27. Apr 2024, 23:02 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: should durin get forefathers ability from hs 3.3 summons old dwarves like thor  (Gelesen 5817 mal)

Aule the creator

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
i really want to see thror from the movie and thrain ll i want to see the edain team work on these heroes the edain team doesnt want to put them because they are dead they dont fit in the timeline of the movies so since they are dead i think durin should get his ability from heroe submod 3.3  dont need to many abilities and they dont have to be that strong they could be like fili and kili  just 2 different heroes for each faction like for example thror and fror for erebor and for ered luin thrain ll and nar and for iron hills gror and nain this would be very amazing like i dont want to wait for heroe sub later on cause they cant do it like the edain team you guys are just one of a kind i will really love if u guys work on thror and thrain ll from the movie and the other four could be like elfhelm u guys can work on them from scratch . this could be durins ability to bring them back for a certain amount of time or permanetly everyone should look into this

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
I don't agree with this suggestion. 
For one, those heroes will be in the campaign when it is eventually released.  More importantly, I do not see any purpose to this ability beyond the argument that it is cool.  It doesn't make sense lore wise, and doesn't fill in any purpose for Durin.  The ability would just exist for no important reason, and to add this the team would have to remove another, more valuable and interesting ability.

Aule the creator

i think it will be his best ability cause they will have their own ability and they could have abilities for theyre faction like ered luin armor thrainll can give units the charge make them glo make units invunerable and gor can make building like have u even played the hero sub mod and they would be amazing to see iron foot and thorin in battle with theyre fathers and granfathers

its the same way galadriel summons frodo and sam they are just one faction and they get 2 extra heroes with ring, since dwarves are split into 3 thats why i say 2 heroes for each. i think way more people will play it and this will just take the mod too a next level like if they are gonna be in campaign might as well just put them in theskirmish as ability of Resurrection those 6 heroes can really show the might of the dwarves in different ways
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Okt 2015, 11:39 von Ealendril »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
I agree helloa2134, while I'm not the most versed in Dwarven history I can tell you from the little I know that this won't fit in the lore and/or the ET mindset for the mod. While it may seem frustrating that some suggestions make it through one must understand that if everybody were able to put their suggestions the mod would look very messy.

I would also like to add, with all respected intended, that your OP is quite messy. When presenting a suggestion it is important to structure the post so as to make it clear for the reader. Using punctuation, capitalization and paragraphing.  You only have two periods in that whole paragraph and on of them is for a version number.

Indirectly quoting Lord of Mordor: Not structuring well you post could give out the wrong idea on an otherwise good suggestion.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
As I have said  I really love Thror and Thrain II and Nain even more but they simply do not fit in Edain Time Lines and preferences and to be honest in this case mine too! :)

Durin has such an amazing set of Abilities that I would hate to lose one of them just for Hero Summoning!And summoning Thror and Thrain II is not even lore logical in any way!

For Thror and Thrain II and Nain I have made long ago a suggestion about new Ultimate Dwarven Spell where you can summon 2 Battalions of Erebor Soldiers with Thror and Thrain II leading them and 1-2 Battalions of Iron Hills Soldiers led by Nain father of Dain to represent the Great War between Dwarves and Orcs and this way we could ge to see those Heroes outside of the Campaign but sadly the Fans and the Team didn't like and approved the idea and it was rejected! :)

So sadly Thror and Thrain II will be only Campaign Heroes for the future! :) But still I am looking forward them! :)

Greetings and best regards! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Aule the creator

i know they dont fit in the time line but they are still amazing and people will still love to see them and i understand what u guys are trying to say thats why i was suggesting that we give durin his forefathers ability where he Resurrects 2 of the dwarves from that faction or it could be a spell like lord dain suggested that would be nice as long as u summon 2 different dwarves for each faction and i know im not using proper grammar but i just want to put it out instead of making it all perfect for them to just lock it and not letting the fans get their opinions out iron foot i know you want to see this as much as me everyone should just brain storm on this i think this will really bring the dwarven faction to life more then it already is  (**)

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
[...] and i know im not using proper grammar but i just want to put it out instead of making it all perfect for them to just lock it and not letting the fans get their opinions out iron foot i know you want to see this as much as me everyone should just brain storm on this [...]
Uhmmm... ok, but didn't you get your opinion out just now? I'm slightly confused...

