Sep 2015, 17:52 »
I agree with you my friend!The effect is well deserved and as you say we saw his Raw brute Strentgh not to mention Dwalin lifting big/huge rock which nor Human can lift with ease and Dain is may be stronger than him! :) BUT I do agree that his Are DMG and Knocback DMG should be with middle strentgh not too much to make him too OP but just to display his Prowess in Battle and Physical Strentgh! :)

Thank you for the polite and reasonable reply,I respect your opinion and the facts you stated! :)
Now I think Lord Dain as he is in his Prime should get Both Area and Knockback but with moderate strentgh as Walkure said,while in Erebor as King Dain is already quite old he can have only small knocback(2 units) simillar to Boromir to represent his old age,while I like the idea of his son Thorin III Stonehelm to get at least Are DMG or Konockback or both since he is in his prime by then and is supposed to be rather good Warrior probably Dwalin Level! :)

So basically I think a moderate Knocback and Are DMG for Lord Dain and only Knockback for King Dain OR Knockback and Are DMG for his Son Thorin III Stonehelm which as Melkor said which will good too since by then Thorin is supposed to be well versed and strong warrior! :)

And yes my friend the Strong Magic users deserve it even more to a degree and Galadriel I hope will have too! :) She most ceratinly Knocbacked quite good that Guard in Dol Guldur XDXD XD :D :D :D

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #8 am: 20. Sep 2015, 19:39 »
i think he should have knockback splash dmg because he has a faking war hammer
if you  swing that thing around somebody will hurt BAD

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 20. Sep 2015, 22:14 »
Dain, you successfully broke this "dead" silence on eng part of forum!  ;)

I would say that I like idea and there are lore reasons behind it (as Walk already described above). I must say that I am more for supportive Knocback swing with hammer. :) Mostly because of Dain's current role in game and that is supportive role.
Also I could say that I support this suggestion also:

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #10 am: 21. Sep 2015, 00:45 »
Thank for the support CragLord my friend ! :-)
I hope that more people will take part in the discussion and the Team too will say their opinion after we talk about it! :-)
I really think Dain deserve it and plus I hate to see the Forum so "dead" :(

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #11 am: 22. Sep 2015, 02:38 »

Given these right and valuable considerations related to the gameplay and the lore, I would say that I strongly support, then, a knock back effect with a moderate damage for Lord Dáin of the Iron Hills, with 'only' 1 unit involved (the minimum number, to avoid a possible conflict with Dáin's role as an Unit Supporter in the game).

As Dáin (our Dáin  xD) rightly suggested, the old yet glorious and fierce King Dáin should have the knock back effect as well, without no damage, as an evocative reminder of his past, but still present, Strength and Iron Determination  8-)

I really think Dain deserve it and plus I hate to see the Forum so "dead" :(

Let's say a bit 'sleepy'.
Our own proposals will never fade completely away  ;)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #12 am: 24. Sep 2015, 05:57 »
Thanks to all who expressed their opinion about the matter both for support and against it! :)
I hope that before Voting you will read al lthe reason,lore wise facts and game play balance facts stated for the idea of the boost!
I think I have summorized what we have discussed and agreed on in the Poll above,so if anyone want feel free to Vote there and see what  we the Fans would like and the propose it to the Team! :)

Greetings to all and have a great day! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Sep 2015, 06:54 von LordDainIronfoot »

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #13 am: 24. Sep 2015, 08:07 »
I kindly ask for an option in the poll for "no change", because that is what I would currently vote for.
RPG:

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #14 am: 24. Sep 2015, 08:15 »
I missed that I am sorry I will do it right now! :) My apologizies! :)

But I will still try to convince you to re-think about the matter! :) Even if we put the Lore reasons aside,do you find it apropriate and balacned and even fair if you want that all Ered Luin Heroes can get Knockback and Area DMG plus other Boosts while Erebor and Iron Hills do not have a single Hero who has at least some Moderate Knockback not to mention Are DMG!? :) I just want you think about that for a second my friend!There is lore and balacne into that suggestion that I hope you will understand! :)

Greetings and thank you for the feeddback! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Sep 2015, 08:20 von LordDainIronfoot »