7. Mai 2024, 19:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Arnor Being Aloowed as a Regular Faction - Not Only on Arnor Maps  (Gelesen 1870 mal)

Sercorpre

• Hobbit
First of all, I would like to thank anyone reading and taking the time to respond; as I would assume this suggestion is fairly popular. I understand the reason for Arnor only being allowed on certain maps - maps related to Arnor in the lore. However, this suggestion comes purely from my love for Arnor, the way it is executed in Edain... My way of thinking is about giving the player the option to choose, and not limit a completed faction to certain maps. This is, by no means, a major suggestion; nor it should be prioritized above other more major issues. However, if it is a simple fix and if it would not take a whole lot time - wouldn't want the Edain team to spend significant time on this - if they ever want to execute this suggestion. Thanks all. --- Sercorpre.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
First of all, thank you for your suggestions.
This forum is open to everyone and every proposal, always within the boundaries of the rules; technical problematics regarding complexity and time are not generally something that prevents people from discussing the most diverse kind of ideas  :)

Yes, this suggestion has already been made by many people so far, but it has always been answered as well.
Arnor can be available, at the actual state of things, only on maps related to its lore.
There are precise reasons behind it.

A possible switching system similar to the one of the Dwarves would necessarily cause Arnor to have the same spellbook as Gondor, or Gondor to have the same spellbook of Arnor; therefore, it's not possible.
This is an inevitable technical implication, as far as I know, that can't be overcome.

Adding Arnor as a new faction would not be reasonable.
There are other two 'empty spaces' for two new factions that the Edain Team is willing to use to create innovative and conceptual material.
Arnor as an independent faction would be too much similar, both graphically and conceptually, to Gondor, thus not having the right 'premises' of differentiation to be an independent system on its own.

The current form of implementation is the most reasonable solution, for now.
I have to close this thread.

--- LOCKED ---