13. Mai 2024, 17:37 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: CaH Ranger X Elves  (Gelesen 2428 mal)

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
  • "Nothing is true, but... Santa is."
CaH Ranger X Elves
« am: 14. Nov 2015, 20:17 »
Hello there  8-)

While playing with CaH today i figured that the Gondor Ranger is somehow a bit superior to Elven Archers. While they have the same skillset, the attribute points allow the ranger to have a bit more attack then the archers, while their range is the almost the same (2 point change vs. 6 points change).

Thus, this variation is positive, since if theyre totally equal there would be no place for a tactical choice, but only for aesthetics. So, i would like to suggest that:

- Since the ranger can get a little more attack, give the elven archer more speed.
* Elves normally move faster then another races, so its inside the lore.
* Reduce the ranger maximum range in -1 or -2 points, to balance the loss of strength on the elves.
* A 10-20% in elves move speed would be fitting, without breaking animations nor unbalancing the playstyle. Also makes the stealth skill on the tree more useful, as it will become a decent scout hero.

Then, we get to the attack speed topic. While i think the current attack speed is a bit slow for a specialized archer, straightly buffing it would be boring. So i would suggest
that:

*Make your Willpower points, wich already buff your cooldowns, give you a little attackspeed buff, like a 1~2% AS per point. That would make the stats more desirable, since with the current setup, its a Must-have to get the Attack Speed skill from the skillset, taking room from another possible interesting setups.

Well, nonetheless, the actual CaH builds are awsome, and im looking forward to see more skills coming! :)

Cheers o/

Tasshelhoff

• Hobbit
Re: CaH Ranger X Elves
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Jun 2016, 22:57 »
where can i see the stats of units like this? im interested in contrubuting in edain wiki but need a little more than what game tells me in-game.

edit: btw i too think you are right on the subject and at least there should be an attribute that alter the attack speed stat.
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Jun 2016, 00:14 von Tasshelhoff »

-Mandos-

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Mess with the Best!
« Antwort #2 am: 13. Jun 2016, 23:46 »
That's only for the Create-a- hero. If you are interested in more detailed information, I would suggest the Edain Searcher:
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31183.msg397299.html#msg397299
I dont know if there's an english version, but most properties have english names anyway so it shouldnt be too hard :P
A Túrin Turambar turún' ambartanen!
Túrin, master of doom, by doom mastered!

JPTroms

• Hobbit
« Antwort #3 am: 14. Jun 2016, 03:54 »
I really hope that this gets included into a later patch because elves are the best archers in the world so the Ranger shouldn't be better then them