27. Apr 2024, 20:46 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Other implementation of ram riders  (Gelesen 1947 mal)

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Other implementation of ram riders
« am: 15. Okt 2015, 12:23 »
Hello guys, after reading arguments on moddb about ram riders i've got an idea.

One thing that is bothering me is to make travel camp a little bit usefull in early or mid game. Basically , you don't make a travel camp before you are able to build elite units and right now travel camp spams ponnies. What if camps spam rams, you would still be able to send them for an expedition with slaughterers but if you combine them with guardians ( basic infantry), they would mount them and work as a ram riders?

You still have to wait some time for rams , it willl be something special for iron hills. We can look at it as an unique addition ( ered luin has 2 bonus heroes which emphesize their defense or hero focus strategy, erebor has earth shakers as a primary building destroyer faction and iron hills will have ram riders , fast and offensive as a whole faction)

So , what do you guys think about it? :)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Re: Other implementation of ram riders
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Okt 2015, 12:26 »
Zitat
you don't make a travel camp before you are able to build elite units
That was the idea behind the travel camp and finally its intenional.  :)

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Okt 2015, 12:47 »
And it's good :). I am just trying to find some middle ground , cause adding ram riders as a whole unit would be too simple for Edain :D

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #3 am: 15. Okt 2015, 14:32 »
I personally think a triple Ram Rider summon for Dain would be enough similar to summoning Warg Archers, would be a nice variation on Iron Hills King Dain's Level 8 power. Because, I am probably wrong, but Dain Ironfoot's ability was also a summon correct? Like, summoning multiple dwarven realm warriors. Or the Assembly Hall? Anyway, I'd vouch for that. Ram Riders are pretty unique units and it would seem like a waste of good material to not implement them somewhere, to me. It would also make them more exclusive, without changing the major weakness of Dwarves that much: Lack of cavalry.

Battlewagons..ehh, they are a little lackluster, I find. As a supporting unit they have some fantastic upgrades, but they die extremely fast. Perhaps the unit could use some tweaking as well?
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 17. Okt 2015, 00:36 »
I think that two very similar threads concerning the Ram Riders (the second posted the day after the first  [ugly]) and their possible implementation in the game are quite redundant and might create confusion throughout the Dwarven Section, or unnecessarily divide and fragment what could be a very interesting debate for the English Community.

I thus lock this topic, and encourage who is interested in the discussion to follow it on the other thread, which has proven to attract the interest and opinions of more people, also due to a poll that received so far more than 40 votes  :)

http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31921.msg414551.html#msg414551

--- Locked ---