1. Mai 2024, 15:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should the Battlewagons become War Chariots and recive a Re-Skin with Unique Active Abilities!? :)

Yes,they should!
No,the shouldn't!

Autor Thema: Battlewagons Improvements  (Gelesen 54434 mal)

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
  • "Nothing is true, but... Santa is."
Re: Battlewagons improvments or not!?
« Antwort #120 am: 27. Nov 2015, 01:54 »
1. Now that you bring it, there was such a thing indeed lol, fair enough.

2. Why not the original? It just need better animals/a decent texture and boom! :)
https://goo.gl/cVX0fk

3. And it looks badass in armor! :D

7. Mobile Assault Charriot with Gandalf on the top sounds soo right. XD

8. Yea, overall they should be vulnerable to infantry. They shouldnt be 1 : 1 with
medium Rohan cavalry thou, since the area damage will make it a top tier unit, so...
Anyway, i feel its on the right way.

Nah, keep going man, this is looking great!

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #121 am: 27. Nov 2015, 04:09 »
Rohan Cavalry isn't necessarily the best in Middle Earth, but the thing is they have the most. They can field the most cavalry the fastest in middle earth, that's what makes them so dangerous. So yes, battlewagons should be individually stronger than Rohans cavalry, but at the same time much more expensive.

As for the flash bombs, my original idea for the name was "Flash Flame" to match what Thorin asks in the movie "Thorin: Can you still make flash flame? Balin: Aye, it'll only take a jiffy!"
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #122 am: 27. Nov 2015, 11:49 »
I've read the Edited OP with the final proposal. It's a lot to crunch through so it took me a bit longer than expected

1.Erebor Chariot
I agree with everything there. It all makes sense and is lore accurate. I would like to suggest a thing to discuss:
-make Erebor slightly slower than its other versions but with better defense to emphasize the Strong Kingdom of Erebor.

2. Ered Luin Chariot
Same here: sounds good, looks good. As with the previous I would suggest a slight speed stat boost with a lower defense to emphasize the mobility.

3. Iron Hills Chariot
Nothing different: looks good and sounds marvelous. The usual suggestion: boost and speed and dmg against defense. Semi-automatic crossbow sounds awesome.

The stats boost are very small, they won't make much difference but if you were to have a chariot competition each would win in its own category.

4. The Hero Chariot
Good idea for the skin change, the limit will bring a good balance to the game.

5. Effects
I also vote for #3 since I agree with Dain, I would also suggest that therefore battle wagons should get a speed nerf as to be slower but lose less Deceleration.

6. Provision
I like the idea, it makes it more realistic. If you go with the idea of beer to heal the dwarves I suggest that the effect be stronger then the other healing buildings but also reduce speed slightly much in the same manner as the spellbook heal.

I don't have much else to say, you guys have really polished this and all that's left now is to wait for the team to respond. Well done, a clap from the Shadow of Dol Guldur to you guys  xD
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #123 am: 27. Nov 2015, 14:43 »
@Necromancer,

I just wanted to point out that you read the concept of the dwarven realms and their according battlewagons incorrectly. Ered Luin is the most defensive one, Erebor the most building and siege oriented one, and Iron Hill is about speed and offense. Ered Luin has heavy infantry and should probably have either the lightest or the heaviest one, depending on how you look at it. The other then goes to Erebor, and the most different one goes to Iron Hills, with the semi-automated crossbow.

That is all :P
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #124 am: 27. Nov 2015, 16:57 »
That's true, ugh... Can't do anything right today. Hopefully you get the concept though.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #125 am: 27. Nov 2015, 18:03 »
No worries, it was clear ;).

The concept is well thought out and the attention to detail leaves very little to be desired. Well done lads!

My first concern originally was that it would have been an additional cavalry unit to the Dwarves next to the Battlewagon, but as the faction is primarily designed to be an infantry-based faction, it would have been contradicting to the design. However, I was thankfully proven wrong, as the idea has been made so that the now vanilla Battlewagon will be revised with distinguishing features, just like how most units of the Dwarven Realms have received.

I absolutely love it. The difference in playstyle, but also in visuals among the revised Battlewagons of the different realms clearly took time to shape it to the form it currently possesses. You even have made your own work  to complement the proposal. Fantastic! Surely, the team cannot refuse such an elaborate proposal :P.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #126 am: 27. Nov 2015, 20:35 »
Maybe we could call it "Flash Flame Barrels" then? If bombs sounds inappropriate in dwarven terms, because only true "bombs" in Tolkien world was used from Saruman.
In my opinion Flash Flame Barrels sounds ok. What do you think about this?

It sounds ok, but there should be some serious change (some details of realm etc, color), and somehow to be able to add those wheel spikes so we could integrate this in concept. Dain need to give some opinion about this, after all this is his concept in main term. :) I like this, if we can make some good recognizable change on chariots. :)
At the end, there is also information which we should take into consideration concerning this matter a bit, Erebor and Ered Luin are mostly same dwarves (in origin), so maybe in this situation we can call our decision to have same chariots model justified in that term. Third different skin would be probably better, but we can also live in current sitation. It is my opinion. :)

They should be vulnerable to pikes as part of infantry, not vulnerable to swordsmen, if you had chance to experienced in game, battle wagons are too weak against swordsmen damage. In my opinion this is balance issue. We suggested new abilites and in particular case, armor buff for Ered Luin so we catch up with this issue in some way.

Thank you very much, we will try to give our best. :)

Thank you for your time and you feedback. :)
We appreciate it. :)

Thank you for this comment. :)
If we have managed to change your opinion about this, we are very glad to hear that. :)
That gives us motivation for further developing of this concept, of course in interaction will all these dedicated members. :)

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Nov 2015, 04:03 von CragLord »

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #127 am: 28. Nov 2015, 00:10 »
I don't really understand why the "barrels" needs to be added to the name at all, I see no issue with just calling it Flash Flame.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #128 am: 28. Nov 2015, 00:39 »
If you as native speaker see that as redundant word, I am out of any complaint.

P.S. As someone who isn't native speaker of English, Flash Flame reminds me on name of some "instant casting" spell from wizard etc, not on some dwarven engineering contrivance. Because of that, I suggested word "barrels" at the end.

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Nov 2015, 20:02 von CragLord »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #129 am: 28. Nov 2015, 19:54 »
Your icons are going great, thus if you notice, most of BFME2 radial icons have a little blue gradient/sky-like/orby thing in the background. Edain seems to follow that pattern,so would be cool to paintup a background with some blue and white brushing.

Is this what you meant?

Improved graphics:

So what do you think about this? Are buttons now more suitable for implementation? Dain will probably upload first page with those graphics when he get some free time. :)

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Nov 2015, 21:58 von CragLord »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #130 am: 28. Nov 2015, 22:33 »
awesome crag as always

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #131 am: 28. Nov 2015, 23:54 »
Ok, I edited the first post with the updated pictures as Dáin asked me  :)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #132 am: 29. Nov 2015, 00:01 »

Great, thanks Walk.
So now we have 'second' final proposal. :)

P.S. Thanks Gray! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Dez 2015, 22:22 von CragLord »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #133 am: 30. Nov 2015, 21:45 »
The German forums are now officialy aware of this suggestion :):

http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,32234.0.html

Now let's see what the Team thinks about the suggestion.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #134 am: 30. Nov 2015, 21:46 »
That is nice to hear Fred. :)
Thank you for your effort man! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Nov 2015, 21:50 von CragLord »