28. Apr 2024, 08:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Glorfindel23's Map Pack  (Gelesen 240983 mal)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: Glorfindel23's Map Pack
« Antwort #135 am: 9. Feb 2016, 18:35 »
Just a suggestion for Helm's Deep:
Erkenbrand should be recruitable after a timer has passed or come in from the edge of the map once the timer has passed with troops. But I guess it depends on whether you're following book or movie.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #136 am: 9. Feb 2016, 18:48 »
Just a suggestion for Helm's Deep:
Erkenbrand should be recruitable after a timer has passed or come in from the edge of the map once the timer has passed with troops. But I guess it depends on whether you're following book or movie.

Thank you but I following anything, I want release maps who change of the other maps, and I want than all events are a choice of player.
Not time at the start of the game for example
And for Erkenbrand I prefer put he in he citadel, for the functioning of the three heroes Elfhelm, Erkenbrand and Grimbold, they aren't really heroes they are more considered like a simples capitaines who support the troops

Davide3i

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #137 am: 10. Feb 2016, 16:17 »
Glorfindel23, I've found a solution for the bug with Guardian of the White City.
To show the icon instead of that long command_line, change every
Command_ConstructGondorBoromirGuardHorde_MTwith
Command_ConstructGondorBoromirGuardHorde
Badly I wasn't able to fix the problem with the Guards of the Fountain icon (being purple), even changing it to "WOR_GondorTowerGuard" (as you told me in another topic).

Still, I don't know if someone already told you, but there's a bug in the Ithilien camp inside of the city: there's Théoden in the place of Faramir.

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #138 am: 10. Feb 2016, 21:00 »
Helm's Deep Map Realised in version 1.00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVsV7bu9ZXw&feature=youtu.be

For information on this map look this
-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAB9oWmMaxs&list=PL4eAoUNCNip_fqL35ldtD7tOOxvk1kKxH

The link of the map :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwh55nk6w3l9ww6/Helm%27s+Deep+v1.0.rar

________________________ _____________________

Glorfindel23, I've found a solution for the bug with Guardian of the White City.
To show the icon instead of that long command_line, change every
Command_ConstructGondorBoromirGuardHorde_MTwith
Command_ConstructGondorBoromirGuardHorde
Badly I wasn't able to fix the problem with the Guards of the Fountain icon (being purple), even changing it to "WOR_GondorTowerGuard" (as you told me in another topic).

Still, I don't know if someone already told you, but there's a bug in the Ithilien camp inside of the city: there's Théoden in the place of Faramir.

Thank you but if I delete the "_MT" my changements no will not take into account for this unit.
And for the bug of faramir I'm working but I have a question (below):
http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,32468.msg428717.html#msg428717
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Feb 2016, 21:40 von Glorfindel23 »

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #139 am: 10. Feb 2016, 23:34 »
Just had a little look through your map, and I really love it. I especially love the redesign of the layout of the map, and the internal keep. That being said, the map is far from finished. I'll list everything I could think of in my brief 20 minute look through the map.

The biggest issue right now is that the defending player doesn't have nearly enough build plots. The defender needs at least 4 more build plots to stand up against the might of 2 attacking players. I would recommend putting 2 in the inner keep, 1 in the courtyard just outside the keep, and 1 more behind the deeping wall.

In addition, the defender should start with 4 heroic statues placed at key locations that also give the full discount on heroes. A statue is needed in front of the main gate, in the courtyard, and 2 behind the deeping wall. Some wells would be nice as well.

Next, the command points are still standard, and should be balanced as they are in your Minas Tirith map.

Next, there are several units that are not properly balanced to the current version of the Edain mod, namely the 3 units summoned from the Rohan close combat herald. Their stats are great at first, but suck terribly when upgraded, even compared to peasants. Related to this is the Rohirrim reinforcement army, the captain leading it is extremely weak, and the army itself cannot receive any upgrades besides heavy armor. Finally, I'm not sure about the Galadhrim from the Inn, you may want to double check them to ensure they are properly balanced.

