27. Apr 2024, 18:48 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dark Word of Power  (Gelesen 3056 mal)

Chiska

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • To err is human, to forgive divine
Dark Word of Power
« am: 12. Jan 2016, 18:37 »
This suggestion is just based off my personal opinion and you might think otherwise but, nonetheless, please take your time and read through my simple suggestion. Also it only concerns visual effects and nothing else (damage, cooldown etc.).

According to me Gandalf the Corrupted's Dark Word of Power, visually, couldn't live up to Word of Power or Bright Word of Power. I mean the latter two seems like these awesome power blasts emmiting all around Gandalf and, not only does it deal a considerable amount of damage, but also looks unbelievably cool.

Now the first time I got Gandalf the Corrupted and saw his level 10 power I had the highest expectations for Dark Word of Power, being a fan of evil myself. I mean the dyscription alone has enough mojo to send shrivels down my spine.
Most unfortanely when I activated Dark Word of Power the following happened:
1) These weird, black, branch thingies started twitching around Gandalf ceating the illusion that my screen was spazzing out.
2) The black things dissappeared and a very faint wind seemed to explodd around the Ring Hero.

Now I, for one, am a person who pays immense detail to graphics. This is what got me hooked to Edain in the first place. And, although, Dark Word of Power doesn't look like bfme 2 visuals and is actually not a bad animation at all, I still expected a bit more.

Now here's where my suggestion comes in   :D

A really cool massive area of effect power was the Witch-King's Halo of Angmar. Now, seeing as it was removed from 4.0, I thought that effect would fit Dark Word of Power like a glove!
Just change its colour to a more red-and-black scheme, maybe add a small delay before the burst (like Word of Power and Bright Word of Power) and viola! The perfect looking Dark Word of Power!

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Re: Dark Word of Power
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Jan 2016, 19:45 »
This seems pretty harmless to me. Why not :P.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Jan 2016, 19:56 »
To be fair, I don't know, how the Dark Word of Power looks alike atm. However I agree that the Halo looked gorgeous! xD

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #3 am: 12. Jan 2016, 23:12 »
Well, considering that Dark Word of Power is actually weaker than even basic word of power, I'm not sure how this could be implement. Also, try using it in a forest and on ents, it burns down trees, which is pretty cool.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Chiska

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • To err is human, to forgive divine
« Antwort #4 am: 13. Jan 2016, 17:51 »
Well, considering that Dark Word of Power is actually weaker than even basic word of power, I'm not sure how this could be implement. Also, try using it in a forest and on ents, it burns down trees, which is pretty cool.

Dark Word of Power will still keep its basic damage still making the base version more powerful, I just thouht that Halo of Angmar's desigm fitted the term "Dark Word of Power" more appropriatley (with a slight colour edit, of course)