[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Strategy

Tips for Isengard

(1/2) > >>

DrHouse93:
Greetings, companions of the Edain!^^

Recently, I've been playing a lot with a friend of mine, who uses the Dwarves (mainly the Ered Luin or Erebor ones). I play with Isengard (my favourite faction), but I can't defeat him in any way (not even with other factions, and Isengard is the one whom I play best with). I think the problem is the superior standard infantry of the Dwarves, the mines, which provides him upgrade reduction as well as spamming units directly inside my castle, and the freaking forged blades that also deals more damage than normal. Thanks to this, he's also more capable of expanding in the early game. And this is exactly where Isengard and me as well are weak: expanding in the early game. I usually start by building two lumber mills, an Uruk pit, and then I proceed with Isil-Pro's tactic (don't know if you saw one of his videos), which is this: starting units + scout -> destroying creeps, conquering settlements, securing important plots or attacking enemy buildings. However, this doesn't work anytime. So, I'd like to ask you some tips and hints to either go relatively quickly in the midgame as well as building my economy and securing important plots

Hope you can help me^^

Skeeverboy:
At first: Dwarvens are the strongest faction in the moment :D

When I play Isengard I make it the most time so:
Build Lutz Farning, build in the same time the ressourcen buildings in the fortess and attack from the beginning on the Ressources Building of your enemy. When his units will attack your scouts:
Attack the Units with Lutz Farning and Run away fromt them with the Scouts to the next Ressources Building. So he must attack Lutz, or he attack your scouts.
When he attack Lutz: Level him with money, so he will win the fight against the Units.
When he attack the scouts: Attack the Units with your Lutz, and run away with the scouts again to Attack the next Ressources Buildings.
Make it so long untill you have 4 Ressources Buildings. Than make a Uruk-Pit and Level it with the money fromt the Ressources Buildings to level 2.

So you have overlive the EG and destroyed the buildungs of the enemy.

When you have any questions, or don't unterstand something (bad english :D) say it to me :D

Adrigabbro:
Fu*k Bill Ferny, he is boring.
My advice would be NOT to skip early game, but instead to try to pressure him as much as you can with Wildmen. They are quite strong when used correctly. In the meantime, don't forget to get your economy started.
Beware of the late game though: Dwarves can (almost) match Isengard.

Elite KryPtik:
I would say that late game Ered Luin are a match for Isengard, along with Gondor. The difference is that Ered Luin have a weak early game, along with Isengard, while Gondor has a pretty strong early game. Isengards EG is arguably better against Ered Luin because of wild men. I would combine both of the previous posts, get Bill Ferny, and then get Wildmen after that. Bill Ferny's level 10 power is absolutely key to Isengard's early game, stealing 40 resources per hit for roughly 60 seconds can not only boost your economy significantly, it also hurts your enemy quite badly. He also makes very short work of any and all creeps, including trolls and dragons if you're clever.

Adrigabbro:
I am aware of his strength. I just don't like him.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln