28. Apr 2024, 16:54 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Minor changes to Bard  (Gelesen 4855 mal)

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
Minor changes to Bard
« am: 7. Nov 2015, 15:16 »
Hello again companions of Edain

I have a new idea concerning our beloved Bard, I feel that his design is excellent when he is first recruited as he is still a bargeman and a smuggler, however as we all saw in the final film, bard took a new path as a leader and a protector of men.

I think a new system is required to give Bard a bit of a boost. I think level up method for Thorin would work well here, so for example as bard levels up his clothes change to the blue jacket and ring mail he wears in the battle for Dale (Possibly at level 5?)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B22ck9oIgAATTxl.jpg - something along these lines

he could also get his sword as he prepares for the long battle ahead

http://www-images.theonering.org/torwp/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Bard-Poster-3.jpg

I think Bard's abilities could be kept mostly the same for example the Black arrow is iconic so that has to stay. However I think that he could use a weapon toggle to bow and sword as he levels up, rather than the different bow swap.

I think this would provide bard with a more useful skill and makes him look like a leader rather than attacking with his bow at long range whilst his people take on the orcs alone!

This is only an idea but I've been thinking about it for a while

Let me know what you think :)

KHAZAD AI MENU!
The horns of hell are upon us!To Battle sons of Durin!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Minor changes to Bard
« Antwort #1 am: 7. Nov 2015, 15:26 »
Well I have thought about that long time ago and the thing that Stoped me from Suggesting it is that the Team had created a Very Unqie Long Bow/Normal Bow System and I doubt they would like to change it!Although if Bard gets his BotFA Look after LV 10 it will be possible since you wil lplay with the Bow System till you get him to LV 10! :)

I am fine with Bard as it is now and I think will be nice to ahve him as a Leader Warrior too,so I will leave that to the Team to decide! :)

Greetings! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 7. Nov 2015, 15:30 »
I will remove the previous thread of yours, then.
The one you have not managed to finish  :)

A double thread involving the exact same topic is against the rules.

EDIT: Deleted it.

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
« Antwort #3 am: 7. Nov 2015, 19:52 »
Thanks! I don't know how that happened, cheers for deleting it

And Lord Dain, yeah I suppose that's true, but if they end up just changing his appearance  when he reaches level 10 I'll be happy!

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #4 am: 7. Nov 2015, 21:28 »
Perhaps he could have the sword as a temporary ability, for example he currently has a leadership swap, maybe instead of this he could activate it and gain a sword, and a stronger short range leadership for the duration. That way he would keep his bow swap ability AND gain a sword and leadership function, everybody wins.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
« Antwort #5 am: 7. Nov 2015, 22:12 »
Ah I really like that idea, kind of similar to Thranduils different stances, so say Bard was in Hold Ground stance, he would have his bows as he fights defencivley, however in Aggressive stance he has his sword and bow toggle?

what do you think about the Cosmetic change as he levels up?

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #6 am: 7. Nov 2015, 23:47 »
No I didn't mean the stances, I meant his current ability, that can change from a stronger leadership to a weaker leadership with more range.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
« Antwort #7 am: 8. Nov 2015, 00:53 »
OH, sorry I misread you're reply, ok that would probably work quite well, would it be a temporary toggle or a permanent one like it currently is?

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #8 am: 8. Nov 2015, 01:22 »
It would be temporary, and change the LD to a short range version with stronger effects.

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
« Antwort #9 am: 8. Nov 2015, 01:53 »
Ok that's cool, so is it a possibility do you think?  xD

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #10 am: 8. Nov 2015, 07:32 »
I like the idea of having a temporary sword system, like Legolas's knives. I can see how it would fit in. The team could replace the leadership with an ability that would give temporary leadership when activated and allow bard to use a sword. Maybe, if possible, they could also have a passive leadership for movement speed or defense. I agree that the team will refuse to change their bow system.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
« Antwort #11 am: 8. Nov 2015, 12:35 »
Thanks so much for the feedback, I'm fine with the team keeping the bow system if they wish, as long as the sword is implemented some how, I'm happy :)