28. Apr 2024, 14:57 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Lothlórien Suggestions  (Gelesen 112632 mal)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: Brief Lothlórien Suggestions
« Antwort #105 am: 3. Jul 2016, 11:52 »
I like it! Looks good!

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #106 am: 3. Jul 2016, 13:35 »
Thank you Fredius !  :)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #107 am: 3. Jul 2016, 13:57 »
Sent me the textures. ;) Looking great.

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #108 am: 3. Jul 2016, 14:25 »
Sent me the textures. ;) Looking great.

Thank you It's a pleasure to help, I've sent you the texture.

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #109 am: 4. Jul 2016, 14:27 »
I don't know if it has already been suggested but is it possible to extend Galadriel's Gift of Lorien to heroes belonging to other factions ? I mainly think about Aragorn, Gimli, Boromir... Well, the Fellowship of the Ring :D

I'm aware it won't be used a lot in competitive games and tournaments for they almost always are 1v1, but it would be a cool little feature to add to Edain Mod. Of course, what the Gift would give to the new heroes has to be discussed, but let me know if you think it's worth it :)   

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #110 am: 4. Jul 2016, 16:34 »
I don't know if it has already been suggested but is it possible to extend Galadriel's Gift of Lorien to heroes belonging to other factions ? I mainly think about Aragorn, Gimli, Boromir... Well, the Fellowship of the Ring :D

I don't think so. Left technical matters aside, it would be objectively more lore accurate than the current display, that involves Celeborn, Thranduil and other characters that are not part of the Fellowship (for evident balance-related and conceptual reasons). Though, I can't really see the point of extending that ability to heroes outside the actual faction: it would turn out to be quite a waste if your allies couldn't recruit those heroes in the game for the most diverse reasons, Aragorn already possesses the Noldorin dagger and what about Gimli? How can the three hairs from Galadriel's legendary golden-silver head be represented decently in the game?  :P

Furthermore, I can't recall of any other ability in the game that is also aimed to other heroes outside the very hero's faction. As you said, it would be pointless both gameplay speaking and as a concept itself. I already find Galadriel's Gifts extremely recognisable and iconic as an ability, defining perfectly her role as a Hero Supporter and as the sustaining and central pillar of Lothlórien/Mirkwood; not to mention the absolutely significant reference to the pure lore.

Of course, many options could be found to avoid issues and give each hero a proper enhancement, but it's not really worth it. It would just end up with adding unnecessary features to an already well-designed concept  :)

Garlodur

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • In Moria, in Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #111 am: 18. Jul 2016, 01:16 »
My suggestion starts with a question: is Galadriel as a Ring-Hero going to be changed with the the new Ring mechanics?

If not, I would like to make a suggestion regarding her Blessed form. Apparently the Ring is then taken out of the game the way things are in 4.3, but I never checked this. Is it so that Frodo takes the Ring and if he's not recruited, the Ring remains out of the game?

Anyhow, I had always had some trouble understanding the philosophy behind removing the Ring from the game: it does not feel right to me, and it is quite strange to have this linked to Galadriel's Blessed form.

I was wondering what people think about giving the place of Frodo and Sam a more fixed position with the Ring. It would look similar to what Elrond does as he gives he Ring to the Fellowship. With Galadriel, however, it is slightly different as she gets the upgraded versions of abilities plus a powerful shared leadership over her surroundings and the castle, plus the summoning of Frodo carrying the Ring and Sam by her side as individual heroes without having to buy them at the Citadel.

This way, the Ring is not taken out of the game, and it also becomes another type of hide-and-seek within the game: instead of having to find Gollum, the enemy has to find Frodo! I believe this will bring an interesting aspect to games playing with or against Lothlorien because there is a big risk of losing Frodo right when Galadriel picks up the Ring, up to the fact that as he puts on the Ring the Eye will seek him.

I wonder if this is all possible from a technical aspect: if Frodo dies, does Galadriel remain Blessed, and is this okay with balance reasons? On the one hand I think her choice is significant enough to impact the rest of the game, also as her Blessed form is slightly weaker than her Dark Queen form, on the other hand the game allows two Ring-heroes (Galadriel + Ringhero of other faction).

Well, this was not so brief. I hope to read some insightful discussions :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #112 am: 18. Jul 2016, 04:23 »
If I recall correctly, a similar question has already been answered some time ago. I don't remember now the actual answer, but they made it clear that depriving the other players of the possibility to use the One Ring is indeed an advantageous feature the Blessed Form is supposed to grant.

Personally, I have always leaned towards your own considerations: making Frodo carry the One Ring, just as he does in the lore. Even though, I think there might be some technical issues occurring in the kind of system you proposed (combined with the fact that they might not want to have Frodo as an additional Ring Hero of Lothlórien too). At the present state, thus, you had better wait for a response from the Edain Team or other more informed users about this specific topic  :)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #113 am: 20. Sep 2016, 17:51 »
Give Ents Bombard? I mean they're one of the only if not the only siege units not able to bombard.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #114 am: 20. Sep 2016, 18:07 »
Last I checked, Ents can bombard (as long as they are in Rock Throw mode, of course).  I'm pretty sure that Treebeard and Quickbeam can't, but standard Ents can.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #115 am: 20. Sep 2016, 18:48 »
My bad you're right. You just have to deselect/reselect them after switching to rock mode.

Secret Keeper

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #116 am: 8. Okt 2016, 19:00 »
Hi everybody, just one thing. Is there any will to allow Grimbeorn recieve a gift from Galadriel? It feels weird not having this option, as Grimbeaorn is the only one without it.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #117 am: 8. Okt 2016, 19:28 »
I guess he's not supposed to receive a gift because he's neither an Elf nor a Hobbit, as he doesn't belong neither to the realm of Lórien nor to the one of Mirkwood. That is, we're talking about a 'minor' subfaction (Skin-changers), similar to the situation of Treebeard and Quickbeam: they are not Wood Elves.

I don't really know if this is the main argument behind the Edain Team's choice of not granting the above-mentioned heroes that possibility, but I regard it as a just conceptual explanation anyway (beside the possible balance or gameplay points for or against such proposal).

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #118 am: 9. Okt 2016, 12:59 »
Hi everybody, just one thing. Is there any will to allow Grimbeorn recieve a gift from Galadriel? It feels weird not having this option, as Grimbeaorn is the only one without it.
What gift should he get? Just explain your thoughts. ;)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #119 am: 9. Okt 2016, 16:50 »
I like this idea, let me try to give my perspective. Galadriel knows of what has happened to Grimbeorn's people and should gift him with some power or weapon that would allow him to preserve the remains of his people. Here are the possible gifts of Galadriel:

Blessing of Galadriel:
Galadriel blesses Grimbeorn with the power of Nenya and gives him the power to preserve his people. All Beornings and Homsteads gain an health and armor boost.

Sindar Axe:
Galadriel gifts to Gimbeorn an ancient Sindar axe from the first age which with every strike strengthen nearby Beornings and allows him to regain some health.

Here are my two suggestions to the idea, I find the concept interesting and definitely worth some exploring.