26. Apr 2024, 17:56 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Dreaded Khazad-Dûm Veterans  (Gelesen 4049 mal)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
The Dreaded Khazad-Dûm Veterans
« am: 10. Jan 2016, 22:23 »
Good day gents,

It's me again. I've got a couple of suggestions I would like to make about the veterans of Khazad-Dûm to accompany my post in the Dwarven Balance Discussion section.

I had intended to make this a long one, but I believe I said the most important things there. As such, I'll simply give some of my ideas to make facing those veterans less frustrating and more controllable for other factions.

However, first I will present some arguments:

My thoughts:

My suggestions to the problem at hand:

These are some arguments and suggestions I have presented. I look forward to your suggestions and thoughts as always!

Kind regards.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: The Dreaded Khazad-Dûm Veterans
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Jan 2016, 23:08 »
In regards to your arguments, the strongest army of the free peoples late game is undoubtedly Gondor, its not even close.
Tower Guard spam is extremely effective against melee infantry and makes you immune to cavalry, rangers are the 2nd best archers in the game, Aragorn is the 2nd best hero killer in the game, Gandalf is the best mass slayer in the game(not counting any of the ring heroes), Word of Power and Army of the Dead can instakill most enemy armies. Need I say more?

That being said, Dwarven Veterans are indeed very strong. I don't agree with limiting them, but I have been saying my solution since the beta. Make ponies require money to buy, something like 800, and then when you add the prices together, 800 for ponies and 500 for the infantry = 1300, the same as other heroic battalions. Boom, problem solved. If the team wanted to add a 3 minute cooldown on buying the ponies as well because the veterans are infinite that would be fine.

In regards to their new design, (I hope I'm allowed to say this) their weapon purchase system as of right now is the same as the old one, so your 2nd idea wouldn't work. Finally, I don't understand your third idea at all, are you suggesting to make Veterans slaves to the pony camp?
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #2 am: 21. Jan 2016, 11:08 »
I guess you mean that Celeborn is the best hero killer in the game, right?
Well I disagree. Aragorn's first ability is better than Celeborn's and I think that's the main reason why Aragorn is the best hero killer in the game. Of course Celeborn has some cool abilities too, especially when he hits level 10, but so does Aragorn (Athelas, Elendil, knife throw) plus it takes quite a while to level him up.

"That still only counts as one!"

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #3 am: 22. Jan 2016, 00:10 »
I meant that Eowyn is the best hero killer in the game, I thought everybody knew that. 1v1 she can beat pretty much any other hero in the game, including celeborn, except for GTW and I think Sauron with ring, although she beats him without ring.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #4 am: 22. Jan 2016, 16:33 »
Level 10 perhaps. Otherwise, not a chance she defeats Aragorn or Celeborn. ^^

"That still only counts as one!"

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #5 am: 22. Jan 2016, 17:44 »
Hmm, she is the most cost-effective hero killer though, in my opinion. Nonetheless, I still think that Aragorn provides more for your overall composition, for he also provides additional support elements.

However, can we get back to topic?

@Elite
Would you please make up your mind? In Game Ranger, you told me that Dwarven veterans needed to be limited. Also, one point you say Dwarves have the best free people army late game, but now it's Gondor all of a sudden? It's confusing me, stop it :P.

I still believe they need something. The bug fixes will be a good thing to do first.
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Jan 2016, 17:48 von Odysseus »
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #6 am: 22. Jan 2016, 21:57 »
Opinions change over time as you gain experience with the different factions. I told you that about the dwarves at least several months ago, and have had plenty of time to refine my opinions since then.

Sawman

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #7 am: 24. Jan 2016, 06:22 »
You realize that if you limit veterans to 3 all your hero's cannot get mithril and that would honestly ruin dwarves for me and about that every other faction has a limit of 3 heroic units have you played Gondor lol? Bergrond can summon unlimited white company and not to mention borimir with ring can summon 6 or 7 guardians of the city so I agree with kry about buying the ponies and putting a set time for which you can buy them again and I would suggest to add a new outpost of some kind if people don't like how easy it is to defend the travel camp on some maps but let's not go there

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #8 am: 24. Jan 2016, 15:51 »
While I agree with you, it would also imply that one would have to be more strategical with the usage of mythril mails. All I am saying is that Dwarven Veterans can be spammed into oblivion if properly placed and defended. When that happens, and they begin to level, there is very little any faction can do.

If changing the veterans is out of the question, looking at the travel camp would be the next thing. If that is out of the question too, to make veterans harder to spam, I will rest my case, and ask for this topic to be locked.

If there is anything yet to be discussed, please do so.