27. Apr 2024, 10:15 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Orcs  (Gelesen 3584 mal)

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • This is SauronlordoftheEarth from modb LOVE EDAIN!
Orcs
« am: 7. Dez 2015, 01:43 »
Orcs should not be free. All you do is spam them in multiplayer games within the first five minutes you can win. Orcs in bfme1 were free, then in Bfme2 they costed 100 and were severely nerfed. Orcs are almost the same in strength as Lorien swordsmen. A battalion of Lorien Swordsmen can barely handle a battalion of Orc warriors. So definitely orcs should either be nerfed or they should cost as much as every other warrior unit 200 resources. This has been a problem since Edain 4.0 was first released in my opinion please nerf Mordor orcs! :( I know that in the lore Mordor had innumerable hordes of orcs but still it is a game and all games need to be balanced.
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Dez 2015, 01:49 von lotr1997 »
There is only one lord of the rings, only one who can bend it to his will, and he does not share power!

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: Orcs
« Antwort #1 am: 7. Dez 2015, 02:12 »
I don't like saying this, and I really mean no offense and am not trying to be rude, but "get better" is the appropriate response to this. Orc spam is ridiculously easy to counter as all factions.
Lorien: Archers and Beornings.
Isengard: Scouts wreck orcs, dunlanding spam works quite well too.
Rohan: Cavalry.
Gondor: Cavalry, counter free troops from signal fire.
Dwarves: Guardians can each take on multiple hordes of orcs by themselves, excepting Erebor who are really not so great on the field of battle. Iron Hills Guardians with their charge can straight up massacre orc spam.
Free orcs are an essential part of Mordor's balance and playstyle, they are meant to tie up the enemy while your heavy hitters(nazgul, cirith ungol units, summoned evil men) do the real damage.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #2 am: 7. Dez 2015, 02:19 »
Sorry mate :P, but +1 to Elite.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #3 am: 7. Dez 2015, 02:32 »
Now im not saying they are not easily countered but within five minutes Lorien cannot build beornings and archers are not a counter really. Last match i played i was doing fine it was five minutes in i had 3 battalions of Lorien archers in my castle then boom i just see this lake of orcs back-dooring me on the woods of lorien map so i send all my swordsmen back i had 3 battalions of them and then it was 3 minutes later and i saw two trolls and i was done for! All im saying is to raise the price of them a bit so that spamming is still there but at a small cost. I read how many units this guy had and it was 1200 in 8  minutes! Also im not offended at all Elite but im sure you could of thought of a nicer way to say it like Practice more or many other things.
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Dez 2015, 02:40 von lotr1997 »
There is only one lord of the rings, only one who can bend it to his will, and he does not share power!

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #4 am: 7. Dez 2015, 03:21 »
I speak bluntly, what can I say  ;)
Lorien can absolutely get Beornings in 5 minutes, it all depends on how aggressive you are and how many outer build plots you take. Also, the guy you were fighting made trolls? LOL. Trolls are one of Mordors worst units. If you tie up the orcs with your swordsmen on defensive stance, and put your archers behind on aggressive stance, you can kill absurd numbers of orcs. I assure you, orcs are no issue. If you ever want me to prove my point, find me on gameranger, I'll be Lorien you be Mordor.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

lotr1997

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #5 am: 7. Dez 2015, 04:11 »
Ok elite :) what is your gameranger name?

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #6 am: 7. Dez 2015, 04:21 »
I'm pretty sure I have seen you before playing with my friend DarkRadek, my name is E_KryPtik

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #7 am: 7. Dez 2015, 10:49 »
Sorry mate :P, but +1 to Elite.

+1 to Elite too  8-)

I think that this matter concerning free Orcs has already been brought up on ModDB once, and rightly answered too as well.
Free Orcs are exactly one of the characteristic things from BFME1 that we couldn't do without like the overall strength of the flying units ought to be.

Free Orcs could easily be compared to the 'limited number' of units of Imladris, or to the particular structures system of Lothlórien.
Free Orcs are the core of Mordor along with other specific and unique traits; this topic is thus out of discussion.
I have to lock this thread.

--- LOCKED ---