1. Mai 2024, 16:44 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Do You agree with this suggestion?

Yes, I agree.
1 (11.1%)
No
8 (88.9%)
Just in some parts.
0 (0%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 9

Umfrage geschlossen: 18. Nov 2015, 21:52

Autor Thema: Heroes of Erebor  (Gelesen 2576 mal)

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
Heroes of Erebor
« am: 19. Okt 2015, 22:52 »
Hi everyone, I make pool because I want to know how many of you agree with me. No option like/dislike :/ , but we have pool.

I prefer Erebor before the desolation of  Smaug, while Thror was the King under the mountain. So, now in Erebor Hero pool we have, Gloin, Gimli, King Dain, Old Bilbo, Thorin III. My suggestion:

1.King Thror instead King Dain (Unit and economy supporter).

Thror's skills similar to Dain's skills, maybe even same. But there is difference coz Thror was litle bit  in better position to have "economy strength" than Dain. Thror skills  could be other topic. Cost could be same, Dain is very balanced now so if stats and ability isn't changed to Thror, cost could be same. I have suggestion for Thror skills if u are interested :D
1. Lvl 1. ability: King of Erebor. Passive aura: Give units 25% damage and armor. (If u can make that scales with Mine Shaft, one Mine Shaft 10%, two 15%...6 Mine Shaft 35% damage and armor)
2. Lvl 3. ability: Thror Greed. Incrase Mine Shaft production for 300% for 3 min and after that 3 min, would be self-destroyed Mine Shaft, could be used only for out-base Mine Shaft.
3. lvl 6. Ability: Blessing of the Thror. Units get fearless and immune to knock-back.

4. lvl. 8 Ability: Defend The Halls!. Same effect as Dains Defend The Halls!.
5. lvl 10. Ability: Throne of Erebor. Passive: Thrain and Thror get Dwarvish axe and gets bonus dmg. Active: Thrain and Thror are able to knock back enemy, maybe, splash dmg, 2-3 unit near.
If u include this, u could nerf his base stats and dmg of his skills. But this is surely more funny and more playable.

2.Thrain II. instead Thorin III.(Sige and buildings(Master of runes) supporter/tank+litle mass slayer)

Because we already have Thorin III. in Iron Hills subfaction. Thrain have one of the seven Dwarves Ring of Power, so he could use his Ring to instead Thorin III. runes. That could make senes more than Balin and Thorins runes. Now Thorins skills are little bit useless ecept runes. Thats also make sense becuase he have his Master of Runes. So buff Thrain as Thror's son with better skills for cost of removing Gloin(he have mass slay ability) from Hero pool. That also make sense becuse u have one stronger hero instead two normal. So Thrain skills could be:
1. Master of Runes
2. Lvl 1. Ability: Blast of the Ring. He could do splash dmg like blast of wizad in Rotwk.
3. Lvl 3. Ability: Lord of the lonly mountain. Same as the Gloin skill.
4. Lvl 7. Ability: "name" . Summon two permamment Erebor Catapult.
5. Lvl 10. Ability: Throne of Erebor. Passive: Get armor similar to the Mithril armor. Active: Thror and Thrain get invulable for 30 sec. (You tide father and son, and this could be some + tank abitlty for Thror)
Cost could be around 2300-2600, depends of his base stats.

3. Gimli could stay same. They need mass slayer + Thrain mass slay, that could be even Ered Luin, Balins Master of Runes ( Wraith+Faith) + and Dwalin.

4. Old Bilbo is good for now, he is scout, so he dont need change, coz he dont have high impact in Erebor playstyle. Just put in his voice .

5. King Brand also fits in this lore, so dont change him.

They were in same time in same place. Brand, Thror, Thrain. Just old Bilbo and Gimli came later. Buffs for Thror (King Dain) and Thrain. I read too topic that most player prefer Ered Luin, because they have Balins Master of  runes, mass slayer(wraith+faith+power). This could bring balance. Here could be some u think op buffs, but they have -1 hero, so 2 hero could kill 1 hero. So buffs because of that.
Erebor, was the greatest kingdom of Dwarves, they have a lot of gold, so thier playstyle should be more about harvesting more resouces/gold. Ered Luin have Thorin Okenshield passive lvl 5. to farm and get bonus gold. Iron Hills and Erebor (richest Dwarven kindom) dont have some source for bonus gold.

