28. Apr 2024, 06:34 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Options for the Iron Ballista, from BotFA Extended Edition

Add in the ballista, exactly as it appears in the film, alongside current catapult?
Add in the ballista without the chains, alongside current catapult, make it deal high single target damage?
Replace current catapult with ballista?
Don't add ballista at all?
Have ballista summonable by a hero?

Autor Thema: New Iron Hills Unique Siege Weapon  (Gelesen 36007 mal)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: New Iron Hills Unique Siege Weapon
« Antwort #135 am: 7. Nov 2015, 15:39 »
So, I sincerely suggest Fredius wait a bit to open a poll in the future German thread (also regarding the new 'rules' involving polls themselves on MU), and, instead, focus more on testing what the German Community really thinks about this topic (through a general discussion), consulting possible positive or negative feedback (the 'dafür' system might help, for now).

Alright, I'll see if I can find some topics in the forums where I can propose a discussion about our ideas.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #136 am: 7. Nov 2015, 16:13 »

You can legitimately start a new thread with the translated proposals of ours (mainly yours) exposed for everyone interested in them  :)

Just, a poll might be really 'premature' at these conditions.
But, a thread is completely fine.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #137 am: 7. Nov 2015, 16:47 »
Ah I understand now, I'll see what I can do ;).

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #138 am: 7. Nov 2015, 18:53 »
I was very tired in my most recent post, I didn't mean to come off as negative in any way. The point I was trying to make is that I didn't agree with making a brand new poll just yet, and I wanted Fredius to make a new thread with whatever he deemed was appropriate, including a new poll if necessary, for the "style" as you call it, of the German forums. So, I agree with everything Die said, just go ahead and make a thread, and after some discussion let us know what's happening there, and we can merge the ideas and concepts into a poll for both sides of the forums. Thanks for the excellent moderation work Die :)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #139 am: 22. Nov 2015, 11:26 »
Well to go further on the poll, I think we need to change it a bit. During the translating I have stumbled on some little issues, for example: The first option says that the Ballista, with chains, should be buildable without removing the catapult. The second option says that the Ballista should be buildable without removing the catapult, but this time no chains. The third option says to replace the Catapult with the Ballista, but it doesn't say anything about including the chains or not, so that part is unclear. Furthermore, it has been proposed that the chains could be an upgrade. This upgrade should not be included in the poll, because the Fire tips are another proposal for an upgrade as well, but it doesn't fit anywhere in the poll, which means that the poll is not complete.

In my opinion, this is how the poll should be:

Zitat
1. The player can build both the Ballista and the Catapult.
2. The Ballista replaces the Catapult.
3. The Catapult stays, the Ballista is not needed.
4. The Catapult stays, the Ballista can be summoned by a Hero (I think we should decide which hero, and looking through the topic it has been suggested that it should probably be Drar).
5. *This leaves one last option open, I don't know if another option is necessary, but another interesting suggestion was to make the Ballista OR the Catapult a fortress expansion only. I personally don't think this is needed, but perhaps you guys would like it.

Now about the upgrades. I gave it a little thought and came to the conclusion that the decision for the upgrades should be based on the most voted option in the poll. If the first option (to include both the Catapult and Ballista in the mod) has the highest amount of votes, then the Chains upgrade should be used for the Ballista. The Catapult will be the main anti-building siegeweapon, while the Ballista should be anti-unit/anti-monster. The Chains upgrade will give the Ballista the option to deliver more area damage to units, so this will become a real anti-unit siegeweapon.

However, if the second option is voted most (The Ballista replaces the Catapult), then the Ballista should become an anti-building siegeweapon, because with the removal of the Catapult the IH will lack an good siege weapon against buildings. The Fire Tips upgrade will give the Ballista the option to deliver even more damage to buildings, but ofcourse they still should be strong against single units/monsters, but the possibility to gain an area damage upgrade, like the chains, will be gone.

This way the whole suggestion will be polished a bit more in my opinion. This also means that the votes have to be reset, but I hope you guys understand my advise on this matter. Tell me what you think of this, and if everything is concluded and clear, then I'll continue the translations.

Very interesting!

This is exactly what I suggested on page 7 of this thread, but everyone spoke against it, making it "an overkill"  ;)
Reason could be that the suggestion came from me?
But still: go for it!

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #140 am: 22. Nov 2015, 18:54 »
The only thing that was overkill was having two polls at once. I won't involve myself with this suggestion for now, because the Warchariot suggestion concept is near-finished and I'm busy translating that one.

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #141 am: 22. Nov 2015, 23:18 »
The only thing that was overkill was having two polls at once.
which is why I suggested to make 2 polls after another, not at the same time  ;)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #142 am: 18. Dez 2015, 16:21 »
I say we bring this Thread to live! :-)  I think we can consider the pol done and continue with the discussion! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."