I personally wouldn't like this to be in the mod for reasons already stated, but CMG will probably stay with this system in his submod. So you can always play the submod if you want to see Thrain and Thror ,you'll just have to wait for him to release a version compatible to 4.0.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
i would like to see them only in the story or another timeline like you know erebor in the  passt thing you know 4 factions of the dwarfs xD
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Okt 2015, 15:57 von Gandalf The Gray »

Aule the creator

i dont understand how you guys wouldnt wanna see these dwarves done by the edain team. everyone keeps saying timeline we established that already durin should Resurrect the old dwarven heroes like in heroe sub mod 3.3(hes the ring hero) or a dwarven spell like when u summon rohan this will be perfect cause durin is kind of crapy compared to the other ring heroes and its not like im saying add more heroes to the fort u have to find gollum for this or it could be a spell like lord dain suggested and the heroes dont have to be on the battle field permanetly they could have time limit

Aule the creator

[...] and i know im not using proper grammar but i just want to put it out instead of making it all perfect for them to just lock it and not letting the fans get their opinions out iron foot i know you want to see this as much as me everyone should just brain storm on this [...]
Uhmmm... ok, but didn't you get your opinion out just now? I'm slightly confused...

I personally wouldn't like this to be in the mod for reasons already stated, but CMG will probably stay with this system in his submod. So you can always play the submod if you want to see Thrain and Thror ,you'll just have to wait for him to release a version compatible to 4.0.

i dont want to play the old version i want them to be in 4.0 the normal gameplay and i dont think the edain team works with hero sub mod so the heros wont come out the same only the edain team can make this happen and they dont have to be op heros they could be like araphant or elf helm make a new out post or something maybe they could make a hall of kings
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Nov 2015, 23:00 von DieWalküre »

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
It is technically not possible to implement different spells for the different dwarven realms in the spellbook

Durin is said to be reborn along the dwarves now and then, apart from him the dwarves die and stay dead. There is no possibility for them to be resurrected.

If you like Thror and Thrain so much, just implement them in a map you like playing, it´s actually quite easy. They are already in the game data, only need to use them.
Even more easy is adding them as starting units in a war of the ring mode game. You can use them in every real time battle yo play in that mode!

If the (re)implementation of the campaign takes long time (I guess so), maybe one could build a special map with a setting at Erebor before Smaugs attack. That would have Thror and Thrain in the game.

Otherwise: I´m against implementing those dead dwarven heroes into the game.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep

Sums it up
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Nov 2015, 22:55 von DieWalküre »
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Aule the creator

i dont know how to put them on a map do you mind telling me how and im not quite sure i can make them like the edain team  and it not just thror and thrain its 2 for every faction of the dwarves only the edain team can make this happen i want to see thror in king armor next to king dain and durin is ring hero he should be able to bring them back that ring has godly powers these heroes need part in this game if they make hero sub mod amazing imagine in the legit game and the nice artwork i want there abilities to be legit
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Nov 2015, 22:58 von DieWalküre »

Aule the creator

all these heroes can have one ability and they dont have to be on the battlefield permanently even tho that would be nice cause you know its not that easy to find the ring especially with dwarves cause they slow and {gollum use ability to conceal and run ) but yeah i think youll be able to show the difference of the dwarven realms like some of the abilities you guys used in the campaign were perfect like thrain with charge and thror with invulnerability even tho he gets his head choped and gror and nain i think nain father of dain should ride a boar as well and summon bad ass boar riders

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
- download FinalBig

- open the _edain_data.big

- navigate to "data/ini/campaigns/common/livingworldstartingunits.inc

- rename the file to ".... .ini" so you can work on it

- navigate to the section "Dwarven starting armies"

- add the heroes you want for example like this:

- rename the file as ".... .inc" when you are done!

- save it

- maybe you shoul save the original file somewhere else so that you can replace it in case something is not working

now you will have Durin, Thor and Thrain in every War of the Ring campaign when you choose dwarves.
This can be done with every unit/ hero in the game, you just need to find his defined name. You can add Mumakils, Sauron, whatever you want into every faction you want.

Have fun!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
and i know im not using proper grammar but i just want to put it out instead of making it all perfect for them to just lock it and not letting the fans get their opinions out

No one is awaiting in the Darkness to savagely lock everyone's threads for one's minimum mistake and to not 'let fans get their opinions out', since this very website is made alive exactly by different opinions, discussions and proposals.

