27. Apr 2024, 19:00 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Italian translation project!  (Gelesen 3095 mal)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
Italian translation project!
« am: 28. Okt 2015, 18:44 »
Greetings, companions of the Edain^^

Together with a friend, I was planning to make an Italian translation of the Edain Mod, some days after the release of patch 4.2, to make the mod available and easy to understand for any Italian player out there which is not so good in understanding English^^
So I wished to extend the participation to anyone who's willing to join the project^^
The work isn't hard by itself, it's mainly long, because we should translate 2,5 Mb in strings. By the way, if we can split the work between all the participants, it will be much more easy (especially if we're many)

Finally, we can also send our work to the Edain Team, which could make it an official translation^^
So what do you think? Would you like to give your support to ET, as well as to other users out there, by giving me an hand?

Let me know if you're interested^^

kai69

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Italian translation project!
« Antwort #1 am: 29. Okt 2015, 11:00 »
Im sorry, I dont speak italian, but out of curiosity, do you need any modding skills to translate it? Or you only have to open one file where all the texts are in and change them?

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #2 am: 29. Okt 2015, 11:50 »
Precisely, you just need to extract the correct file and translate it :)
The only skill required is knowledge of the language^^

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 29. Okt 2015, 11:52 »
Nice idea. If you have some finish stuff or need some help with technical questions: tell us.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #4 am: 29. Okt 2015, 12:52 »
Thank you Ealendril^^ Consider that our idea was to sent to you the translation, once done^^
By the way, I looked both inside the englishpatch201.big file and in another post concerning this, but I'd still wish to be sure: do I have to extract the lotr.str file, translate the strings, and then pack it inside the italianpatch201.big file? (Even if there's a file named lotr.csfl inside it)

kai69

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 18. Nov 2015, 17:26 »
What files do you have to open to begin translating? And what programme do you need to open them? Im curious about it...

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 18. Nov 2015, 17:41 »
Zitat
By the way, I looked both inside the englishpatch201.big file and in another post concerning this, but I'd still wish to be sure: do I have to extract the lotr.str file, translate the strings, and then pack it inside the italianpatch201.big file? (Even if there's a file named lotr.csfl inside it)
Didnt saw the question, yet. Yes, thats the right way.

Zitat
What files do you have to open to begin translating? And what programme do you need to open them? Im curious about it...
You need finalbig and you have to open the englishpatch201.big. There is a file called lotr.str inside, which you can open and edit with the normal text-editor.

kai69

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 18. Nov 2015, 22:18 »
Thanks Earendil, so you only have to change what appears between the quotation marks?

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #8 am: 18. Nov 2015, 22:22 »
Yes, only the text between the quotation marks.
If you change the title above, you will get a missing error ingame.

kai69

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 18. Nov 2015, 22:33 »
And I just have to ignore the strange signs like this "Wings of Darkness (&C)"? I mean that (&C).

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #10 am: 18. Nov 2015, 22:40 »
Those parts are the shortcuts. Ingame you'll just see a "(C)". The "&" just means that the next letter is a shortcut for this ability/building/whatever.

kai69

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #11 am: 19. Nov 2015, 01:06 »
I see, well, thanks for the help.