26. Apr 2024, 17:10 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: AI not using Spells?  (Gelesen 2310 mal)

canadyan

• Bilbos Festgast
AI not using Spells?
« am: 12. Jan 2016, 16:56 »
I've just got into this fantastic Mod with my brother and we enjoy doing battles vs the Brutal AI, however the AI never seems to use their Spells at all. Is this a feature not currently implemented or do we have a problem?

Thanks.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: AI not using Spells?
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Jan 2016, 17:03 »
It seems a bit strange to me.

Although the AI is always a very intricate and 'problematic' matter to deal with, as far as I know, the AI can use primary spells, at least.

What version of the Edain Mod do you have?
Which maps were you playing in?

Keep in mind that it often occurred that the features that the AI may use were intentionally constrained and limited to not create further possible bugs (especially the spells).

I'm sure, though, that you will find more skilled people regarding these matters that could help you  :)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Jan 2016, 18:08 »
If I remember correctly the Edain Team stated that the AI could now use the first tier of spells such as "Horn of "faction"" or heal and such but as Die Walkure stated it may be that on certain maps these were restrained.
I can confirm that they work as I have seen all factions use Heals and horns although no eye of sauron or tainted land. The thing is that to really make it usefulr equires lots of working, with the Heal and Horn it is simpler, a extended if-then condition I believe but for the others it requires extensive coding which I believe the Team will get to once all factions are out.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 12. Jan 2016, 19:15 »
Exactly  :)

I think that the AI will be progressively reworked and 'expanded' a bit after all the factions will be finally released; or gradually during their release.

However, there are known issues of the AI that couldn't be fixed, since the AI, as Gnomi wrote once, sometimes works in 'mysterious ways'  ;)

Hüter

• Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #4 am: 13. Jan 2016, 13:39 »
Because of some rearrangement in the scripts going on in the background to save performence and keep order, not all AI scripts are integrated in 4.2.1. Nevertheless, the AI should use first-row-spells, as DieWalküre said. Anyway, full spell-using AI will be brought back probably with next patch. So just a little bit more to wait, but I would say it is worth it, AI wise I mean ;)

Danke an CMG für den tollen Avatar und das tolle Banner

canadyan

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 13. Jan 2016, 15:46 »
Thanks for the answers everyone! It's quite possible that the AI was indeed using the first row and I've never noticed. I hope the spellbook gets implemented soon, we're having trouble finding a challenge with the AI after repelling the initial couple waves of troops and getting our footing. Looking forward to the unexpected use of Spells hitting our armies though.

Edit: Also it was across various Maps. Mostly we played 5 and 6 Player maps so we could have 3 Brutal's vs us.
« Letzte Änderung: 13. Jan 2016, 16:54 von canadyan »