11. Mai 2024, 21:25 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Battle lines and formation  (Gelesen 1679 mal)

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
Battle lines and formation
« am: 18. Okt 2015, 04:22 »
So, I came here to ask if is it possible to insert the following modification:
When you press both mouse buttons on the map while having a group of battalions selected, the game allows you to rearrange your units in lines, Spear on front, Sword in the middle, and archers behind. But it doesn't seem to make much sense to me that Cavalry is put on the front, ahead of the Spear even. Can this be changed so Cavalry is dropped behind in the rear of the battle formation rearragement?

Also, and I guess this is impossible or very difficult, but would it be possible to explore the idea of introducing new possible formation options? Right now I don't know what this formations could be, the lines of Spear<Sword<Archer seem to be fitting (apart from the Cavalry problem I mentioned above) but I guess this could be a good tool to tinker with

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: Battle lines and formation
« Antwort #1 am: 18. Okt 2015, 11:38 »
A Triplex Acies sort of formation would be sweet. Though it's probably not possible at all to change such functions :/

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #2 am: 18. Okt 2015, 17:34 »
Not even to put the cavalry in the rear? : (

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #3 am: 18. Okt 2015, 17:36 »
I wish too it was possible to add more formations in the game... but I'm afraid the engine doesn't allow it.

"That still only counts as one!"