27. Apr 2024, 14:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Harad and Rhun Tweaking  (Gelesen 6587 mal)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Harad and Rhun Tweaking
« am: 18. Okt 2015, 21:35 »
Once again the dark lord has struck, he has hit Gondor hard and mercilessly and the body of the guard of the citadel lay, decaying, at his feet. Sadly, his Easterlings have played a very small part, but why?

I find it such a shame that Hardrims don't have archers especially in relation to this quote:
plus that also renders the Mûmakil mounting ability useless. However the rest is great  xD love the Black Easterlings and the elite units vibe.

My suggestions:
-Haradrim archers (maybe they are planned) either from BFME 2 or BFME1 (spearman). This would be a valuable addition making the Mûmakils into walking sentries and adding on to Mordor's expansion policy.
-Mûmakil Mahûd (non-lore accurate)
    Created by The Lord of the Rings Strategy they are the chief Mûmakil rider (the one Eomer kills with his spear). While this is not lore accurate they way i see it is:

Mûmakil Mahûd
Requirement: Tribute Camps must be under Sauron's Influence and Mûmakil must be LV 10.
Effect: The Mûmakil gains a Mûmakil Mahûd: this provides all nearby allied Mûmakil with a attack bonus against cavalry and resistance to spikes. This works similar to the thrall system: the Mahûd cannot be personally targeted but if he is to be killed the Mûmakil instantly dies. This would require for the team to create a new design for level 10 Mûmakil under Sauron's influence.

What do you all think too op? No suitable because of lore accuracy?Just right? Too risky?

Bonus: Mumakil Leadership Icon
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • This is SauronlordoftheEarth from modb LOVE EDAIN!
Re: Harad and Rhun Tweaking
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Dez 2015, 09:23 »
I like it i think it may be a little bit to overpowered but with some minor tweaks this idea could be just right. Also this could be added into the game in a new faction a Harad/Rhun faction! That would be a dream come true for me, i have always wanted a Evil Men faction  :)
There is only one lord of the rings, only one who can bend it to his will, and he does not share power!

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Dez 2015, 19:55 »
Some time ago there was try of discussion about Haradrim archers.

Older topic: Link

I am personally for adding those archers in game, I really don't know what situation is now in game concerning those archers, but I think team had some graphical problems when tried to add them on mumakil. So if they are on mumakil when we use power, mumak comes and there were some graphical errors on him on places where archers should be. I think this was earlier problem.
I am also so hardly for this change, if there is problems when archers are on mumak in their starting position, maybe this could be evaded if they appear on ground when we use power. Later we could mount them?
Also I really find totally wrong situation that we in game can mount orcs on mumakil.
I really find this out of place and lore facts.
Only Haradrim was able to mount mumakils, and that should also stayed in this game.
Because of that I am against possibility of adding orc on mumakil.

Concerning your suggestion about Mûmakil Mahûd, that is passive ability (somekind of mumakil leadership) which would be unlocked on level 10? I don't have anything against it, but I presume it is matter of balance at first place.

Regards,
CragLord

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #3 am: 9. Dez 2015, 05:09 »
As I've said, I don't know why ET didn't add the archers, they probably have their reasons, but it will really expand on the Haradrim gameplay.Archers will have to be only in battalions of 5 (plus banner carrier), I've noticed that if a bigger battalion mounts the mumakil then the rest of the troops are put on the trunk.

As for the Mumakil Mahud it just sounded like a idea that could work to me. It's mostly just to expand the gameplay of the mumakils, giving the player a reward for keeping his mumakil alive, I also think that it would be nice if the leaderships could stack, because even though it seems OP, how many mumakils can you actually get if you rush for that power? 4-5? and how many can you get to level 10? 2-3?
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 9. Dez 2015, 13:38 »
As I have told you, there was graphical bugs on mumakil when mumak arrived with archers on it. So, right now mumakil arrived with empty cargo, so there is no animation graphical bugs.
I agree with you about those Haradrim archers and their number. ;)
But probably if they are going to be in that reinforcements on foot, there won't be graphical bugs, but I am not sure will be when they try to mount mumak. xD

Also concerning that Mumakil Mahud. it sounds really interesting. :)
I must say, you have a point in view of keeping mumakils alive and about their numbers. So yes, I like idea of this leadership in someway.
I wanted to say you in my previous comment, effects of that leadership is probably matter of balance. :) That's all. :)

Greetings,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Dez 2015, 14:18 von CragLord »

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #5 am: 9. Dez 2015, 16:19 »
Can't we please use all of this stuff for a future Harad faction? Their coming is inevitable :P
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Branchez

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Captain-General/ High Warden of the White Tower
« Antwort #6 am: 14. Dez 2015, 15:42 »
I am very dissapointed that Men of the East and South don't have their own faction but I understand why that is. It would be just better if you could create some of their units like in bfme1.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #7 am: 14. Dez 2015, 16:10 »
Be patient. These factions are very good contenders for new factions for when ET has released all 9 existing factions.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #8 am: 14. Dez 2015, 16:17 »
Can't we please use all of this stuff for a future Harad faction? Their coming is inevitable :P

Very probable, I would say, out of speculation and logic.
But, nothing is really defined, for now, like in a misty aura of mystery...  xD

I am very dissapointed that Men of the East and South don't have their own faction but I understand why that is. It would be just better if you could create some of their units like in bfme1.

Wait, don't be so negative and judgemental, nothing official has been said so far by the Edain Team, neither announcing their presence nor rejecting this idea.
The concept of the Evil Men faction exists only in speculations and fan suggestions, but not at all yet as an Edain suggestion, in the English forum at least; the common policy of the Moderators has been so far the one of locking every thread involving this matter (a possible faction of the Evil Men), that was presented as an Edain suggestion, as it is not really logical discussing about something that is not defined, not even in its general boundaries or as hints and announced plans of the Edain Team.

There are still the remaining factions that need to be released; the actual official factions of the Edain Mod.
They have thus the priority.

This is not a taboo topic, but it should be better beginning to discuss about it in the near future, after the Edain 4.0 is finally completed.
So, as I have advised multiple times about the BOTFA Iron Hills units, waiting is just the most suitable answer  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Dez 2015, 16:30 von Varda »

Branchez

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Captain-General/ High Warden of the White Tower
« Antwort #9 am: 14. Dez 2015, 20:30 »
Hmm it seems I misunderstood something. I thought that it is not possible to have more factions in the game, after these announced are released.

I am neither negative nor judgemental. Not judging anything. I stated that I understand why it is this way. And that's it.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #10 am: 14. Dez 2015, 22:33 »
Hmm it seems I misunderstood something. I thought that it is not possible to have more factions in the game, after these announced are released.

I am neither negative nor judgemental. Not judging anything. I stated that I understand why it is this way. And that's it.

You stated that you understood why it was that way.
But, the problem is that, as you wrote, you had misunderstood things and that things are not that way  :)

My comment had only the purpose to explain things more clearly, and that you shouldn't be disappointed at all, nor judge things this way.
But it's not obviously your fault if you didn't know this, as it can happen to anyone.

So, even though nothing is so sure yet, the future surely holds much more surprises  ;)

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #11 am: 1. Jan 2016, 08:03 »
I really like the idea of adding archers to Haradrim reinforcements; it indeed is more suitable for them (instead of two cavalry battalions).

One more thing: "Mûmakil Mahûd" should be renamed Mûmak Mahûd, since Mûmakil is plural of a Mûmak. And I do find the idea interesting :)
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Jan 2016, 14:15 von WarOfTheRingVeteran »