But, as for many other things, there are also precise rules and boundaries that should be followed, for the sake of your own proposals (decent grammatical and logical cohesion, but absolutely not strict perfection), primarily, and to make sure that all the others find the easiest and most comfortable 'environment' to express themselves (no repetitive or pointless threads, meaningless discussions, hateful debates,...) and meaningfully contribute to the whole Edain Community.

Most of the times, if a thread has been locked, there probably is a valid and legitimate reason behind it, rather than a supposed Moderators' Cruelty  :)

Aule the creator

im new to this by the way. thanks for letting me know and if i just add them they still wont come out the way i want them to,  i want edain team to make them maybe like tauriel on certain maps but i want thrain and thror from movies and the other 4 gror, nain, nar and fror i would really like them to be part of the full game and durin isnt as mighty as the other ring heroes but i think with 2 of his sons for each faction would really be nice they should give durin a palantir and the only other ability can be resurrection like people should just post ideas or images for there abilities and weapons

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
im new to this by the way. thanks for letting me know and if i just add them they still wont come out the way i want them to,  i want edain team to make them maybe like tauriel on certain maps but i want thrain and thror from movies and the other 4 gror, nain, nar and fror i would really like them to be part of the full game and durin isnt as mighty as the other ring heroes but i think with 2 of his sons for each faction would really be nice they should give durin a palantir and the only other ability can be resurrection like people should just post ideas or images for there abilities and weapons

The problem is: (nearly) no one else wants them permanently in the game, as they just don´t fit into the timeline, as mentioned several times before.

How is Durin NOT one of the mightiest ring heroe in the game???

All other factions can only "upgrade" an existing hero while dwarves get extra hero on top! That´s a big advantage aside Durin himself being very strong.
I´d say he is best ring hero after Sauron...

Aule the creator

hes is not better then sauron and all ai spam against dwarves and actual players love spaming so its hard for the dwarves to push foward they need a lil boost like reviving the old fathers cause aragorn and gandalf are just to strong aragorn ability wipe out heroees and so does sauron destiny sword im not the only one who wants to see this its just you guys keep saying the same thing about the timeline its clear you guys dont like the dwarves but the dwarves are just weak at the moment those heroes would just mae the game a hole lot better and more people would play 4.0

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
Zitat
its clear you guys dont like the dwarves
dwarves are my favourite faction, so this does not apply.

Zitat
dwarves are just weak at the moment
they are not

Zitat
hes is not better then sauron
correct. which is why I said Durin is for me the second strongest ring hero after Sauron. But: should anybody in the game be more powerfull then Sauron?? I don´t think so...

Zitat
all ai spam against dwarves and actual players love spaming
So what? This affects every faction. Everyone spams against every faction.

Zitat
aragorn and gandalf are just to strong aragorn ability wipe out heroees
what does that have to do with Durin or the implementation of other dead dwarves??

Zitat
im not the only one who wants to see this
No one said that.

Zitat
those heroes would just mae the game a hole lot better
That´s your opinion. Several people now already told you the opposite.

Zitat
more people would play 4.0
I highly doubt it.
Edain is already the only last active, massive mod for RotWk. Nearly everyone who wants to play a mod/ knows that mods exist for that game/ knows about the exist of Edain does already play Edain mod.
The mod won´t gain any additional user only by implementing those dead dwarves.
And furthermore: if it were true - who cares about that?

Aule the creator

the dwarves really need this mordor and rohan spam and isen and gondor  like the dwarves need a lil boost this will be perfect like its imppossible that u are a dwarf fan and u are disagreeing to see these amazing dwarves in action i think this will be perfect for durin     i think we should make a poll and let them vote

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Aule the creator, I think that you have already been exhaustively answered by other people about the reason the heroes you mentioned can't and won't be implemented in the game, if not in the Campaign or in a future Submod.

Also, I really feel that this discussion is getting too much dispersive, involving other completely different matters like the balance concerning the Dwarves related to the other factions.
Not to mention that the main reasons of this proposal have never really been backed and sustained by constructive and effective arguments other than stating that something is 'awesome', another thing is 'crappy' or the other factions are 'spam'.
I sincerely suggest you organise better, in the future, the elements behind an idea you want to expose, and express them with more suitable explanations.

For the reasons stated above, I lock this thread.

--- Locked ---