Next, the system for summoning the reinforcements isn't terribly clear. I knew how to do it because I watched the video, but a LOT of people will get this map without watching those videos and waste the heralds that summon the reinforcements in combat. I would heavily recommend adding an objective for the defender telling them to send those 2 heralds to the light beacon to clarify this.

Next, I think that Théoden should automatically be freed from corruption, since you cannot make use of several of his corrupted abilities. Additionally, I think the cost for the 3 hunters (Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli) should be reduced, as they are so instrumental in the Battle of Helms Deep. Right now it costs a fortune to get the 3 of them out at once, on top of all the other heroes that you can recruit. Also, do you think you could create some custom abilities for Grimbold, Elfhelm and Erkenbrand, seeing as how you made them full heroes for this map?

Finally, I didn't actually wait the entire time to see the Galadhrim reinforcements, but I know from the video that they are cavalry. I disagree with this, because the cavalry used is taken from Rivendell unless I am mistaken. I think that they should be the first of the reinforcement armies to show up, and that they should be archers, the Galadhrim do not have any organized cavalry forces in their army. The 2nd army should be the Rohirrim reinforcements, and I think it should be made stronger.

That's everything I have so far, can't wait to see the map fulfill its potential! You are doing the Edain mod a service making these excellent maps for the community :)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #140 am: 11. Feb 2016, 00:54 »
Thank you ! I will work  ;)

Nuramon90

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Namáriëor Navaer
« Antwort #141 am: 12. Feb 2016, 23:03 »
Thank you Glofrindel for this awesome map. Im totally with Elites opinion. It would be really nice if you could work these things out. But great work!
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #142 am: 12. Feb 2016, 23:28 »
Thank you, I'm working ;)

Nuramon90

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Namáriëor Navaer
« Antwort #143 am: 13. Feb 2016, 10:38 »
I just played the map 2 times right now and I have to say Im really happy with the chambers behind the fortress, inside of helms deep. Fantastic work! And a really cool special effect there, nice how you made this!

I also have to say that the hero costs are too high, nearly impossible to get them all if you want to go for upgrades and so on. The defending player should have more money or at least lower costs for these heroes there.

For me the map was too easy to win. Could you please add Isengard waves with a strong upgraded army? I was thinking about 3 or 4 waves of fully upgraded isengard armies.
This would give a special feeling to the map when it comes to defending, otherwise its way too easy to win this.

Yes, there are not enough building plots for the defending player, please add 5 more at least.

For the allies incoming after we did the thing with the 2 units. The allies are way too weak, Rohirim should trample all the uruks easily, but they die like this in seconds if it comes to a fully upgraded uruk army. No chance for them to trample them.

You should also change the timer for the elven allies and yes: NO HORSES. It doesnt fit in there..They are supposed to support the army with their bows, like in the movie. Its a way more cooler feature with the bows instead of horses...Like the Rohirim.

Please consider changing this, and yes, switch the 2 armies. First Elves, second Rohirim.

Thank you and keep working on it!

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #144 am: 13. Feb 2016, 10:56 »
I think that his intention is for the map to be played against people, not against AI. I don't support adding waves of uruks. The hero costs issue would be fixed if he added the heroic statues. Yes, I agree that the rohirrim wave is too weak, and should be stronger.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #145 am: 13. Feb 2016, 10:56 »
I just played the map 2 times right now and I have to say Im really happy with the chambers behind the fortress, inside of helms deep. Fantastic work! And a really cool special effect there, nice how you made this!

I also have to say that the hero costs are too high, nearly impossible to get them all if you want to go for upgrades and so on. The defending player should have more money or at least lower costs for these heroes there.

For me the map was too easy to win. Could you please add Isengard waves with a strong upgraded army? I was thinking about 3 or 4 waves of fully upgraded isengard armies.
This would give a special feeling to the map when it comes to defending, otherwise its way too easy to win this.

