27. Apr 2024, 21:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Heroes Recruitible From 3 Plot Outposts  (Gelesen 2637 mal)

Aragorn_Frodo

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Have No Fear, ARAGORN_FRODO Is Here!
Heroes Recruitible From 3 Plot Outposts
« am: 27. Okt 2015, 20:35 »
Why in 4.0, unlike in BFME1, are heroes not buildable from the 3 plot outposts?  It would solve some problems concerning heroes in War of the Ring mode, and in a skirmish, all the player is really getting out of this as an advantage in skirmish is time. The time it will take for the hero to move from the base to the outpost. In the end, it is not much of an advantage, just a little less annoying by not having to move your heroes as far.

Also, it would be interesting to play in maps where the starting points are these outposts, and you have to pick an option of choosing the unique outpost for the faction, or choosing the standard 3 plot outpost. The only way to expand would be to move out and conquer other lands, giving these maps much more of a guerrilla warfare feel.

Let's See what you think.

Just wondering, because these maps were my favorite type in BFME1.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: Heroes Recruitible From 3 Plot Outposts
« Antwort #1 am: 27. Okt 2015, 21:13 »
BFME1 was/is and extremely old game, with very basic mechanics compared to Edain.
With that out of the way:
_The first point about WotR; First there isn't any real "hero problem" in WotR.
The whole idea of the new system is to make the living world the place where you actually create and manage your army, and the RealTimeBattle where you do the fighting without giving much focus on the economy and training units.
Some weird things with WotR and heroes (such as Sauron's issue) will be figured out along the way. But making all heroes recruitable from the outpost is certainly not a solution.

_ The second point; such maps with only outposts are very unreliable (almost impossible) to make due to some core game mechanics related to the Citadel (Sauron's influence for one).
Also it's impossible to make the game start then give you a choice of what you want to start with (special or standard outpost) because you MUST start with an actual building and not a mere flag.

Moreover, I've already stated in my comment on MODDB that giving the standard outpost the ability to make heroes like the Citadel would put more value in it over the special one (this is a very important point, especially in competitive gameplay).
Forget about BFME1, as much as Edain is a "back to the roots" it's still a totally different game with a whole different mentality after it.
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Okt 2015, 08:07 von hoho96 »

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #2 am: 29. Okt 2015, 06:29 »
Poll removed because it's not providing any real feedback.
It's recommended that people engage in active expression of what they think in a written form rather than a poll that only reflects a Yes/No situation.

For example, there have been no counter argument to my earlier points about the topic.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #3 am: 29. Okt 2015, 08:58 »
I agree with hoho96's second point and acknowledge the first point. It would be nice to be able to do that as it is such a shame to not see any maps where you only starts on outposts as they really gave a challenge of off and would be interesting to play with mordor to say the least.

But I do understand that there is a lot of complications due to the game's core. A solution to that would be implement a new building for each faction that can only be built on outposts and that recruits the heroes for each faction. However that would require a sizeable amount of work and might cause new issues.

As for counter-arguments, well it's hard to counter facts (point 2) and as of the WoTR I can't say much but I'll have a look at it.I do agree that the Real Time should only be for battles and shouldn't require the player to develop a full economy that would then be lost.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

kai69

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 29. Okt 2015, 10:49 »
I agree with hoho but also think that its better if you can only recruit them from your main base. Heroes are very usefull in this mod and I think it would be better to not have them on the battlefield so quicly when you finally manage to kill them, so both you and your oponent have the chance to advance and push the line. This way you also have to look after them so they dont die, making them more valuable.
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Okt 2015, 10:54 von kai69 »

Aragorn_Frodo

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Have No Fear, ARAGORN_FRODO Is Here!
« Antwort #5 am: 29. Okt 2015, 14:11 »
First: The point of this was not to necessarily argue a point, but just to see what people thought about the idea.

Second: If you want me to counter your points, of course I will try  :)

To Hoho:
1.  I actually would personally enjoy War of the Ring mode more if it was how you suggested, and the player only has his resources made out of real time to fight.  I think these will be really entertaining.  But at the moment that is not how WotR battles are fought, in the current system, and it is really annoying when a hero is killed and you cannot revive him.  When I fight real time battles in WotR in 4.1.2, I just try to expand across the map more than my opponent, eventually just beating them off my domination of the map.
2. This is just a technical issue.  I'm sure that if this type of map wanted to be adopted, the Edain team could find a way to make it work.
3. Again, this is just a balancing issue that could be fixed with the right amount of effort if the Edain team was interested in implementing the system into the game.  But of course I don't know for sure, I'm not a beta tester.   ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 29. Okt 2015, 14:32 »
First: The point of this was not to necessarily argue a point, but just to see what people thought about the idea.

I know, it is clear that you wanted other people to share their opinions with you about your proposal.

Just, I agree with hoho96 that, probably, a poll wasn't the best option to begin with.
Sometimes, it's definitely better exposing and discussing something in details (especially if there are some 'technical' matters involved), or considering deeply possible opposed arguments, before suddenly giving the opportunity to vote in what could turn out to be a counterproductive or not very useful poll  :)