This Hero pool, i think is more playable and have more senes. U have a lot of materials for this champs (Hobbit movie). If u accept this suggestion, we get unique Erebor. (Thorin III, Dain, Gloin, are still there. :) )
I know u have a lot of work to do, to fit new faction ( Lothlorien, Rivendel(Imladris), Angmar, Misty Mountains), i would be like to discuss about this topic if u see some hole.
sorry for bad english, but i spend days and days to make this topic, good as better I can. Coz i am playing around 3h every day this mod and studied about Dwarves in http://tolkiengateway.net/ :)

I greet You all :) and thanks for reading and voting :D
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
Re: Heroes of Erebor
« Antwort #1 am: 19. Okt 2015, 23:04 »
Zitat
I make pool because I want to know how many of you agree with me
I make pool to swim in...  :D :D :D

*irony off

Edain is settled in Hobbit/ War of the Ring timeline (exception: Angmar; and Arnor as map feature to Gondor) and it will always stay that way.

By the way: Thror and Thrain exist in the game data. You can add them in maps or War of the ring mode, if you like them.
In some older version (even before 3.81 if I remember correct) there was an own Edain campaign which dealed with the dwarves running from Erebor after Smaugs attack.
Maybe in some far future this campaign will be made compatible to version 4 of Edain Mod, then you´ll be able to play Thrain and Thror and other dwarven heroes of that time in original Edain.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #2 am: 19. Okt 2015, 23:10 »
Hello and welcome! :)

I wan't to tell you that I really do not agree and do not like this idea for quite few Reason which I will state in a minute!And I think that the Team itself will feel the same about some things but of course that is for them to decide! :)

Now first I want to tell you that really love and like Thror and Thrain II as Characters and Designs from the Movie and would love to see them in any way in the Mod,but that will be most likely in the Campaign in Far Future! :)

Now back on Topic! :)
You see this Mod Covers mostly the Time Period of the Hobbit and the War of the Ring and Erebor under the Rule of King Thror was quite some time before the events in the Hobbit or the LOTR which I think the Team will say too! :)
Another not lore wise and conceptual thing is mixing Heroes from different Times Periods again(and just to tell you Durin is different he is belived to reincarnate so...) ,at the Rule of Thror there is no Gimli,nor King Brand yet alone Old Bilbo who I think like Gimli wasn't even Born yet let alone to be Old :D You get what I mean I hope and not in an offensive way! :)

I will not go in detail about the Abilities since I do not find thre concept itself good and apropritate for Edain Mod at least,but I will note that the Dwarven Rings of Power didn't have any Magical Powers and such so a Splash like Wizard Blast is neither lore friendly nor logical and conceptual with the Dwarven Nature! :)

I hope you will see my logic and objectivness on the matter,I do not want to be rude or anything I am jsut stagin my personal opinion on your idea! :) While it sounds good on paper,I doubt it is fitting for Edain Mod but as I said that is to the Team to decide not me! :)

Greetings and best regars from the Lord of the Iron Hills! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #3 am: 19. Okt 2015, 23:49 »
Thanks for reply, korner.

Zitat
I make pool to swim in...  :D :D :D
hahahahahahahahahahahah
bad english, I woudnt fix that, let people laugh :D

Zitat
Edain is settled in Hobbit/ War of the Ring timeline (exception: Angmar; and Arnor as map feature to Gondor) and it will always stay that way.
There is only 60 years, Thror and Thrain lived in same time as Dain :D

Thanks for reply Dain.

Zitat
at the Rule of Thror there is no Gimli,nor King Brand yet alone Old Bilbo who I think like Gimli wasn't even Born yet let alone to be Old
I think Girion instead King Brand.  Bilbo is scout hero for each three subfaction, that could be changed. Gimli, replaced too.
Maybe Gimli could be mass slayer for Rivendel. Elrodnd council and Fellowship.
Zitat
the Dwarven Rings of Power didn't have any Magical Powers and such so a Splash like Wizard Blast

he could smash them with axe, but effect same as wizad blast rotwk(custom hero ability)
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #4 am: 19. Okt 2015, 23:53 »
]
It couldn't be said better^^
For all the abovementioned reasons, this thread is closed, as i can grantee that Erebor is and always will be set during WotR. Soo no Thror  xD