Yes, there are not enough building plots for the defending player, please add 5 more at least.

For the allies incoming after we did the thing with the 2 units. The allies are way too weak, Rohirim should trample all the uruks easily, but they die like this in seconds if it comes to a fully upgraded uruk army. No chance for them to trample them.

You should also change the timer for the elven allies and yes: NO HORSES. It doesnt fit in there..They are supposed to support the army with their bows, like in the movie. Its a way more cooler feature with the bows instead of horses...Like the Rohirim.

Please consider changing this, and yes, switch the 2 armies. First Elves, second Rohirim.

Thank you and keep working on it!

I have put some statues in strategic positions, this has reduced the cost of the hero.
I'm working in the power of the heroes Grimbold, Erkenbrand and Elfhelm.
And for explain my choice for the reinforcements, once again I don't follow the book or the film, I want make a map with new unit who are not playable in the normal game, like the Galadhrim is already recruitable I prefers put a Cavalries of Galadhrim.
Also if I follow the book and the film I can't put the system with the two emissaries and like I have explained in my map I want than all events be the players choices

(I will make a maps scripted and based on the book when I will finish my Map Pack).  ;)

(I've also fixed the Rohirims, they are now stronger)

Nuramon90

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Namáriëor Navaer
« Antwort #146 am: 13. Feb 2016, 11:14 »
Yes I totally understand you. Seems legit, keep on your good work.

Im a huge fan of your maps, dont forget this :-D

For the 3 rohan heroes there in the inn: Erkenbrand and so on, they are bugged. The power says, that they can heal heroes, but they only heal themselves. Maybe take a look at this too =)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #147 am: 13. Feb 2016, 11:18 »
Just a small note Glorfindel, I understand that you want to do something unique, but you have to understand that you are completely breaking the lore of LOTR. Lorien actually doesn't have any standing cavalry forces, and they live in the trees, so it literally makes no sense to have elven cavalry arrive. If you want to do 2 separate cavalry armies, why not have a cavalry army of Gondor? That would make a lot more sense lore-wise.

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #148 am: 13. Feb 2016, 11:40 »
Just a small note Glorfindel, I understand that you want to do something unique, but you have to understand that you are completely breaking the lore of LOTR. Lorien actually doesn't have any standing cavalry forces, and they live in the trees, so it literally makes no sense to have elven cavalry arrive. If you want to do 2 separate cavalry armies, why not have a cavalry army of Gondor? That would make a lot more sense lore-wise.

The Galadhrim live in the trees of the Lothlorien but my changement suggested the fact that them Galadhrim have took a cavalry for join more rapidly Helm's Deep.
And I think during the War of Wrath, in the First Age the Galadhrim had horses no ?

For the moment I would edit the power but I can not modify the
"ObjectCreationList OCL_..." in the file "ObjectCreationList"

If you have an idea -> http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,32468.msg428764.html#msg428764

« Letzte Änderung: 13. Feb 2016, 11:45 von Glorfindel23 »

UlfricStormcloak148

• Pförtner von Bree
  • Celebwen The Silver Maiden
« Antwort #149 am: 13. Feb 2016, 11:45 »
Yo, how are we all

In my own view the Galadhrim in the inn with Haldir plus the cavalry is a great idea. A lot of people think the Lothlorien doesn't have horses just because they live in the trees, hell Caras Galadhon is built around and above trees so we don't know if they have horses.

I agreed with Nuramon90 there are not enough building plots for the defending player, we can only built 4 farm for reduce the Rohirrim, a peasant farm, the siegework, archery and the stable. Please add 5 more building plots at least.

I would like to know if it will be possible that you give me the code for the Galadhrim cavalry and archer, the one for the Rohirrim banner (with the three type of infantry) and also the one you use in Minas Tirith for the different camp (Haradrim/Easterling, Cage troll and so on) I would like to do my own map in the future. (Haradrim/Easterling VS Rohan/Lothlorien)

Thanks