13. Mai 2024, 20:24 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Shell-map Menu music - Credits music?  (Gelesen 2101 mal)

Dendrotheos

• Bilbos Festgast
  • æsc cyning. Freca Rohanes
Shell-map Menu music - Credits music?
« am: 23. Mär 2016, 14:13 »
Hi all,

I am unaware if this has been discussed at all on this board, so bear with me if it has already been rejected or implemented into the coming 4.3. A recent post on ModDB by kenzooooooooo suggested implementing the credits music from the LotR and Hobbit films into the mod's score somewhere. While I think it would be impractical to add them into the game, Cosmic_Panda has suggested that the credits music could be used as the background music for the various shell maps in the mod's menus.
What do you all think of the idea. Forgive me if there was an earlier discussion on this that I missed.

Dendrotheos
P.S. appologies to Die Walkure if the post is in the wrong place. Please feel free to move it where convenient  ;)
"Bealocwealm hafað fréone frecan forth onsended. Giedd sculon singan gléomenn sorgiende."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Shell-map Menu music - Credits music?
« Antwort #1 am: 23. Mär 2016, 17:19 »
This is a general suggestion, mainly.
I guess it's fine that it belongs to this board  :)
By the way, there are other Moderators (with definitely more experience), along with me, that take care of the forum  ;)

On the matter, I'm not really so acquainted with background music in the Mod, and I thus can't honestly answer.
As I don't remember correctly, are the credit songs you are referring to Into the West and The Last Goodbye?
If they are, I don't think they could be suitable (though they are greatly brilliant songs) since they are actual 'sung songs', while I believe the background music of shell maps should solely be instrumental music.
But, as I said, I don't have the proper knowledge to help you.
You might need an answer from the Edain Team.

EDIT: I saw the posts on ModDB.
Yes, you are referring to the credit songs of each film, from May it be to The Last Goodbye.
I personally love those songs, but I don't think they are suitable for the reasons indicated above.
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Mär 2016, 17:41 von DieWalküre »

Dendrotheos

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 23. Mär 2016, 18:46 »
Thanks for the reply :)

For the record, the credits songs as follows are:
May it be (FotR - sung by Enya), Gollum's song (TTT - sung by the Islandic Emiliana Torrini), Into the West (RotK - sung by Annie Lennox), Song of the Lonely mountain (AUJ - sung by Niel Finn), I see fire (DOS - sung by Ed Shierran) and the Last Goodbye (BotFA - sung by Billy Boyd).
May it be is perhaps the most thematic as it is the love theme of Aragorn and Arwen in FotR. The issue could easily be that they don't fit at all with the shell maps, which is a valid point, none of these songs really fit with the Mordor menu for instance, but maybe a couple might fit with the odd one.
"Bealocwealm hafað fréone frecan forth onsended. Giedd sculon singan gléomenn sorgiende."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 23. Mär 2016, 18:59 »
I guess pretty much every track is very thematic (I personally adore Into the West).
The point is, in my opinion, that sung songs are not very suitable to be the background music of the menu, given their own 'active impact'; whereas the typical instrumental background music creates a calming, welcoming or challenging atmosphere without diverting the player's attention too much.

Instrumental music brings you into the whole LOTR and Hobbit mood, but, at the same time, it is not the main aspect of the holistic context.

At least, this is how I see things  :)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #4 am: 23. Mär 2016, 19:03 »
I personally don't think that those songs would fit for the shellmaps.
Just imagine it... You start a game and want to play and the first thing you hear is the song "The last goodbye"...

All of those songs are "Ending"-songs and I always link them with the ending of a middleearth-experience. They are all really great, but they are the songs I would never want to hear when I'm beginning a middleearth-experience.
The atmosphere just doesn't fit at all.^^
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Mär 2016, 11:47 von Gnomi »

Dendrotheos

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 24. Mär 2016, 11:44 »
Fair point Gnomi. On a slightly different note musicwise, do you have all the LotR complete recordings in the mod's soundtrack?